July 27, 2007 @ 04:50 PM
Peter Suh

I'm trying to save up some funds for next year, I'm broke. What are some "must do", touristy things to do that I can fit into one week? It's gotta be kid friendly.. I'll have my boy taggin' along.

cool
July 28, 2007 @ 06:10 AM
KOWLOONTONG

im goin next week. i loveeeeee tokyo
July 28, 2007 @ 09:06 AM
THiZZ

Uhhh "Must do" and "Cheap" don't mix well in Tokyo bruh...

-THiZZ
July 28, 2007 @ 09:09 AM
dare2dream

Im here at the moment, must do's are Harajuku & Shubuya have some sweet ass shops. You guys in the US probably have some of this stuff already, but being from OZ we get fuk all!!
Eat with the locals at the little eat outs, great food at great prices and good value as they just love having tourists in their house.
I could go on all day, but just walk your ass off, look up & down as the great stuff is hidden, you will love it!!!!!
July 30, 2007 @ 09:54 AM
Peter Suh

Thanks for the replies.. I won't be broke if I save up.

How's public transportation? Cost/convenience?
July 30, 2007 @ 10:13 AM
dare2dream

Highly recommend a JR Rail Pass!!! Cost us about $300 for a week, sounds expensive but that gives you access to the JR rail lines all round Japan for that price, was a god send for us this week!!!
August 5, 2007 @ 09:37 PM
MrSickVisionz

Alot of good stuff up here. I'm going in summer 08 or 09. I'ma stay for like 8 days and plan on having a budget of $200-$300 per day. So far I've got ticket and hotel plus 1 day saved.
August 6, 2007 @ 03:06 AM
KOWLOONTONG

Alot of good stuff up here. I'm going in summer 08 or 09. I'ma stay for like 8 days and plan on having a budget of $200-$300 per day. So far I've got ticket and hotel plus 1 day saved.

goin to shinjuku soon for dinner. i love the currrrrrrrrrry here
August 8, 2007 @ 10:12 PM
mikeezy

If you haven't already hit up CoCoIchi, then you must do so. Best curry place in the world.
August 9, 2007 @ 06:25 PM
THiZZ

If you haven't already hit up CoCoIchi, then you must do so. Best curry place in the world.

Very true quite popular among american's but japanese always say there is better curry places hahaha...

-THiZZ
August 10, 2007 @ 08:57 AM
MrSickVisionz

Very true quite popular among american's but japanese always say there is better curry places hahaha...

-THiZZ

I think thats true everywhere. Even in the US, you've got huge restaraunts and then you have small local spots that may not be as fancy looking, but they serve excellent food thats more (tryna think how to put it without knocking anyone) "hometown american" or local specialty than something like Houstons or Emerils.

Plus they tend to be cheaper, which means more $$$ for shoes and clothes.
August 12, 2007 @ 12:07 AM
Kevin Ma

i wouldn't get JR Pass unless you're planning to go to different cities.

If you're sticking to Tokyo, you don't need it.

HYPEBEAST.COM

October 21, 2007 @ 09:52 AM
Bypass

if ur on a budget, dont sleep on the 7-Elevens here, they are not the best ever but are waaay better than the ones in the states. You can get some super cheap sandwiches, snacks, and chicken/pork+rice type plates.

super markets have deals too on the katsu bowls and just look around for a bit. stay away from beef cus its super expensive.

there are great art shows/store openings/design events too. some are more expensive than others, but worth the money.

the whole city is a "must do", basically dont be afraid to get lost. you will find some cool stuff.

here is a link to the art info.
http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/event/

enjoy your trip

b

Please login first to reply.