Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 17, 2007 @ 08:43 PM
BbSix

" (Beetle Bespoke: Kicks + Kiks Tyo in Ximending (Fashion Mall, I think it's called)"

Just stumbled across this place on my last visit to Taiwan, Definitly a spot I hit up evertyime im here. There are actually two locations one on the 3rd floor in the mall and the other is right down the street by a Mcdonalds (ask one of the employee's for directions) They carry pretty much most sb's, air max 90's, 1's, and air forces. Same goes with the other store they carry a lot of heat at pretty unhyped prices. I got a pair of slam cities there for 200$. Also dont forget to sign up for their VIP program to get another10% off and ask for a recipet to get a tax deduction at the airport on your way out of taiwan.
September 19, 2007 @ 03:35 PM
dopke

Does anyone know of any online stores from Taiwan that will ship overseas to US? I'm mainly looking to pick up some Taiwan brands like Remix and Revelator. I'm back in the US now so yeah. But after wearing this Remix shirt I bought, I'm impressed by the quality of the T-shirt. Or if anyone is willing to do a pickup for me if you are coming back to the US. I'm in Washington state so yeah.

BTW, if anyone heads south to Taichung, or more specifically Fengyuan I can tell you were a few shops are in Fengyuan. (I'm from Fengyuan).

Also, I just remembered. There is a Nike Outlet near the MRT station "Dapinglin" on the green line. It's actually not THAT near- it's probably 3-4 large blocks away. You could probably go there and ask where the Nike Outlet is.

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

September 20, 2007 @ 08:08 AM
BbSix

Just a heads up all the nike stores are doing 10% off and you get another 10% off if you spend over $100 U.S i believe. I just picked up some retro 3s in white for around 95$U.S cool
September 21, 2007 @ 02:39 PM
BbSix

clothing was 20% i believe
September 23, 2007 @ 11:42 AM
brizzle

BbSix: thanks for the additional info on Beetle Bespoke and for telling us about that Nike offer.

dopke: appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't help you with stores that do international shipping. If you know of a place that stocks something you like, I suggest getting in touch with them directly (find out their phone number, for example), and take it from there.

Savag3: it's at the far left end of the alley next to Sense Organ and Magnetic.

Everybody: since y'all have chosen to ignore my previous suggestion for a meet-up time, here it goes again: I'll leave in a week. Last chance is tomorrow, Monday, September 24. As it just so happens, the Fragment x Converse sneaker will release then (Leftfoot will be getting both the Highs and the Lows, 40 pairs altogether; there will be a raffle - up to 150 tickets will be given out at 7 PM, the draw will be at 8 PM). I will be in the area pretty much all day, I guess. Gonna check it out around noon, and will be in line once people start to queue up. Feel free to holla, if you see me. I'm probably going to be the only white guy there, but don't worry, I don't bite...
September 27, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
muddy2big

most of the yahoo TW sellers don't accept international buyers, isn't it?
September 28, 2007 @ 12:11 AM
dopke

Yeah, most of them don't.

I'll just keep my request out there if anyone is kind enough. Especially if you are from Washington. Looking to pick up a couple or just one remix shirt, let me know!

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

October 7, 2007 @ 09:36 AM
hongkongsandy

Haven't been on in a while + been out of taiwan for a while anyway, sorry i missed the meet up. Might be down for a beer or something. I saw James Lavelle is djing in taipei next month - anyone likely to be going?

The levis store near me has the devilrobot be@rbrick gear at the moment.
tw.f5.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e21538153?u=kiwi12345678900
didn't really like the jeans but i'm getting a shirt, they had to get XL from another store so theres still some around. I think this one is a taiwan exclusive (? ).

Found another store locator guide, in chinese & it doesn't really give anything thats not already covered in the thread but might help you find something you are looking for as the map is quite good
www.kenlu.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14988&page=3

btw i want to hit up tuan tuan. I have the address, but wondering is it easy to find?
October 8, 2007 @ 02:37 AM
muddy2big

Found another store locator guide, in chinese & it doesn't really give anything thats not already covered in the thread but might help you find something you are looking for as the map is quite good

btw i want to hit up tuan tuan. I have the address, but wondering is it easy to find?

thanks for the info, that's very helpful.
October 9, 2007 @ 06:42 AM
hongkongsandy

^ something like that. I think Kenlu is taiwan based (? ) it covers streetwear in general. 99% Chinese language though.

You can usually get shop addresses in chinese there which can be handy. Thats about as far as my chinese ability goes but i sometimes look at the pics smile

Regarding the meetup we missed a trick didn't we....i was flicking through some chinese language street mag in the hardressers the other week and it mentioned there was an official Bape party in Taipei. Magazine was like a month out of date so useless now. Anyone go out of interest?
October 17, 2007 @ 03:46 PM
sneaker_ivan

FUCK WHY TW HV LEVIS crossover shit like CLOT and devilrobot
and HK only hv JUICE get them....
October 18, 2007 @ 08:24 AM
muddy2big

what you talking abt?
October 18, 2007 @ 11:12 AM
hongkongsandy

these i guess
www.slamxhype.com/2007/10/18/devilock-x-clot-x-levis-501
taiwan might get a few pairs, my local levis store (chung-li) got the union rails but they sold out fast.

devilock/levis 2nd release also on the way, taiwan only i think.
www.slamxhype.com/2007/10/15/levis-x-devilrobots
i hope my t-shirt is finally in when i get home on saturday ;)
November 4, 2007 @ 04:34 PM
brizzle

sorry i haven't had the opportunity to post here in a while. don't have anything new for you, as i'm not in tw at the moment. will update eventually, though, with the info other people have provided (already added a warning about 'herr').

savag3: dude at sense organ said the magnetic people might open their store for business again soon, around december maybe.

hongkongsandy: tuantuan is very easy to find, it's right in front of you as you enter eslite in xinyi. where in the uk are you, by the way?
November 5, 2007 @ 08:24 AM
brizzle

Good stuff man. Where are you as of now?

bristol, uk. will finish in summer of 08, though.
November 10, 2007 @ 10:21 AM
CaliStyle

where are all these stores in zhong xiao??? is it easy to find
because i dont see em on the map posted on first page?

-Co Oper (Atmos, Fingercroxx, Zoo York, ...)
- Magnetic (Greedy Genius?, Silly Things, Visvim, ...)
- Phantac (Head Porter, Nike, Nike SB, ...)
- Porter International (Porter International)
- Scenic (Scenic)
- Summit (Flying Coffin, Futura Laboratories, The Hundreds, ...)
- Undercover (Undercover)
- Under x Peace (BAPE, Neighborhood, Supreme, ...)

I Have the same question i dont see magnetic, phantac, porter international, scenic or underxpeace on the map either?

brizzle (or anyone else) is there anyway we could get an updated version of this map with more stores listed?

also could we get one for ximending too...ximen area is like a maze i couldnt find this apery store.
November 10, 2007 @ 10:23 AM
CaliStyle

also what does the area shaded in red on the map mean?

-edit- ahh i have more questions ...

freshnessmag.com/v4/2006/07/25/freshness-feature-undercover-taipei/

on this page it says that Undercover is in the trendy area of "Da-An" although from the pictures
it looks like theres nothing else surrounding this area....

.is this "Da-an" area a good place for shopping? it seems like
the stores are so spread out from each other ?
November 10, 2007 @ 11:03 AM
dopke

Someone should mark-up this map for the Ximending area...
home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/ebig.asp?SID=086

As far as Da-an area, that is the same area as mentioned on first page as Zhongxiao Dunhwa. So yes, theres a lot more shopping there. Pretty much you'll run into some kind of store walking in those streets behing the station every other lane.

and here's Dunhwa if anyone feels like remarking that up. Sorry I can't do it, but I've only been there once, so I hardly remember where all the stores are. I had trouble finding all of them anyways. I just walked up and down the streets and probably found 75-80% of them.
home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/Lmap.asp?SID=091

November 11, 2007 @ 08:59 AM
CaliStyle

Hey guys are u allowed to bargain in stores in Ximending or Zhongxiao Dunhua area???

i know in China you can slash prices drastically (like if they open a price of 1,000 u can probably get the item for 250)

how about in taipei
November 11, 2007 @ 06:10 PM
dopke

Hey guys are u allowed to bargain in stores in Ximending or Zhongxiao Dunhua area???

i know in China you can slash prices drastically (like if they open a price of 1,000 u can probably get the item for 250)

how about in taipei

In short, yes.

But, it can be harder to bargain for these types of brands. 20%-25% off is a good starting place to go from. Also, one of the store owners I Talked to said that for the Taiwan brands (Remix,Revelator) that they are not supposed to undercut the retail price because its mandated by the company itself? I'm not sure on the details of this, but it sounds reasonable since if the resellers of say Remix start undercutting 1100NT for their t-shirts (which is the reg price), then the actual Remix stores would not be getting as much business. Even then, my friend and I were able to bargain some off of some Remix stuff, but not much, at most just 100NT.

BTW, It can help if they know you are a foreigner (just visiting), they might be more willing to discount the price if you know you are just going to be shopping once, and not a frequent buyer coming back to want that lower price. Just as a reference, this summer when I was in Taiwan- I did bargain on everything pretty much, and did save some money whether it was just 50NT all the way to 400NT.

November 12, 2007 @ 04:00 AM
hongkongsandy

There is another map that i posted before for da-an, covers some of the other shops like phantaci, leftfoot, graniph etc

Its not really that hard to find most places in da-an - its relitively small, just walk around a bit an you can always ask someone directions when you are there. If you get the address in chinese from google then you should have no problem getting someone to point you in the right direction.

My computer died so i lost most of the addresses but the ones i still have to hand are:
ALLENBLUE 台北市中正區汀州路三段305號 02-2369-9239
PHANTACI 台北市忠孝東路四段223巷63號 02-8773-1426
代代木馬尺 台北市萬華區昆明街90巷5號 02-2331-6603
WOWGOTU 台北市龍泉街94號 02-2365-4918
Pixie Gallery Store: 台北市大安路一段51巷46號1樓 +886-2-2711-8289
SENSE ORGAN (devilock distributor) 1F.,NO.66,Lane187,Sec.1,Dunhua S.Rd.,
Da-an District,Taipei City 106,Taiwan +886-2-2721-9485

Try googling or search kenlu, all the shop addresses are pretty easy to find.

I Can't help on Xinmeiding as i never really bother going there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo Brizzle;
- yeah i found tuan tuan no problem thanks. Felt a bit of a plum as i got a Taxi from the 101 and its like 50-100m in a straight line up the road, live and learn! Nice store and people but damn its expensive. I went to check out their hysteric glamour stuff - but i see Surrender are stocking it so i'll take a look there as i'm going to Singapore next week.
- Regarding the UK, i was living in Midsomer Norton for a while before i moved to Asia. I was in Hong Kong for a couple of years and have been in Taiwan for 5 or 6 now. I get around most of Asia for work as well. Haven't been back to England for ages, although i will be moving back for work next year.
November 14, 2007 @ 06:54 PM
brizzle

we really do need updated maps... unfortunatley i've been really busy lately, so i can't help much in the near future.

savag3: man, that sucks. go to the police?

hongkongsandy: nice, that's kinda what i have in mind in terms of a career after graduation next year. also, thanks for helping out with the info. i hear tuan tuan will start to stock number nine items very soon.

everybody: i'm not in taipei at the moment. i need a pair of those clot levi's jeans that are dropping very soon at various levi's locations (supposed to be a present for someone). so if anybody can hook it up for close to retail, i'd be grateful.
November 15, 2007 @ 03:53 AM
hongkongsandy

Man the police are a joke on Taiwan i wouldn't waste your time tbh Savag3.
I'll ask around, might be able to help, you got any more details of the shop?

Brizzle - i got lucky, everyone else in my division was married so didn't want to travel overseas too much + i ended up in Asia smile
You at UWE? I kind of miss Bristol, its a cool city
I'll look out for those jeans - you mean the devilock ones + what size?
A mate has a pair of Surrender Denims up for sale as they were too small (there about 30-32", Raw Blue, bought in Singapore), he's looking for 80quid shipped which is about 1/2 the price of dpmhi. I think he's put them on ebay if anyone wants the link [/shamelessplug]

Calistyles - the red area is just an arrow pointing to Summit (who did the map)
Da-an is a pretty good area to explore - its basically the corner of jhong xiao+duan hua, theres a lot of small shops there.
If you kind of walk between Adidas Originals and Phantaci there are plenty of ok places.
November 15, 2007 @ 04:25 AM
dopke

Ok, cool cool. This Herr shit is pissing me off :\, still havent gotten my 22000 NT back yet. Anyone know anyway I can get my money back?

See if you can talk with some of the owners of similar type of street-wear stores nearby, see if they know anything about the owner of that store- and if they have suggestions...

Just curious, why didn't you just go to the store to buy it?

November 15, 2007 @ 04:44 AM
hongkongsandy

Never used it and its probably pish but you could try the foreigners helpline 0800-024-111 Says they speak English and that "National Police Agency cares about you" on their business card. They're website iff.npa.gov.tw seems to be dead which doesn't bode well
November 15, 2007 @ 07:53 AM
brizzle

about the levi's: yes, they're the levi's x clot x devilock, the ones with the patches. apparently these will release on/before november 19 in hong kong... but popolove on bt2 said tw release is on the 16th (tomorrow), and that "11or 12 levis stores will cary like 5-10 each". now, i don't know exactly which locations will have them (i'm guessing maybe the one on zhongxiao dong lu, section 4, is likely to be part of the release; or maybe their big store in the ximending area). perhaps someone who can read mandarin could check kenlu.net and see if they can find out any specifics? i need a w34... so if anybody is willing to do this, pm me. money/paypal ready smile

hongkongsandy: no, i'm at bristol university. know a few people at uwe, though (they seem to have more streetwear heads over there, haha).
November 20, 2007 @ 07:15 PM
brizzle

Went to Taipei today; Phantaci has the entire line of the Nike Tech Pack minus the M65 (razz) and the tshirt. Also, D.W.A.R.P. carries Dior 19cms now!

any new mastermind japan? it's a shame their stock is so limited...

about the levi's x clot x devilock...

tw release is on friday, november 23. people are camping as we speak.

200 pairs altogether. one store will have 10+ pairs; 13 different locations.

retail is gonna be ntd 8,000. but, yea, pre-orders go for 20k.

i might have a guy who can hook me up. personally, even if i was in taipei, i wouldn't bother...
November 25, 2007 @ 12:00 AM

Inactive

the camping for the levis x devilock x clot was insane in taiwan/hk i think.....

thats what happens when EDC is one of the man involved....

resell for these go for 9-1000USD now..
November 25, 2007 @ 12:07 AM

Inactive

also could we get one for ximending too...ximen area is like a maze i couldnt find this apery store.

here is a map for apery.

its VERY HARD to find... since the street is on has no other clothing stores.
and the street #s are all screwed up..

(bottom right of the map is the MRT station exit #6)
December 3, 2007 @ 03:48 AM
kidesquiss

this might be totally random but i'm going to be going to taiwan in early feb. and just trying to figure thing out in advance.

Does anybody know if any stoes in Taiwan carry Madfoot sneakers??

Please login first to reply.