Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 2, 2011 @ 11:08 PM
Ledger

All good buddy.

Honestly Uniqlo is prob my fav brand right now due to price point and quality. Subtle pieces but it's wearable all year round and you can wear if for ages since it's all fairly clean. I'd love to buy Junya but need to try it on before hand since i've got no idea about sizing but i'm def fine with droppin $700-$1k on a jacket that i'd wear for years to come.

Feel to free to PM me mate.

X: were you / are you in TKO?!
August 3, 2011 @ 02:33 AM
xdrift

ledger hits the nail on the head

even though ive bought from supply in the past and enjoy the place when im in syd (really never) youd be hard pressed finding me spending almost 1k on hockneys, id rather postpone the purchase and try my luck at FIL, save a few bucks, and go through the motions of it all, i enjoy that more.

for shirts, i fux with about 20 different uniqlos in maybe 5 styles. its a consumable for me and i generally piss shirts off after a few wears, a fainted armpit in the office talking to clients or a scuffed elbow from some labour means a throw away.. not worth keeping, and not worth it considering they are what, 2990Y and 1990Y at end of season on special.

lately ive been calm and quiet, the shop is pretty much dictacting my dress these days as im a walking billboard, so sticking to guns.

ledger: not in tokyo, melb as usual, did vietnam in april, was going to do tokyo in sept/oct, pending, but may do a big one next year in the US, so not sure just yet.

whats the plans for Jan? Holiday? work? snowboarding?
August 3, 2011 @ 03:36 AM
Ledger

Honestly shopping at FIL justifies the prices somewhat when you get the service. As much as I love Visvim the prices have gone to a point where I can't justify buying much at all when you mark up the proxy factor. I'd buy if I went to FIL but like I said, the service is absolutely top notch which makes buying there feasible. If they don't have what I want, too bad, I can live but it's rare that's the case and there are plenty of other retailers of Vis in TKO.

Absolutely right. I've gone through around 20 Uniqlo undershirts in the past couple of years, once they lose shape I either sleep in them or throw them away; always have another to replace it. Gonna pick up a few more chinos and do the same with them, once they're ripped or what ever, I can easily replace them without it burning my wallet. Couldn't imagine dropping $350 on a pair of Vis chinos - would be stupidly cautious wearing them. My footwear choice on the other hand is a little more expensive and I try to take care of my shoes but for basic gear Uniqlo is the way to go. From reports Uniqlo is opening up here in the next couple of years but I wouldn't hold my breath with local retailers who will be crying to the government.

Not a big fan of the Gap, bought a tee from there and it's served it's purpose but a bit too pricey for what it should be.

X: My bad, saw pics of TKO off your Twitter and presumed you were there. Would love to go in Sept / Oct but can't get a cheap price ticket. Send us a email sometime when you've got time to catch up, just graduated Uni and have a bit of time on my hands haha.

Holiday in Jan, able to crash at a mates place in Kyoto so will most likely be doing a week in TKO and then 2 or 3 down south.
August 3, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
Shiri

Where are you guys coppin Uniqlo from?

http://blog.careyciuro.com

August 3, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
Ledger

^^^^ Proxies / friends overseas / buy when on holiday etc.

Personally, I use Yom when I need something but usually hit up Japan annually so stock up then too. Walked out of the ginza uniqlo store with close to 30 pairs of socks last trip lol. They're a little too small for my large foot so after the 30th wear or so they rip and I throw them out.

Even with talk about uniqlo coming, I wouldn't expect it for some years and if they do, prices will be higher than US / JP since our gov will tax them to protect crappy local brands like cotton on etc.

Btw: nice blog / tumblr dude, been reading it for a while now.
August 3, 2011 @ 09:56 PM
Shiri

Sweet. I'm heading to Japan next month and can't wait to visit Uniqlo. Been wanting to cop some chinos and shirts from them for yonks. I doubt it's gonna put a foot into Australia in the current retail market. I don't even think Zara is going all to well.

Thanks dude! Can't wait to photograph overseas smile

August 3, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
xdrift

uniqlo is the greatest in the history of greatness

if youre heading there, just buy up like a boss, a couple of visits will have you stocked up for 1 or 2 years in aus across all seasons (i tend to plan trips around end of season to get sales and also stock up on following season) then come home, wear, and when required you fly back to get more.. its a healthy process..

work
dollars
???????
uniqlo
August 3, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
Ledger

You'll find heaps of Uniqlo stores around Tokyo but you'll prob want to hit up the Ginza flagship store since it's got the most proddy. There's also a Uniqlo outlet store called "Gu".

First trip to Japan? Which cities you hitting up or just Tokyo?

X: Visvim.tv is shipping to Australia now hahaha!! HK prices but still amazing.
August 4, 2011 @ 05:05 AM
Shiri

Yeh first trip to Japan, in fact first trip overseas since I was 14 so going solo. Scared as fuck but things will work out.

I'm staying in Osaka mostly. Only spending a week in Tokyo. Kyoto, Kobe and Hiroshima are also on the list.

Will def stocks up on some uniqlo swag as I'm not taking much and am going to be away for a few months. Going across to the USA after Japan.

August 4, 2011 @ 10:19 PM
Ledger

You'll get around fine even by yourself although I would suggest learning a few phrases and carrying a little pocket translation book. You'll find most people speak decent English in Tokyo and Osaka but not that many in smaller cities; can make things kinda difficult.

Tokyo really does have the better shopping but if you want to eat and drink well then Osaka is the place to do it; plus Kansai folk are much nicer than their capital counterparts. Also walk as much as you can, forget cabs but if you can walk a few blocks up than catching a train, do so and save the cash. Kyoto is spectacularly nice, much quieter but more old school Japan - very much liked it down there especially after a hectic week previously in Tokyo.
August 4, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
xdrift

Yeh first trip to Japan, in fact first trip overseas since I was 14 so going solo. Scared as fuck but things will work out.

I'm staying in Osaka mostly. Only spending a week in Tokyo. Kyoto, Kobe and Hiroshima are also on the list.

Will def stocks up on some uniqlo swag as I'm not taking much and am going to be away for a few months. Going across to the USA after Japan.

you will be fine shiri its easy, osaka i found was awesome, very melbourne, but not as easy for whitys as tokyo.. either way Gojira and that other guy are there and im sure you know a couple of other people..

having said that, great list, i havent been to kobe but the others will change your life.
August 4, 2011 @ 11:55 PM
xdrift

You'll find heaps of Uniqlo stores around Tokyo but you'll prob want to hit up the Ginza flagship store since it's got the most proddy. There's also a Uniqlo outlet store called "Gu".

First trip to Japan? Which cities you hitting up or just Tokyo?

X: Visvim.tv is shipping to Australia now hahaha!! HK prices but still amazing.

shipping to australia =)

a step in the right direction
August 6, 2011 @ 08:54 PM
Shiri

you will be fine shiri its easy, osaka i found was awesome, very melbourne, but not as easy for whitys as tokyo.. either way Gojira and that other guy are there and im sure you know a couple of other people..

having said that, great list, i havent been to kobe but the others will change your life.

Fuckin head asplode. Is this Mark?

I'm not in contact with any of that crew anymore. Have you got their deets? Would be trippy as fuck hanging out with them again.

August 8, 2011 @ 02:09 AM
xdrift

yes it is homie

Gojira - Laurence E Janus - hit him on facebook im sure he will remember you, possibly the greatest human being ever. as far as i know he is still in osaka also
August 12, 2011 @ 03:17 AM
Rhapsody

For those who might be interested..

Did a uniqlo order last week and just received it(via mate in japan). They have improved their new season t000(skinny) denim, only the material(japanese material supposedly) but fit is still not as good as a few years back. New season oxfords have a roomier fit, its nice but the material is horrid almost see through. Got a premium cotton button up, nice soft material, great for spring. All up cost me $180 with shipping(~$60) for 2 jeans, 2 button ups plus some underwear and socks.
August 17, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
Ledger

Nice Rhaps, gonna get my mate to grab me a pair or two of the denim when he comes to stay with me later this month. $180 isn't too bad, beats local prices for sure. Went into Carhartt the other day and was shocked with some of their pricing; love their gear but refuse to buy it when it's not on sale. Still trying to find a new jacket I like but am struggling with options here, either shit is over priced or looks terrible.

Speaking of sales, anyone else going to the Someday sale ? Prob will end up going over the weekend but am expecting it to be fairly average like recent years.
August 17, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
Rhapsody

Damn!! Just checked their web site, norse project caps sold out and all good white mountaineering stuff too sad

What are the discounts like?
August 17, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
Ledger

Sale wasn't actually that bad, grabbed myself a Supreme Youth Crew top for half price ($120) & an Original Fake Mouse Pad for $30 too. Store is mad small and they let in 25 people, wayyyy too crowded. Will prob head back tomorrow for a better look.
September 1, 2011 @ 08:46 PM
hplyavrg

For anyone in Brisbane who is not yet aware, Laced just near King George Square has good shit.
September 6, 2011 @ 01:13 PM
Rhapsody

Anybody know when the new season of supreme will arrive at the aussie stockists?
September 12, 2011 @ 02:07 AM
Ledger

Guessing within 2 weeks or so.

Will be interesting to see prices considering the strong AUD against the USD but might just mean nothing for us and more profits for Someday + Supply.

25 degrees this weekend smile
September 12, 2011 @ 07:02 AM
ELKO.

Didn't even notice this thread.
Just went to Supply last week to get some OF merch, any good stores like Supply that aren't so heavy on prices?
Has anyone had a change to pop into Sneakerology or Espionage? The stuff there worth the price?
September 12, 2011 @ 09:39 AM
Rhapsody

Espionage have some decent sneakers. I think they have a new store on george st now, near world square.

Ledger please keep me/us posted if you hear about the supreme drop, I think its often the same days the two stores release items. I just want a portishead tee.
September 16, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
Ledger

Supreme drops at Someday next Saturday mate.

Got most of my stuff I wanted via proxy but will prob still go and pick up a few more pieces, wet weather parka looks a winner but never owned a fishtail parka before and need to try that shit on.

If there's something you need Rhaps drop me a PM.
September 16, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
CoreyKam

Is Someday in Australia?

someday-store.com
September 16, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
ELKO.

^ Yeah, Melbourne.
September 21, 2011 @ 05:10 AM
b-r-ate

where can i get a nikesb shirt in brisbane? thanks.

ja sam tu zbog para.

September 25, 2011 @ 09:56 AM
dunkskater88

Supreme drops at Supply this Saturday.. Anybody heading over to cop some stuff?
September 25, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
ELKO.

I'm probably going to head over if I don't have work that day.
Apparently they've had the Preme stock in for at least a week but just waiting for a buzz to build.
Do you know what pieces they're likely to stock?
September 26, 2011 @ 04:35 AM
Rhapsody

Damn I cant make it, working! Nothing I want that I cant get thru re-sellers for cheaper anyways.

They usually have everything that has been released in the usa up to date, sometimes a few extra. Eg. box logo hoodies last year were released in Aus before US, maybe we are aligned with the Japanese stock.. Holy shi- that means safari camps lol!!!

Dont know why they are building buzz, good stuff sells out fast enough.

Please login first to reply.