Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 12, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
Ledger

I went there to check it out, was there an hour after the store opened, no one came in. The hoody was 290 also but fuck it just looks like some Disney gear I had when I was 6. Hanes 3 pack was 90 bucks LOL! Cannot believe anyone would buy that shit.

Weird though, I rarely ever see people wearing "streetwear" in Melbourne apart from if something drops / sale / release party. Every other guy wears jeans that are too tight, tees that a too small and their ass is hanging out and some dilapidated wannabe Vans. There are a few of the fobs at uni who wear Clot, Fragment and those stupid looking Fenom jeans with crystals and shit on em.
October 13, 2009 @ 01:07 AM
rickqlo

Yeah I also prefer buying sneakers overseas, most of my shoes have been purchased via online coz its cheaper but I rather like trying stuff on before a purchase.

Support the locals dude. Id rather pay an extra 20 bux or whatever and just buy it from Provider.

edit- does anyone know any places that sell redwing boots, the official stockist is in Richmond i think but its much too expensive (talking $400 for a pair of 875s).
October 13, 2009 @ 02:01 AM
Ledger

eBay seriously man, Redwings are super pricey here. Try them on coz sizes vary and then find them on eBay.
October 13, 2009 @ 05:00 AM
Rhapsody

Support the locals dude. Id rather pay an extra 20 bux or whatever and just buy it from Provider

This is true and I do buy some gear from supply but I cant rely on them. I am not sure how our support for these stores are going to help them expand but hopefully they plan on getting more brands in. I get supreme via their webstore since I have family in the states, save alot on it this way and actually get the stuff I want. When I do buy sneakers I get them from espionage but I get raped like hell there, once again I want to come down to melbourne and check out provider. The stussy store here was great, plenty of stock and a big store but yeah no one ever shopped there so I can understand why it closed down. Halfsleeve is a decent store for 10deep and imperial denim.

Some of my friends wear lrg n hundreds and it can be bought easy in sydney, a few stockists around.
October 13, 2009 @ 05:26 AM
Ledger

Not trying to be a dick but a certain local store supported their friends with proddy to resell which made stock here even harder to get for people that really wanted it. It was a dick move and for that reason i'm not gonna support them. Don't care if their friends give them extra $$$ for reselling, it's a bullshit move and shouldn't happen.

With that said though, there are some really good customer service based local stores that I am willing to support even if prices are higher but some stores live off their reputation and think people will buy from them no matter what.
October 13, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
Rhapsody

Not trying to be a dick but a certain local store supported their friends with proddy to resell which made stock here even harder to get for people that really wanted it.

Damn! for real? I dont understand the point of that. It would be only a small number of people who would be willing to pay 250+ for a mickey tee and that would be just sad.
October 14, 2009 @ 01:49 AM
Ledger

It was a sneaker release, a very popular sneaker release - not the Mickey tee although I have heard Someday sell everything to their friends and VIPs before anyone else gets it; dunno how true it is but wouldn't surprise me.

It's not a difficult equation - be nice and serve the local consumer at the same time as everyone else and you'll be rewarded.
October 14, 2009 @ 04:45 AM
Joe_

yeh for the stores that look after their customers and are always friendly and chilled im happy to pay extra but for those others mmmmmmmmmmm fuck them
October 14, 2009 @ 05:56 AM
Argh.T

Hmm any other cool stores besides someday,heist,evolve and provider?
October 14, 2009 @ 06:36 AM
Ledger

^^^ Depends on what you like.

Only other places I don't mind :

[*]Chiodo: Commes des Garcon Play is cool but mad pricey.
[*]Dakota 501: Some decent denim
[*]That Store: see above.

There isn't much else apart from Stussy, General Pants etc.
October 15, 2009 @ 08:40 AM
1nce.

There's also Prime and Donuts Deluxe.
October 16, 2009 @ 01:24 AM
Replicant

Personally don't buy sneakers locally anymore, shits just far to pricey and now the AUD is strong there's no point unless you want something that badly. Atleast Someday prices aren't that crazy - when you factor in currency, shipping and proxy fees, they're quite good but still SMH @ Mickey tees being 190 bucks.

QFT

Copping Vault/Syndicate vans for cheaper than Hype's stock Vans is so win.

October 16, 2009 @ 04:12 AM
Ledger

Donuts Deluxe.

Shame that place is located in some side alley where you're likely for find a junkie or two - idiotic store location.

Any other Melbournians think this weather is fucked?! Was warm last weekend, then shit cold the past couple of days and now Tuesday is suppose to be 27! suprised
October 16, 2009 @ 05:52 AM
Argh.T

Word man. The other week or so it hailed twice in one day and for a period of half an hour there was blue skies.
shit's crazy =\
October 17, 2009 @ 03:18 AM
kuli

mate
its 36.5 degrees here in perth today!!
would love to smash the beach but got exams coming up sad
October 18, 2009 @ 04:40 AM
Argh.T

Anyone know stores in melb where i can get clarks desert boots?
October 18, 2009 @ 04:51 AM
Ledger

Apparently discontinued here, I was on the look for them a few months ago just before winter started with no luck. Something to do with them not being popular enough or some shit, haven't been for sale here since early 07.
October 18, 2009 @ 07:04 AM
Joe_

you can get them pretty cheap and a good range of colours on american ebay
October 27, 2009 @ 01:10 AM
Ledger

Hmmm.....so Provider is apparently closing down / been bought out?!
October 29, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
Rhapsody

Nike dunk high SB premium gucci, its kind of a re-release early next month. Anyone like them or planing to get them from an aussie source?
October 29, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
Replicant

They're kinda meeeh for dunks.

That and I can't look at that Gucci colourway without thinking of lebs in Ed Hardy and white leather shoes.

October 30, 2009 @ 12:24 AM
Ledger

Hahah co-sign. Shit just screams out poor taste, would have been all over them 3 years ago but nowadays i'm cool with just Vans and my Busenitz. Might just get a pair of those Janoski's for summer.

Anyone else fucked with exams atm? Have all 4 in a 7 day period. Had 2 this week and have my final 2, both on Monday sad
October 30, 2009 @ 08:40 PM
Rhapsody

I havent found myself beasting over an sb release in years and the colorway is a matter of personal taste. Will try to buy locally, its only a qs release but I think I will end up kopping overseas once again.

Edit:
That and I can't look at that Gucci colourway without thinking of lebs in Ed Hardy and white leather shoes.

Lol I am of Lebanese background and so is Nick Thershay coincidentally.
October 30, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
shecky_shabazz

Hahah co-sign. Shit just screams out poor taste, would have been all over them 3 years ago but nowadays i'm cool with just Vans and my Busenitz. Might just get a pair of those Janoski's for summer.

Anyone else fucked with exams atm? Have all 4 in a 7 day period. Had 2 this week and have my final 2, both on Monday sad

Damn that shit sucks, i finish on the 13th.
Pretty happy people said they struggled on english, thought i smashed that
October 30, 2009 @ 11:13 PM
Ledger

Oh I was talking about Uni exams but watever. English was easy for me in VCE, those study guide book were so worth $15 - got 38 study score and didn't read the prescribed text.
November 8, 2009 @ 05:08 AM
rickqlo

Dope upcoming Melbourne-based rapper Bangs from Sudan.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0&feature=player_embedded
November 8, 2009 @ 05:58 AM
Joe_

hahahahahah i saw him on sf

apparently he opened for snob scrilla ?
November 8, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
yung_hustla

i got some The Hundreds 09fall outwear in S,M,L
most are M size
85 AU$ for one
i'm in Melbourne..do meet up in city
PM me for pics
November 11, 2009 @ 05:57 AM
rickqlo

Sorry for taking the thread off topic with that Bangs video smile

Anywhere in Melb I can pick up the Supreme book? Is Someday doing it? I know of kinokuniya in Sydney but its kinda a hassle to get someone to pick it up for me there.

Hows everyones exams going?

How dope is this weather in Melbourne?
November 11, 2009 @ 06:30 AM
shecky_shabazz

melb weather has been so dope (i know) but defs not exam cram weather...
everyones already finished vce exams out partying while i have to study for my last on fridaysad
but definite pub crawls next week

sorry no info on the books rick

Please login first to reply.