im going to dubai this winter
anyone ever been?
any cool stores?
November 25, 2007 @ 07:35 AM
bloomsta

...nobody
November 25, 2007 @ 06:29 PM
camthraxFHK

ask on SuFu. I remember reading a thread about dubai over there. Apparently the shopping isn't edgy, but you can get everything luxurious that exists. The prices are also supposedly higher there too.
November 25, 2007 @ 07:00 PM
owensA

^^ya it's a boom city and one focused very much on upper class luxuries so expect a lot of haute couture type stuff (Dior, Prada, etc) and at quite high prices as Dubai is the business epicenter of a very wealthy nation. If I were you I'd go and explore the city and enjoy the weather and what not, I hear it's an absolutely amazing place. I couldn't imagine finding much in terms of good deals there, plus you're probably traveling halfway across the world to get there so why spend it shopping for items that you can get just as easily and probably cheaper back in Europe/N. America when you've got an entire country to enjoy. Wouldn't expect much if anything in terms of streetwear but sometimes in foreign countries you can find sneakers that've been sold out in Europe/the States for a while (albeit at high prices b/c the Western brands are imported and they tend to be accordingly marked up).

But if you've got your heart set on shopping I'd go the sufu route or look up shopping guides on google.
November 26, 2007 @ 01:50 AM
bloomsta

ask on SuFu. I remember reading a thread about dubai over there. Apparently the shopping isn't edgy, but you can get everything luxurious that exists. The prices are also supposedly higher there too.

what is sufu
November 26, 2007 @ 11:51 AM
owensA

superfuture.com . It's a fashion website with a bit of a more high end, metrosexual vibe.
November 26, 2007 @ 02:44 PM

I went to Dubai a couple years back and the shopping is surprisingly weak considering how many malls there are. A lot of european brands and the like. I went to every place in search of random kicks that I hoped would be around since I assumed there was no culture for it, but didn't find shit. However, that was a couple of years ago and the whole sneaker thing has blown up since. Check out the sights though...so much going on.
November 28, 2007 @ 06:33 AM
Cody44

I am living in Dubai at the moment (but am from Australia) and you won't find any good kicks over here at all. It's just mostly Dior, Prada, Louis V etc stuff over here.
December 22, 2007 @ 02:21 PM
Medasyn

I am living in Dubai at the moment (but am from Australia) and you won't find any good kicks over here at all. It's just mostly Dior, Prada, Louis V etc stuff over here.

Im at holiday ere at the moment, and from what I can see the nicest kicks ive found so far are k1x jordan copies, and a bog standard black and white AF1. Its supposed to be a SHOPPING CAPITAL.. how com the clothes n kicks are so shittt? confused
January 25, 2008 @ 12:09 AM
Cody44

Im at holiday ere at the moment, and from what I can see the nicest kicks ive found so far are k1x jordan copies, and a bog standard black and white AF1. Its supposed to be a SHOPPING CAPITAL.. how com the clothes n kicks are so shittt? confused

Yeah stuff is really quite bad. But there are a few shops in Dubai where you can get Ksubi and Chronicles of Never but I don't think there is any sneaker game here.

And I'm guessing you saw those K1X Jordan's and AF1's at Hamden Center?

Please login first to reply.