November 11, 2008 @ 01:11 AM
Mr.Yellow

yes another store in sydney has officially closed down, there was a megasale before the store shutdown, so bad luck with the imperials.

in terms of someday, yes they did receive the new supreme stock, with arc hoodie, "S" new era caps, they still have plenty of tees left, 'black president' etc. I could drop in if someone is really keen on a product
November 11, 2008 @ 04:54 AM
Joe_

where can u get imperials in sydney now??
November 11, 2008 @ 03:09 PM
Ledger

in terms of someday, yes they did receive the new supreme stock, with arc hoodie, "S" new era caps, they still have plenty of tees left, 'black president' etc. I could drop in if someone is really keen on a product

Stay away from Someday atm, lifting their prices I guess to cover the AUD but smh @ $400 for the ARC hoodies.
November 11, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
Mr.Yellow

truth, sold my og arc hoodie for $250 AUD a while ago, but $80 AUD per tee is much more reasonable consider 3 years ago it was $110 AUD per tee at someday. so prices have gone down, currency or not
November 11, 2008 @ 08:08 PM
Rhapsody

I got all my supreme from their online store before the dollar dipped. Looking to sell my large black messenger bag for like $150 now. Wouldnt bother with supply or someday selling the bags for $200 plus.
November 11, 2008 @ 09:08 PM
Ledger

truth, sold my og arc hoodie for $250 AUD a while ago, but $80 AUD per tee is much more reasonable consider 3 years ago it was $110 AUD per tee at someday. so prices have gone down, currency or not

Yeah tees aren't bad at all, when you factor in re-sell prices and then shipping costs from the US, it comes up on par with price...maybe a little less.

But other items are just idiotic, $400 ARC hoodies, $760+ NBHD denim etc - that shit is way too much even with a weak AUD. No wonder half the shit they got is there for months on end.
November 11, 2008 @ 11:26 PM
grug01

I got all my supreme from their online store before the dollar dipped. Looking to sell my large black messenger bag for like $150 now. Wouldnt bother with supply or someday selling the bags for $200 plus.

thought they didn't ship outside of the US.
or did you go through a proxy?
November 12, 2008 @ 12:02 AM
Rhapsody

thought they didn't ship outside of the US.
or did you go through a proxy?

Got bank to add a familys addy in the states to my CC, then they ship it out to aus.
November 12, 2008 @ 05:18 PM
bosc0

Got bank to add a familys addy in the states to my CC, then they ship it out to aus.

handy... i've got a US bank account, might need to hook a CC up to it. Good lookin out.
November 13, 2008 @ 09:05 AM
disruptfam

YEah someday is raping it bad!!!
November 16, 2008 @ 02:52 AM
Subsistence.

You dudes in Aus know that most stores are okay to give you discounts on their stock if you're willing to ask, HAL's always gives me discounts or free shit cause I talk to the guys in store and drop knowledge too.
November 16, 2008 @ 05:05 AM
Replicant

Depends where you go really.

In Syd the dudes at Incu suck handjobs unless you look like some coked out hipster from the cross.

But sometimes it's easy just to pickup stores that actually hire sales assistants that enjoy what they do and are down with street fashion as opposed to a pretty face that hasn't even got a clue what they sell.

November 16, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
bosc0

You dudes in Aus know that most stores are okay to give you discounts on their stock if you're willing to ask

cosign.... my dad always taught me "it can't hurt to ask". So i do and 5 outa 10 it works. Must be the Jewish blood in me >sad
November 17, 2008 @ 05:31 AM
disruptfam

Yeah i always ask for a hook up doesn't always work but hey whats the worse they can do ? say no...
November 17, 2008 @ 07:07 PM
Replicant

Any kind souls out there doing pickups?

Been looking for some Dita frames for a while.

November 21, 2008 @ 05:26 AM
grug01

You dudes in Aus know that most stores are okay to give you discounts on their stock if you're willing to ask, HAL's always gives me discounts or free shit cause I talk to the guys in store and drop knowledge too.

Yeah, but having mates working there means I don't have to drop knowledge for deals smile
Still, up until recently, it was still cheaper just to rock shit online than get discounted stuff from HAL, or anywhere locally for that matter. As much as I like to support the locals, can't justify mark ups of $50 or more on a pair of shoes compared to what our east coast friends pay
No different to anything else in this town though I guess. Perth gets raped.

Anyway, just remembered my mate is working in NY for the next few months and staying in the upper east side. He's a bit of a metro though, so would probably get laughed out of the shop if I sent him to do supreme pick ups
November 22, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
disruptfam

Any kind souls out there doing pickups?

Been looking for some Dita frames for a while.

Laced caries DITA i can do a pickup for ya what are you afteR?
November 23, 2008 @ 03:12 AM
rickqlo

was anyone in the city or chadstone today wearing FBTs

mustve seen at least 5 pairs of Shamans.
November 23, 2008 @ 04:15 AM
Subsistence..

Yeah, but having mates working there means I don't have to drop knowledge for deals smile
Still, up until recently, it was still cheaper just to rock shit online than get discounted stuff from HAL, or anywhere locally for that matter. As much as I like to support the locals, can't justify mark ups of $50 or more on a pair of shoes compared to what our east coast friends pay
No different to anything else in this town though I guess. Perth gets raped.

Anyway, just remembered my mate is working in NY for the next few months and staying in the upper east side. He's a bit of a metro though, so would probably get laughed out of the shop if I sent him to do supreme pick ups

What the, a Perth member besides me? suprised

East Coast doesn't charge much less for sneakers than Perth does, unless you can prove that. All of Aus is pretty balanced in terms of how much you're paying for product, sure though everything is rape marked up compared to the states, but Europe for example are still paying close to what we are once you're done converting the currencies and considering shipping. So it's not all that bad.

In terms of product here though, certain places in Aus though will charge more or less and depending on who's got the account, that can also change the price.
November 23, 2008 @ 04:51 AM
rickqlo

once you're done converting the currencies and considering shipping. So it's not all that bad.

yeah you also have to take into account that the store has to make a profit aswell.

so yeah, its not all that bad.

support locals!
November 23, 2008 @ 11:27 PM
grug01

What the, a Perth member besides me? suprised

East Coast doesn't charge much less for sneakers than Perth does, unless you can prove that. All of Aus is pretty balanced in terms of how much you're paying for product, sure though everything is rape marked up compared to the states, but Europe for example are still paying close to what we are once you're done converting the currencies and considering shipping. So it's not all that bad.

In terms of product here though, certain places in Aus though will charge more or less and depending on who's got the account, that can also change the price.

Trust me man, the differences were pretty solid in some cases. Was over in Melbs earlier in the year to watch the F1 and naturally dropped by the majority of decent stores within the CBD and along Chapel.
While on average I saw difference of about $30 a pair, I saw differences of up to $80.
I noticed Undefeated stuff is dirtloads cheaper there as well. Prob since there are multiple accounts around.
Still, economies of scale I guess. what can ya do sad

As for europe - the pay above and beyond what we pay for most stuff. it's all parity though. In reality, after exchanges and average pay rates are factored in, it's just the states that get shit cheap.
This economic downturn is saving me so much money though. haven't touched my ebay account in months haha
November 24, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
Subsistence..

Trust me man, the differences were pretty solid in some cases. Was over in Melbs earlier in the year to watch the F1 and naturally dropped by the majority of decent stores within the CBD and along Chapel.
While on average I saw difference of about $30 a pair, I saw differences of up to $80.
I noticed Undefeated stuff is dirtloads cheaper there as well. Prob since there are multiple accounts around.
Still, economies of scale I guess. what can ya do sad

As for europe - the pay above and beyond what we pay for most stuff. it's all parity though. In reality, after exchanges and average pay rates are factored in, it's just the states that get shit cheap.
This economic downturn is saving me so much money though. haven't touched my ebay account in months haha

But are you sure that's the case now too?

I'm browsing online stores in the east-coast and the stuff there is pretty similarly priced as to what it is here. I'm only seeing a few dollars difference in all up prices and I'm still getting product cheaper in Perth with discounts than what the east-coast stores are advertising online.

I'm not calling shenanigans on what you're saying, I would've believed you sometime back but nowadays it seems to me everything is balancing out here.
November 24, 2008 @ 09:00 PM
grug01

This was back in March. Differences are still there but not as much.
Haven't been into HAL for a bit but I did notice their prices had dropped a bit and some places east had raised prices a little, hence closing the gap, but there's still differences.
I'm not trying to rip on HAL because I understand the market here is smaller yet they still got to make the margins. But, it's a little hard to justify when I see a $30 and $70 mark up on a cap and shoes I bought over east.
Funny thing is, it's more the common releases. I remember with the atmos AM1's that released a bit back their prices were the same as anywhere else.
One thing which actually suprised me a bit was that as far as selection goes, HAL was considerably better than any one place I hit up in Melbs. Of course though when you put all the joints within the CBD together the variety is amazing.
Still, after deals and shipping are factored in, of course it makes sense to shop local.
If you don't mind me asking, which online spots are you hitting up?
November 25, 2008 @ 03:08 AM
Subsistence..

Ah get ya now. But hell, HAL's only does good in Mt. Lawley, the Claremont store is pretty average and the dudes who work there think they are the shit just cause they work at HAL's.

But yeah the selection does well, the Mt. Lawley store is getting pretty well known and celebs who come by Perth are always dropping by there. Plus the manager seems to have some good hook-ups with Sydney stores. Though Perth needs the variety too of the east-coast, here it's either HAL's or Beyond Skate.

And I've been comparing prices here to prices on Provider and Sole-Provider.
November 25, 2008 @ 07:54 AM
grug01

haha, my mate works at the claremont store, but I don't think he's who you're referring to. Having said that, some of the staff work both stores
Yeah the Mt Lawley store is a bit nicer on the fit out and given they got the extra room they can jam some extra shit in.
You should suss Unison in Leedy as well. They're getting in much better stuff than when they first opened.
Beyond is great though. Cool guys, decent proddy and equally good prices.
Do you ever check momentum? I've been hitting them up for near 15 years now. Was the shit back in the 90's, back when DC was still good and only marketed to skaters and they still made Droors brand. Zoo York was raw back then as well. I remember getting a pair of es koston 1's when they first dropped. proddy was sick back then. Skating in general actually. the Perth scene was good and ghetto. a bit like the shit in "Kids" haha. good times.
Anyway, Momentum still get alright stuff from time to time if the staff can convince the owner actually order good stuff. It's gone a bit downhill as of late since one of the managers left since he was the main driving force behind getting anything good in. They still get a good vans selection though. pretty sure they got a vault account now.

Provider was actually one of the joints in Melbs where I found to be cheaper than over here. Come to think of it, I think it was where I bought the hat and shoes mentioned before.
Sole-Provider has pretty high prices imo, but the fact they have sales and clearance stuff all the time makes up for it. Think you have to be on their mailing list though for the sales. Picked up a pair of the OG cw structures and a pair of OG cw royal blue AM lights for $165 each one time. missed out on a pair of the teals by about 5 minutes. was dev about that for a while lol
November 25, 2008 @ 08:34 AM
Subsistence..

All round the staff at HAL's is cool but they do tend to slip up every now and then, they beef a lot with Beyond Skate. It's fucking hilarious going to one store and asking about the other, the shit they talk is gold. Has Unison got a site or anything?
And yeah I visit Momentum every now and then, use to visit them most way before I bothered with Beyond Skate and HAL's actually and yes they got a Vault account now, seems like all these stores are slowly getting more and more Vault product in which is dope too, just sometimes I'm not all too keen on spending that much on just Vans you know. Though I have to say I can definitely tell that at Momentum they cater more to skaters, especially the Fremantle store, it's chill as. The Claremont store on the other hand is something like Beyond Skate which is aight but atleast they're catering to a variety of tastes, one with skaters and one with kids just into the clothing.

Yeah probably a mailing list cause the OG Structure colour-way is around 250 on there. What you payed is a steal, well in Australia anyway.
November 25, 2008 @ 08:58 AM
grug01

its funny that HAL beef with Beyond since staff from both are pretty much in the same crew.
Yeah the claremont momentum was pretty much setup with the same aim as the beyond city store. The guy behind most of that works for HAL now. pretty much bailed mo's straight after the re fit was finished lol. Yep, the freo store is simple but chilled. spent much of my teens there. super tight with most of the older freo skate crew as a result. gonna be a sad day when woolies get KO'd

Not sure if unison has a site. If it helps, its on the main street in Leedy (oxford? )
December 2, 2008 @ 07:34 AM
Rhapsody

Sydney people after supra skytops(white, purple, red), seems like SDS stocks them now for $220.

Also saw a tiny store around the corner from Espionage near chinatown that stocks only NBHD, bape and CDG play. Made me lol.
December 6, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
disruptfam

^^^^^ that store would be called pathway
December 6, 2008 @ 11:40 PM
tohnee

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes..

does anyone know where to find jack purcell's and low blazer's in sydney?

Please login first to reply.