FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
June 24, 2008 @ 08:06 AM
brizzle

thanks for the contribution. you're right about stussy... it's all over the place - real and fake. i'm not often in the gong guan area. so thanks for the info. same goes for ximen.

oh, and don't get me started on wu fen pu...
June 26, 2008 @ 06:35 AM
brizzle

June 26, 2008 @ 06:53 AM
Nervex

shidin good post, i def will plan to hit up ximen and zhong xiao in the next week..ben so busy teaching english for my older bro school that i have had like no time other then hittin up some clubs

and hey if anyone is down for meetups hit me a pm and i will see whats up

for clubs that i been to right now i got to say Primo and 18 are the most poppin..they love the foreigners haha
June 26, 2008 @ 04:54 PM
brizzle

shidin good post, i def will plan to hit up ximen and zhong xiao in the next week..ben so busy teaching english for my older bro school that i have had like no time other then hittin up some clubs

and hey if anyone is down for meetups hit me a pm and i will see whats up

for clubs that i been to right now i got to say Primo and 18 are the most poppin..they love the foreigners haha

look no further. those two are the best ones. although primo is actually new and i haven't yet been there myself. other than that, plush and mint are worth checking out. for drinks, barcode is the place to hit up, and in house is a personal favorite of mine.

that's the best of taipei nightlife in nutshell for you.
June 28, 2008 @ 11:10 AM
coreresources

Roxy 99~!!
July 1, 2008 @ 09:47 AM
shindinobot

clubs and whatnot
Clubs:primo is owned by the same guy behind luxy, just more formal in clothing attire (nicer shoes and a collar shirt), still has that cover charge to get in though. Everyone that used to go to Luxy has moved to Primo. Room18/18 Lover is still the place with the biggest crowd overall. I usually frequent the brass monkey for a sporting event, or the german bar across the street by the Nan Jing East Road MRT Station for a few brews(Eurocup 08 what a dissappointing finally).

Drinks:7-11 started importing hoegarden (light white belgium brew) for 76NT. For some reason Family Mart is the only location with Asahi dark and asahi prime time. Note: this doesn't go for all locations

Style:Went to CLS today, visvim stock is pretty low. a few shirts and shoes.
Bathing Ape had two pairs of Tatami sandals left, just the ones on display (a black and a white 6,000NT+ a piece) and the normal leftover shirts.
X-large has an in store only Reaper T and some FUCT new releases as well]
July 4, 2008 @ 03:37 PM
Nervex

look no further. those two are the best ones. although primo is actually new and i haven't yet been there myself. other than that, plush and mint are worth checking out. for drinks, barcode is the place to hit up, and in house is a personal favorite of mine.

that's the best of taipei nightlife in nutshell for you.

lol after going through seriously primo and 18 are the best in the area.. im sad to say i went with my little brother to baby 18 and it was horrible. I def hit up barcode and a few other spots so if any of you feel like drinkin with some foreigners im down haha
July 9, 2008 @ 06:31 PM
dopke

As for the Zhong Xiao Area, X-large, Leftfoot, Under-cover, Under-peace, Bape and everything else on the map are nice spots to hit up. But be ready to shell out the dough. X-large has friend's and family sales, but got to be there at the right time to get the good stuff. (btw X-large just opened a shop in Taichung had a logo shirt with the taiwan flag in the background.)

Does anyone know if X-large in Taichung still carrying that shirt with the taiwan flag you mentioned? I'd really want to get one and I have a friend in Taichung right now. Also, how do the X-large sizes go? I have L in Stussy and Revelator shirts...

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

July 17, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
folocity

are apery and stage the same shop, or are they two individual shops?
sorry dudes, noobie here.
i can't wait to hit taipei during year end!
July 26, 2008 @ 02:23 AM
Koozie

Hey guys.

I'll be in Taiwan on Sunday, won't be my first time as I'm Taiwanese. smile

I usually go to Ximending, it's really easy for me, I just take the subway there.

I've been reading some of your guys' problems with Herr. Kinda strange, I've never had a problem with them, but that just might be because I bought shoes in there store.

I see these other stores in Ximending that I've never heard of, Apery, Bamboo. Can someone explain where these stores are? I usually come out of the subway exit near the McDonalds.

By the way, any of you guys eat at that Japanese restaurant? It's got two restaurants, the place is BOMB.
July 26, 2008 @ 10:34 AM
coreresources

hah i live in xi men
i know those 2 jap places.. damn tasty u right
the exit u talk abt is exit #6 of mrt
July 26, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
Koozie

Haha yeah, everytime I go there I always get the Omelet Rice. :D

Do you think you can help me with the general direction of the stores?
July 26, 2008 @ 11:27 PM
Koozie

I was wondering, where is Bamboo?
July 28, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
Koozie

Sup guys, just arrived here in Taipei. I'm staying near Nanmen Market if you know where that is, near the CKS Memorial Hall.

I heard there's been a typhoon goin on, has it been bad?
July 28, 2008 @ 08:13 PM
dopke

Sup guys, just arrived here in Taipei. I'm staying near Nanmen Market if you know where that is, near the CKS Memorial Hall.

I heard there's been a typhoon goin on, has it been bad?

Haha, you'd probably notice it if it was still around. I think it just passed Taiwan within the last 24 hours for you guys...

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

July 28, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
Koozie

Yeah it's just been some light rain. Just ate breakfast.

Shit was bomb, even if it was just a croissant. &)
July 28, 2008 @ 10:09 PM
stageshow228

im in taipei this week and i was wondering where herr, jp show, and stage

anyone got a map of it
July 28, 2008 @ 11:06 PM
stageshow228

o chill out man havent been in taiwan in like 5 years

all i did was looked in the 1st post and it says they have sb's so i just wanted to check it out see wat they got

do u mind explaining why their so hated
July 28, 2008 @ 11:41 PM
Koozie

There's been people that have had bad business with them.

But personally, it's been smooth for me.

By the way, where's the store Bamboo at?
July 29, 2008 @ 12:33 AM
stageshow228

do u mind telling me wat store is it near by ximending
July 29, 2008 @ 12:41 AM
Koozie

I think it's on the movie street, should be in front of Millionaire Boys if you know where that is.
July 29, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
stageshow228

o i see ill just go ask around

is herr their actual name or is there a chinese name
July 29, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
Koozie

Herr is the name, well it says on its sign.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's on Wu Chang Road.
July 29, 2008 @ 10:26 AM
coreresources

the typhoon was great
not really bad weather .. but work still got cancelled

i live so close to xi men .. u can just walk around in alleys and find some good stuff .. just need patience.. i think they alley where remix is found isnt horrible .. or u can go over to where kingshop, beetle bespoke, unity is ..

if someone try to explain how to get to places in xi men .. i think its hard to follow
July 29, 2008 @ 06:02 PM
Koozie

Is Beetle in the building thats like a mall that has like 8 stories? With the top floor being an arcade?
July 29, 2008 @ 06:13 PM
brizzle

alright, kids. 3 very good (by the looks of them) online sellers:

- alumnium (Dior Homme, Hysteric Glamour, Undercover, ...)
- mashimaro132132 (Dior Homme, Mastermind Japan, Number Nine, ...)
- whimp x whimp (Neighborhood, Visvim, W)Taps, ...)

Fuck Herr, if you guys go, you guys are dumbass motherfuckers.

legendary. take it easy on the youngins, though. they will find out for themselves. we've all got to pay our dues...

p.s. bamboo is on wuchang, same as herr.
July 29, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
Koozie

Alright, sweet. Thanks for the info. I should have checked this sooner, I missed out so many things.

Last year, I went looking for Bape at it's old location, never found it since it had moved, but I ran into Leftfoot. And I never took the liberty to look around. Damn shame.
July 29, 2008 @ 10:42 PM
dopke

I know you can find some hard to find SB's in Taiwan, but aren't most of them insanely over priced, even compared to finding them in the U.S.?

July 29, 2008 @ 10:55 PM
stageshow228

i thought they would be cheaper sence there isnt as much people that buy those shoes compare to the us
July 29, 2008 @ 11:47 PM
Koozie

That's where haggling comes in. Lol.

Please login first to reply.