Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
August 14, 2007 @ 04:51 PM
3thehardway

Hi all,

I'm kind of new to the sneaker game and am trying to get up to speed. I'm into the rare, retro hard-to-find AF1's, Jordans, Dunks BAPES, etc etc. Who gets the better sneakers US or Japan? If so, why does one get better than the other?

How often does Nike do JP exclusive releases. Is there anywhere to find out when these releases come out and how often a new version of an AF1, Dunk etc comes out?

Are the prices more expensive in Japan or the US? If I was to go to Japan and pick up some ish that doesn't come out in the US what kind of resell value would they have. How easy is it for people in the US get their hands on exclusive releases in Japan? Only authentic of course.

Any help is appreciated.
August 14, 2007 @ 08:21 PM
THiZZ

Hi all,
I'm kind of new to the sneaker game and am trying to get up to speed. I'm into the rare, retro hard-to-find AF1's, Jordans, Dunks BAPES, etc etc. Who gets the better sneakers US or Japan? If so, why does one get better than the other?

Its really divided when it comes to shoes. For retro J's hands down the USA has a better selection. As for Rare i would say its the same just depending on the shoe you want. Although dunks and Bapes are easier to come by in JP. The only way to find out about release dates would be to either do massive research online or go to stores that sell those kinda shoes and ask them...

-THiZZ
August 14, 2007 @ 08:24 PM
THiZZ

Hi all,
How often does Nike do JP exclusive releases. Is there anywhere to find out when these releases come out and how often a new version of an AF1, Dunk etc comes out?

There isn't really a schedule when exclusive's drop...however usually around holiday's and seasons you can expect to see exclusives drop... As i said before though research it...just beware alot of sample's show up but that doesn't mean they will come out...

-THiZZ
August 14, 2007 @ 08:31 PM
THiZZ

Hi all,

Are the prices more expensive in Japan or the US? If I was to go to Japan and pick up some ish that doesn't come out in the US what kind of resell value would they have. How easy is it for people in the US get their hands on exclusive releases in Japan? Only authentic of course.

Any help is appreciated.

Japan can be expensive depending on the Yen rate and where you get it. No place sells shoes at the same price. Alot of places Re-Sell shoes DS and jack up the prices extremely high because they only have 1 or 2 pair of the items. Also in japan its hard to come across rare/limited/exclusive shoes higher than size 11. Mainly because japanese people don't wear big shoes so if you do your best bet is to get the shoes when they drop or else their pretty much not going to be available to you. As for resell value it just depends on the condition the shoe is in and they buyer. Some people will pay thousands whereas others may not even give you $10. And as for getting exclusives it all depends on who you know. Being in Japan i would say it's not that easy to get your hands on exclusives from japan*Atleast legit ones anyway* Cuz if you don't no somebody who lives here you have to go through the internet which can be risky...language barrier/fake websites/fake paypal accounts can all be a factor. My advice would be to get a feel for how the system works before persuing a purchase...

-THiZZ

Please login first to reply.