Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 23, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
brizzle

Huge update. Too lazy to list all the changes. Most importantly, the list of TW brands has been expanded and the map has been changed.

Bamboo in Ximending is now IDENTITY.

I guess the thread is pretty comprehensive again. Anybody want anything added/changed, let me know.
August 24, 2008 @ 05:09 PM
Koozie

Oh shit, Identity is Bamboo?

Haha, yeah, that stores pretty nice. The workers are pretty chill.

I'm back in California now, I'll probably be back next summer.
August 28, 2008 @ 01:57 AM
coreresources

anti air raid maneuvers!
seriously .. if china brings the pain .. is being indoors gonna help?
September 12, 2008 @ 01:18 AM
folocity

anti air raid maneuvers!
seriously .. if china brings the pain .. is being indoors gonna help?

being indoors will definitely help a wee bit.
but its best to go to the nearest underground bomb shelter.

hey bro, you're currently staying in xmd?
dang, another 2.5 more wks and i'll be hitting taipei.
gotta get to phantaci and jay's restaurant Mr J for some delicious food cool
can anyone tell me whether Unity (aka subcrew at XMD), still stocks those caps with a S logo on it? its the 2008 summer edition.
September 12, 2008 @ 03:39 AM
LostOneTR

being indoors will definitely help a wee bit.
but its best to go to the nearest underground bomb shelter.

hey bro, you're currently staying in xmd?
dang, another 2.5 more wks and i'll be hitting taipei.
gotta get to phantaci and jay's restaurant Mr J for some delicious food cool
can anyone tell me whether Unity (aka subcrew at XMD), still stocks those caps with a S logo on it? its the 2008 summer edition.

A relative just brought me a phantaci t-shirt. The stitching seems kinda bad on the tag. Don't have a great pic to demonstrate it though, just some I took when I first got it. Aside from that, I like the shirt a lot.

September 14, 2008 @ 09:50 AM
coreresources

before the typhoon came i went to unity and saw they still have some meshcap .. but i dont recall the design they have on it
if the weather fixes up a bit i will go back and check for u
September 14, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
folocity

before the typhoon came i went to unity and saw they still have some meshcap .. but i dont recall the design they have on it
if the weather fixes up a bit i will go back and check for u

thanks a million bro
i knew abt the typhoon too, it hits taichung pretty badly.
is october counted as autumn?
wanna get that stage power ranger look-alike hoodie, it looks so swell &)
September 18, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
folocity

Pretty expensive Halloween costume...

yeah dude, but its pretty hype in singapore, there's stage in singapore, but those power ranger hoodies got swiped off the shelf in just less than a week.
so i wanna try my luck in taiwan &)

gd idea man, shall wear that hoodie during halloween
October 13, 2008 @ 01:24 AM
folocity

found apery and stage.
gd prices man, its even cheaper than what my local streetwear hangouts are selling.
got headporter zip shoulder bag from apery, really really great price, and stage smells really sweet, lol (even the babe tending the shop is sweet) bought a couple of tees and cap from there.
October 24, 2008 @ 09:34 AM
brizzle

meet-up, anybody?
November 12, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
chicksinkicks

meet-up, anybody?

Sure a meet up in Taipei sounds great, PM or contact via site in sig.
November 27, 2008 @ 04:57 AM
coreresources

still happening?
November 29, 2008 @ 06:55 AM
LostOneTR

any of you do pickups?
November 29, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
LostOneTR

I'll throw you a PM after I look around the net a bit more. Mostly just after some T's / a snap back / a beanie / possibly denim (since I have trouble finding some brands in the US. not sure how Taiwan is priced for em)
Had some hope I'd be able to travel to Taiwan soon, but pretty sure it ain't gonna happen now.
November 30, 2008 @ 09:14 AM
brizzle

updated the ximending section.

any more people for a meet-up?

andrew, get your apps sent off, will ya... haha.
November 30, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
chin_chilla

Hey Brizzle or whoever, I was wondering if you can help me out...

I'm going to be in Taiwan from Jan. 13 - Feb. 6. What is the weather going to be like during that time? I asked around and people's answers varried from "just bring a light jacket" to "bring full blown winter wear".

I'll be staying w/ my gf who teaches english at one of the many schools there, so I'm going to have alot of free time during the day by myself when she can't take off work. I definitly plan visiting some of the shops listed in this thread but my only worry is that I don't speak a word of mandarin or canto (my gf does), will I get lost without her?

FYI, I'm going to be frequenting this thread more often...I have some more inquerries but i'll save that for later...appreciate the help.
December 1, 2008 @ 07:43 PM
chin_chilla

Thx fang, btw did you get all your Vis that your selling in Taiwan?

10 degrees?! Yeesh, I'm from Guam and we don't do cold here (nothing but sun year round) but I guess I'll bear it. razz

What are everyone's favorite places to eat at? I'm not too picky when it comes to food and I don't care if it's an upscale restaurant or a street vendor, I just want to eat something different from what we have here. Any suggestions?
December 3, 2008 @ 12:06 AM
LostOneTR

The food will be very interesting if you hit up the night markets. I'm picky at times, so if I have someone available to take me around the area, I try to hit up different places for the food their known for. Oh ah jian / gua bao are pretty much two of the things I must get if I visit. But even the fast food seems interesting there =/, so many different items from what's offered in the US.

on another note, fang- I sent you a PM asking bout some stuff.
December 25, 2008 @ 07:30 AM
brizzle

merry xmas.

meet-up is gonna happen... say first week-end of the new year?
January 3, 2009 @ 12:32 AM
brizzle

seems like no one's here... some other time then.

happy new year.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
coreresources

just back from hongkong
meet up no go? .. no tw ppl yea
January 19, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
chin_chilla

OKay I'm here in Taipei now. I tried hitting up Zhongxiao Dunhua and I only found a couple of stores found on the map on the first page of the thread. Places I wanted to check out were Trinity, Undercover, and CLS but I could not find it. Did they move locations or change store names? Ximen was cool found a couple of spots selling some stuff I like in the Shinjuku Plaza. Where do you find the "Tokyo" store in Ximen?

The night markets are the shit here. Sooo many delicious and CHEAP food! Most of my money is going to that. Pretty good deals on clothes too but dont want to buy anything w/ brand names since its most likely fake.

Other than that I checked out, Danshui w/ my girly. Pretty romantic place w/ the boardwalk and all. I also went to Taroko Gorge and the scenery their is breathtaking. Definite change of pace from the city.

I love this country so far &). I'm here for the remainder of the week till Sunday then I leave for the Phillipines but I'll be back next Saturday. If you guys are having a meet up drop a line in the thread.
January 21, 2009 @ 07:05 AM
brizzle

2 more very good stores added to the list:

- Support in Ximending - perhaps the best spot in Taipei for rare and hyped items (clothes and shoes).

- And a shout out to Brandon of Greedy Genius at Greyone Arsenal, bringing US heat to Taiwan.

Edit: Tokyo (I think that's what it's called) is in Shinjuku Plaza.
January 21, 2009 @ 08:47 PM
chin_chilla

^Where those two stores you mentioned in Ximen?

Hmmm, come to think of it maybe I did see Tokyo in Shinjuku. They sell alot of Comme Des Garcons right?

Lastly, I gotta say this...the girls here are real cuties. Definite head turners.

lolwhat @ stinky tofu haha. If Im brave enough I might try it before I leave.
January 24, 2009 @ 08:15 AM
brizzle

when you walk from ximen station along zhong hua rd. towards taipei main station, you pass by kaifong st. on your left-hand side, which you would take if you were to go to apery. don't turn but keep walking straight for another minute; support is on the left, a little off from the main shopping area.

they have a lot of clot. visvim and w)taps too. some rare shoes. they also have all fenom crushes that have been released so far. hands off crush 1, though - it's mine. in fact, if everybody who reads this were to tell the owners they have been referred to the store by that blonde guy, they might sell it to me for less than 75k... anything more than 60k is rape, i think.

greyone arsenal is in the same place where the old bape used to be.
February 13, 2009 @ 03:00 AM
TheShadowLord

hey taipei hb members! i'm going to be in taipei in 3 days for 3 months. someone please show me around! i'll pay for lunch! smile
February 22, 2009 @ 06:52 AM
chin_chilla

^Man I tried looking for support in ximen two times and got lost on both occasions. I'm back on guam now and really missing Taiwan. To the members that live there, you guys really have an amazing country. Hope to go back soon, my girlfriends even trying to convince me to teach English there.
February 25, 2009 @ 09:35 AM
TheShadowLord

Is CLS (and maybe Undercover, although it's also a noodle shop lol and maybe the store on its left that sells Porter) pretty much the only store worth checking out in Taipei if i'm only into more sophisticated streetwear brands? I found pretty much every shop on the map of ZhongXiao Dunhua, but CLS isn't on the map (although i did find a few that weren't on the map ex. Invincible, Greyone, etc. because they are all next to one another). helps?
February 27, 2009 @ 08:23 AM
chin_chilla

^I had the same problem as you when I first looked around Dunhua. I couldn't find CLS or Trinity either (maybe they changed locationsconfused. Anyway, you should check out UnderxPeace (don't confuse it with Undercover). Dont know what brands you are looking for but when I was there a couple of weeks ago they had some BAPE, BBC, Vis, NHBD and a grip of other things. It should be located in the same area as Co-Oper and is right next to a store called Axis.

Another store that I found in Dunhua that's located in an area off the map that was posted here is JP Show. Quick run down of brands they carry were Wtaps, BAPE, Supreme, NHBD, Bounty Hunter, Original Fake, Fenom, and I saw a couple of Vis shoes too. It's located right across from this bomb ass restaurant called Yumas (one of the few places that sell Mexican-ish food in Taiwan lol). To get to the area you have to take Exit 3 from the MRT station, I think? All I know is that it's the exit across the street from where you usually pop up w/ California Fitness on top. To make things easier here is the address for Yuma's: Alley 11, Lane 216, ZhongXiao E Rd, Section 4.

Lastly, you should check out the stores in Ximen namely XSPC (sells Supreme, CLOT, Original Fake, BAPE, and Vis) and Tokyo (sells almost the same thing as XSPC) found in Shinjuku plaza. There's also a place in there that sells Comme De Garcons but I don't know what it's called. Oh and good luck finding Support somewhere in Ximen while you're there too lol.
March 10, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
Koozie

Might be back in Taipei this summer again.

What's new?

Please login first to reply.