FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
May 15, 2007 @ 06:34 PM
thephreak

oldboy who's that in yo avy? i think ive seen her somewhere, but cant think of the name

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

May 20, 2007 @ 12:02 AM
hongkongsandy

NEW BAPE ADDRESS
The new bape store opened yesterday, looks pretty big from the outside and a bit more impressive than the old ones (more like the HK store inside), i only walked by it yesterday (still a queue of about 20 people at 6pm and i couldn't be arsed). The bape/apee stores in the old location weren't open yesterday, so i guess its replacing them.

Its a bit away from the main da-ann shopping location you have to cross jhongxiao east and its on the next main intersection, by the big sort of roundabout junction on Ren Ai Lu, (almost level with the new sogo, 2 blocks over) Its pretty easy to find as theres loads of neon

c/o freshnessmag.com
NEW BAPE STORE TAIPEI
1F. No.99 Section 4, Ren-Ai Rd.
Taipei, Taiwan
TEL #: +886-2-8771-8380

I also noticed that leftfoot shop i mentioned previosly, its in the general area of UC
May 29, 2007 @ 12:18 AM

Inactive

I went to the Bape store opening, lots of local celebs. Store is nice as hell. I waited for 40 minutes to get in and that was at 4 P.M.

was it worth it?
June 6, 2007 @ 08:10 AM
Akura

How do you get to Apery? I found Shock Value i think thats what the store is called in an alley way in Ximen which has a nice selection of Stussy, Supreme.. Kinda they had the tyson shirt for $100 which is wack since it retails for $40 and some other brands. I really wanna check out Apery though, I saw the pic of the shape shirt and love it!
June 6, 2007 @ 01:35 PM
BbSix

How do you get to Apery? I found Shock Value i think thats what the store is called in an alley way in Ximen which has a nice selection of Stussy, Supreme.. Kinda they had the tyson shirt for $100 which is wack since it retails for $40 and some other brands. I really wanna check out Apery though, I saw the pic of the shape shirt and love it!

I'm in Taipei right now and I've been looking for the apery too, I found bape very nice atmosphere and very helpful staff. I was shit out of luck when it came to finding Roadstas in a 11's though
July 9, 2007 @ 09:07 AM
brizzle

Another update.

The store Savag3 referred to is called MTS - difficult to find but well worth the trouble. Their stock is pretty good. (Akura: you mentioned the name Shock Value... I don't know if it's MTS you're talking about. If not, a description of the shop's location would be helpful.)

I have found a few more spots in the Zhongxiao area. Gallaz is good for skate brands and supplies, and Mei-Shop has a decent selection of Head Porter products (located a few minutes away from the main shopping area). Trinity is another reseller store, mostly with American brands.

Then there is Leftfoot for sneakers. The Nike and Adidas stores, as mentioned by hongkongsandy, are also worth checking out.

With our list growing at this rate and older stores changing locations (BAPE to Ren-Ai and Apery to Kaifong) it would probably make sense to include more detailed information regarding location (address etc.). Maybe at some point we should have our own maps of the two important shopping neighborhoods with all the major spots indicated...

Oh, and st00sEE: I didn't know there was a boutique in Core Pacific that sells Bounty Hunter. I have seen fake BH in some small shops in Ximending, though. I might have to go and have a look at that place.
July 10, 2007 @ 06:47 PM
sagaji

maybe we should add some resell stores also...

i heard leftfoot is nice...

i heard there is a store that carry supreme, udft, stussy right beside the old bape..?
July 14, 2007 @ 02:10 AM
soletrumpet

u guys know where to find Edwin Japan stuff in taipei?
July 18, 2007 @ 01:22 AM
hongkongsandy

^ Magnetic carry some Vizvim kicks, V.limited stock and they are pretty pricey.
Its a couple of blocks up from the old bws, think its listed on the summit map thats earlier in this thread.

- For Edwin there are a few of their stores around pretty easy to spot- don't know much about the brand so couldn't say if its the same gear as JP or like 'export versions'.

- For BxH there is a place in the mall opposite the 101 (called something like NY NY Mall. i think - its been a while) but it has to be fake, its way cheap and print quality just doesn't cut it.
July 18, 2007 @ 02:46 AM
prokart

DONT EVER buy BxH in Taiwan...they are all fake..
July 18, 2007 @ 05:53 AM
hongkongsandy

Just remembered i've seen those neon Vizvims somewhere else, i think Phantaci might resell them.
July 23, 2007 @ 01:43 PM
hard2chui

Does anyone know if shops still have the Atmos Air Max 1's (Elephant and Safari)?

If so, which stores? I'm having a friend there do a pick up if they are available.
August 8, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
Takeshi

How can everyone stopped posting here..? C'mon keep taiwan tread alive... I been there last december... Did not know so much about streetwear and only visited bape store... C'mon ppl keep this updated!
August 9, 2007 @ 09:41 AM
brizzle

Keepin' the thread alive? No problem...

- I've been to Phantac a couple days ago. They did have Visvims (not many!), I remember seeing FBTs in a US 10.

- MTS was open when I went there. Their stock has gotten much worse, though, in my opinion.

- Atmos: Don't know, sorry.

- Magnetic seems to be random in their decisions of when to open their store. 2 out of 3 times I'm in the area it's closed.

Update: Check out URA by Shilin MRT station - reseller that is on par with Apery. Also, there is Invincible for Undefeated gear and Overkill which stocks a selection of Subcrew items (both of these are in Zhongxiao). Lastly, represent your city with a TAIPEI CITY cap by Remix (granted, these are cool, but I'm unsure if they are still available - edit: seems like they have tees in the same style now as well).

Meet-up? In the spirit of keepin' the TW scene alive, why not have a HB meet-up sometime? I'm in Taipei right now, and will be here until the end of September. Let me know who's down...
August 9, 2007 @ 10:08 AM
Takeshi

Hmmm... I am not in taipei... I think the reason why taipei thread is so dead is because there isnt much taiwanese here... A problem is taiwanese usually do not know english... Thats why we cant see them contributing to all the forums...
August 14, 2007 @ 07:04 AM
Takeshi

Hey... I found the address of apery with its little map... My friend is going taipei this friday... So i was searching around for the location so he can find apery and buy something for me... This is the link . . . http://sh2.yahoo.edyna.com/apery/about.asp. . .
August 19, 2007 @ 08:33 AM
thephreak

anyone know of any good shops in Taichung? i know there is Apery here, but thats about all i know. The Idee Department Store is goin out of business so they having these sales, but there isnt much (some Mishka, Atmos, Stage, and very few Stussy), and some of the stuff is questionable in regards to fake/authentic. Any suggestions?

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

August 20, 2007 @ 11:40 AM
brizzle

Update: For those who are on the look-out for kicks, I recently stumbled across Shoexpress. It's on Zhongxiao Dong Lu, two minutes from (the old) Sogo walking into an easterly direction, HK-style located on the top floor of a small, crappy mall (no freestanding structure; to be entered via a corridor that's connected to the sidewalk; no door). I found this by pure chance. Although it's a small space, their selection seemed good (haven't checked for fakes though, so someone else should swing by to confirm their legit-ness).

P.S. We need more people for the meet-up. So far it's just Savag3 and I.

P.P.S. I know virtually nothing about Taichung, sorry. Maybe another member we be able to help out.
August 20, 2007 @ 12:16 PM
Takeshi

My friend just hit apery taipei... He say the stage tees there are very limited in both designs and size... But i do see alot on their online store... Wondering why...
August 24, 2007 @ 11:13 AM
brizzle

My friend just hit apery taipei... He say the stage tees there are very limited in both designs and size... But i do see alot on their online store... Wondering why...

Their web site is trash. Better check their Yahoo! page or - like your friend did - visit the store.
August 25, 2007 @ 07:05 AM
Takeshi

Yeah... He say he only found 5 tees 3 design on the hanger and size very limited...
August 26, 2007 @ 12:18 PM
Akura

Stage is way too expensive considering it is designed from a guy in Taiwan.
August 27, 2007 @ 09:59 AM
brizzle

Stage is way too expensive considering it is designed from a guy in Taiwan.

I'm not a big fan, either. Not because of the fact that the designer is Taiwanese, though...

- Visited TUANTUAN boutique in Xinyi recently (located in the Eslite mall close to Warner Village). They have been around for a few weeks now, or so I hear. Brands include Comme des Gar
August 29, 2007 @ 09:29 AM
brizzle

Co Oper is the store near Phantac right?

It's quite close to Phantac, yes. And it's really small, like 5 square meters. Literally.
August 29, 2007 @ 04:42 PM
BbSix

Im down for a Taiwan meet up i should be there for about a week around sept 14th
August 30, 2007 @ 06:57 AM
Takeshi

Yeah... Stage is not that nice anyway... Only a very small number of designs that are worth buying...
August 30, 2007 @ 09:51 AM
brizzle

Oh yea, Visvim... it's a shame not much of their stuff can be found in Taipei. But I always update once I discover a new spot... so if I do, I'll let you know.

Im down for a Taiwan meet up i should be there for about a week around sept 14th

Let's say sometime mid-September then. Especially since I will be leaving again soon after.
September 12, 2007 @ 06:39 PM
BbSix

leaving for Taipei tonight hit me up with a pm if your going to be there
September 17, 2007 @ 09:48 AM
brizzle

Savag3: Thanks for the heads up (Trinity). Went there, looks kinda nice.
- Regarding CLOT: Check out hype1110 on Yahoo! (see link provided in first post). Oh, and if you happen to buy anything... tell him that foreigner guy who copped a shitload of stuff referred you to him... he will know for sure ;)
- About Nike Tech Pack: Haven't heard/seen nothing, sorry.
- And Visvim: Found a few spots that stock some items. (Again, check the updated list on the first page).

Everybody: Sorry for not responding for a while. The meet-up can still happen, if people are interested... I'm gonna go ahead and randomly pick a date (as I don't know for how long BbSix will be here): this Thursday (September 20th)? Or any day after that? Let me know what you think... also, I have a (big!) update for y'all:
- Grand Giant: New Era store in Ximending (that hip-hop alley...)
- Yo Yo Station: same location
- Beetle Bespoke: Kicks + Kiks Tyo in Ximending (Fashion Mall, I think it's called)
- Sense Organ: Devilock and other gear next to Magnetic (you know, the one that's always closed...)
- JP SHOW: good reseller!
- NIPTUCK: store selling their own designs
- SWISH: another TW brand, but other stuff, as well
- ... D.W.A.R.P. (brizzle's new Taipei favorite!): MMJ + Roen, roar, Number Nine, Undercover, ... you name it (plus they also have an own label, which seems to be inspired by the aforementioned Japanese high-end shit but is surprisingly moderately priced... support them!)
- Lastly, Yahoo! link service: I have updated the first post with links to many stores' Yahoo! online shops... to make matters more convenient, I figured. Also, I found a couple good online resellers (apee92, hype1110, and KPster for New Balance heads)

Keepin' the scene alive!
September 17, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
Takeshi

Thanks for the yahoo pages... They give addresses which are really helpful... Cant wait to visit taipei again... My homies say we shall visit taipei next year... Hope we will save enough and really make a trip there... Need to get a job tho... Hahaha...

Please login first to reply.