HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
April 8, 2007 @ 07:31 PM

Inactive

I'm goin to Bangkok & Pattaya next month, can anyone gimme some hot spots to check out... and do they have a Niketown there?
April 9, 2007 @ 04:53 PM
bloomsta

they dont have shit here, except nike town i no they have
April 14, 2007 @ 10:43 AM
brizzle

bangkok might have a little... but i don't think there's much.

forget pattaya. and even if you do happen to find something of even remote interest it's bound to be fake. also, beware of transvestites. 90% of 'females' fall in the so-called 'ladyboy' category. just a heads up...
April 25, 2007 @ 04:28 AM
Duke

Going to Bangkok in may, propably heading to koh samui and koh tao from there as quick as possible. But on my way back i thought to stop in bangkok for a couple of days and do some shopping. Is there any chance of finding some authenic j's or af's ?
What's the best place to shop for electronics?
April 27, 2007 @ 07:38 PM
Ry'on

there is a shop i went to there a year and ahalf ago, its 3 levels, first level is all behind glass, they had homers, pharrell dunks, tweeds, tons of heat, fairly pricey, but a really nice shop, in one of the larger squares, kinda hard to find tho,,,, if somebody knows the name or adress i could use it thanks.
May 2, 2007 @ 01:47 AM
hongkongsandy

Ry'on that 3 level shop is just round the corner from Siam Square right? Sort of diagonally accross from that big mall (MBK - if you exit siam sq. towards that mall turn right, don't cross the road and its like 100-200m away.

As others have said check Siam Square especially MODIFIED if you like Futura stuff (206 Siam Sq Soi 1, Phatumwan, Bangkok 10330. Tel No +6626584672). There are some other good shops close by. The owner Nat will point you in the right direction, he's a top bloke.

You could also try MANGA (Know1edge, Crooks & Castles, Hellz Bellz, Fucking Awesome, Head Porter, Vans X Marc Jacobs, Undercover, Creative Recreation). Sort of street wear mall, recently opened so i've not been yet but its supposed to be a'ight.
(Manga, Forum Zone, 1st Floor, Central World Plaza, Siam, Bangkok)

Theres a skate shop with Nike SB account (Prejudice i think but thats a guess). I don't know of a niketown but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Sure nikes site would list it if there is one.

Do your shopping in Bangkok theres no shops of note in Pattaya. Sure you can find something else to do there though ;)

Edit - if you like toys you could also check out LENARAI (www.lenarai.com/)
May 3, 2007 @ 01:44 AM
hongkongsandy

yeah i just got back to BKK, skate shop is Pr3duce and its opposite modified in siam square

other places to try - i got this all from streething originally not sure if their guide is still online. Worth checking badboybens thailand thread over there:-
Refill 7th floor of MBK (opposite siam sq) - never been believe its appointment only
Sneaka Villa (422/6, Siam Square Soi 11,) parallel import Bathing Ape, Nike, Ice Cream, etc
Vault (226/1, Siam Square Soi 2) - Nike Energy range and Adidas Original range
Playmaxx (55-57, Bangtadtong Road, Kwang Tanon Phetchburi, Rajhateevee, Bangkok 10400 Tel 02 215 9500) 15 minutes in a cab from MBK.
Medicom Toys distributor in Thailand

Theres a new store that just opened about two weeks ago. Its called Zigzag and is next door (to the left) of modified on the 2nd floor.
They carry royalfam, mishka and some other brands (www.zig-zag-shop.com).

The new season designs at modified dropped on Saturday (5th May), already seen one up on the bay. The shop sweemie in taiwan will begin carrying the modified line in the next couple of weeks - i mention it cos they usually do online sales....
June 6, 2007 @ 01:52 AM
grug01

there is a shop i went to there a year and ahalf ago, its 3 levels, first level is all behind glass, they had homers, pharrell dunks, tweeds, tons of heat, fairly pricey, but a really nice shop, in one of the larger squares, kinda hard to find tho,,,, if somebody knows the name or adress i could use it thanks.

not usually one to gravedig on old threads but I believe the place you are talking about is playground! (the "!" is part of the store name):

www.playgroundstore.co.th/location/index.html

but yeah Siam Square is worth having a bit of a dig around as well. I think on Soi 4 in Siam Square is a joint can't remember it's name - small joint but has some good stuff and isn't too pricey. I picked up some Kermits there back in '05 for about AUD$90
July 11, 2007 @ 08:37 AM
sole patrol

was gonna start a thread bout this but since i found this one i'm wonderin how reasonable shops are in Bangkok for authentic gear in comparison to online stores. I'm going in just over a month and am wonderin if it's worth puttin a stop too all purchases and savin up for my trip. I live in Melbourne Australia, so i tend to mostly purchase AF1's,Jordan's,Dunks,Airmax etc... and also dig most of the t-shirts, jeans, hoodies etc... that they stock on places like karmaloop.com. For a pair of kicks i normally have to pay US$30 postage,which is still cheaper than buying in stores here.

Newayz my question is, what are prices like and how good is the range?

thanx in advance smile
July 12, 2007 @ 08:16 AM
sole patrol

werd, thanx for the info
July 18, 2007 @ 08:37 PM
Freshairones

i just got back from bangkok
Go to Rainbow 4 they got some good shit there. As for clothes i wouldnt really recomend. but check out Rainbow4 mos definitely
July 25, 2007 @ 03:02 AM
grug01

Rainbow 4? as in the bar?

the only thing you're gonna pick up their is AIDS

obviously you didn't manage to find the good shops.

Please login first to reply.