300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
January 2, 2007 @ 07:36 AM
brizzle

So. Time for an Official Taipei Shopping Guide. Much of the information so far has been taken from older threads and is summarized in this post.

The following list has been compiled as a source of reference for anyone looking for streetwear in Taipei. It is meant to act as a starting point and will be updated as required. If anyone knows any more stores or thinks something should be corrected I will amend the first post accordingly.

Basically there are two main shopping areas for streetwear in Taipei, one in the eastern part of the city and one in the west. Names of shops - together with one or more examples of brands they carry - are listed below. I have also included a list of notable TW brands.

Shops

* Various
- 1001 (Red Monkey) - Ximending (Eslite) and Zhongxiao
- 45RPM (R by 45RPM) - An He and Zhongxiao (Sogo)
- Allenblue (Nike SB) - several locations
- alumnium (Dior Homme, Hysteric Glamour, Undercover, ...) - online - Yahoo!
- Anyhow/Mania (Anyhow/Mania) - several locations
- apee92 (BAPE, Head Porter, Neighborhood, ...) - online - Yahoo!
- Bamboo (Crooks & Castles, IN4MATION, Know1edge, ...) - Hsinchu
- D-mop (Evisu) - several locations
- EST (Head Porter, Neighborhood, W)Taps, ...) - Shilin - Yahoo!
- Faith (Sugar Cane) - Gongguan and Zhongxiao
- graniph (graniph) - Zhongshan (Mitsukoshi)
- hype1110 (CLOT, Silly Thing, Visvim, ...) - online - Yahoo!
- mashimaro132132 (Dior Homme, Mastermind Japan, Number Nine, ...) - online - Yahoo!
- NIPTUCK (NIPTUCK) - not in Taipei
- OUTER SPACE / WALUX (OUTER SPACE / WALUX) - several locations
- POWER ONLINE (New Balance) - online - Yahoo!
- Provider (Provider) - Hsinchu
- READY SHOP (READY, SWISH, WRONGWROKS, ...) - not in Taipei - Yahoo!
- TUANTUAN boutique (Comme des Gar
January 2, 2007 @ 10:51 AM
vince321

thanks very helpful
January 3, 2007 @ 12:43 AM
brizzle

thanks very helpful

quick question: are you in taipei at the moment? or were you in taipei during christmas?
January 3, 2007 @ 03:48 AM

Inactive

Great work brizzle smile

Where can you find Scenic and Stage products?
January 3, 2007 @ 08:10 AM
vince321

im going to be in taipei one more night
January 3, 2007 @ 11:03 AM
oldboy

Where can you find Scenic and Stage products?

there's a Scenic store near the Ximending pedestrian area. its not in the main block, its in one of the neighboring blocks and its VERY hidden in an alleyway. i only found it because i was wandering around that area for 6 hours last week on a random afternoon.
January 3, 2007 @ 11:08 AM
oldboy

there is also a 2% store right next to X-Large, a Porter store down the street from X-Large and 1001 near Zhongxiao dong lu, and (for the ladies) there's a Moussy store right on Zhongxiao Dong Lu at the B2 (Breeze) shopping mall.

Zhongxiao Dong Lu has the best girls, imo.

Could someone specify where to find Apery and Bamboo in the Ximending area? i never seen it everytime i was in that area.
January 3, 2007 @ 04:13 PM
Tasc

Zhongxiao & Ximending is a must,
Those two shopping areas will drain the cash flow right out of ya.
Gotta love Taipei for the good deals & tax free gear.
January 3, 2007 @ 06:59 PM

Inactive

Oldboy by porter do you mean porter international as opposed to normal porter?
January 3, 2007 @ 09:23 PM
oldboy

Prima, yea i'm talking about Porter International, not the "normal" japanese Head Porter. the store has a hella bags, wallets, hoodies, tees, hats, beanies, etc. (not exactly streetwear in the HB sense) but still some decent stuff. i believe Sogo might also carry some.

btw, i read Hardboiled Wonderland and End of the World again recently, that shit is crazy, probably my fav right next to Norwegian Wood. your sig reminded me.
January 5, 2007 @ 06:14 AM

Inactive

Prima, yea i'm talking about Porter International, not the "normal" japanese Head Porter. the store has a hella bags, wallets, hoodies, tees, hats, beanies, etc. (not exactly streetwear in the HB sense) but still some decent stuff. i believe Sogo might also carry some.

btw, i read Hardboiled Wonderland and End of the World again recently, that shit is crazy, probably my fav right next to Norwegian Wood. your sig reminded me.

haha that's quite a coincidence. my favorite book for the past few years has been norwegian wood. and i just recently picked up hardboiled wonderland from amazon. we'll see how it stacks up when i finish smile
January 5, 2007 @ 09:28 AM
brizzle

i see it's time for an update.

will add lots more info tomorrow, probably.

also, someone sticky this thread. i have feeling we can overtake the hk people cool
January 8, 2007 @ 05:33 PM
Fallen Angels

wish i saw this page before my recent trip. missed a couple stores. anyway, Zhong Xiao Dong Lu area is the best. my block!

btw where exactly is Apery? spent a shitload of time in Ximending area, even around all the hidden alleyway areas where stores like Scenic hide, but i never saw Apery.
January 9, 2007 @ 07:41 AM
brizzle

since so many people have asked...

also, will be adding info about another bad ass store i found recently.
January 11, 2007 @ 01:39 PM
jchenxxx

i miss taiwan
i need to save up for plane ticket ;[

台灣我好想妳!!!
January 11, 2007 @ 08:58 PM
Fallen Angels

going back in late fall/early winter 2007, yessss..

我愛台妹,台妹愛我
January 19, 2007 @ 04:23 PM
Tasc

Ahhhhh shit!
Looks like I'll be back in May, gonna be kickin' things off in Kaohsiung aka The Dirty South and making my way up to Taipei.
Its all about travelling down with the empty suitcase and fillin' it proper.
Gyeah!
January 21, 2007 @ 08:50 AM
brizzle

Apery was fucking satisfying...Good prices, good inventory, and to top it off all the employees were hot chicks suprised !

They're alright.

Info: Been quite busy lately. Will update eventually.
April 10, 2007 @ 01:19 AM
brizzle

Updated!

Let's bring this thread back to life... someone sticky this bitch!

Look out for Under x Peace in Zhongxiao. Lots of great finds - the Apery of the east, in my opinion. Zhongxiao is general has much to offer. Just look around, and you are bound to find something new almost everytime you go there. With the rate it has been going lately, Taiwan (especially Taipei) is clearly becoming the third force in streetwear in Asia.

About Porter International: not really my thing. I have included it in the list, but there are many stores that also sell Japanese Porter and Head Porter products (Apery, Phantac, Summit, ...)

There's actually another reseller store south of Apery. (1 or 2 blocks)

Which store? Do you have a name/address? Is it on the map in the first post?
April 12, 2007 @ 07:37 PM
Gou Shi

April 16, 2007 @ 04:30 AM
brizzle

Not sure about the name but if you walk south of Apery, you'll hit one of the main pedestrian streets and across the small department store is a little alley way and if you go down that alley you'll see the shop and outside of the alley is the big parking complex. Btw where is Under x Peace?

thanks. i checked today, and i think i was in the right alley (or at least very close to it)... but i didn't see the store. also, the road dawgs you're referring to is closed? the space was being renovated when i was there.

apery moved to a new location yesterday, just a block from it's former home. i didn't see any special or new items for the opening, though. at least people are now allowed to keep their shoes on when they enter...

under x peace is quite close to the bape store in zhongxiao. one or two blocks to the east and maybe one to the south. it's pretty much across the road from phantac, if you know where that is. the entrance is tiny, so it's hard to miss... it's basically just a narrow glass door with some stairs behind it leading down to the actual store in the basement. good luck finding it (hopefully more luck than me with the other reseller store in ximending).
April 18, 2007 @ 11:39 AM
st00sEE

where are all these stores in zhong xiao??? is it easy to find
because i dont see em on the map posted on first page?

-Co Oper (Atmos, Fingercroxx, Zoo York, ...)
- Magnetic (Greedy Genius?, Silly Things, Visvim, ...)
- Phantac (Head Porter, Nike, Nike SB, ...)
- Porter International (Porter International)
- Scenic (Scenic)
- Summit (Flying Coffin, Futura Laboratories, The Hundreds, ...)
- Undercover (Undercover)
- Under x Peace (BAPE, Neighborhood, Supreme, ...)
April 25, 2007 @ 01:33 PM
oldboy

where are all these stores in zhong xiao??? is it easy to find
because i dont see em on the map posted on first page?

you're gonna want to do some walking and wandering around those neighborhoods, there's a bunch of random small shops with unique goodies.
April 28, 2007 @ 01:24 PM
prokart

lolz im going bak to taipei in june...and i found this guide..thx guys!
May 7, 2007 @ 10:31 PM
hongkongsandy

There are some good toy shops around the general Da-an district mentioned, the best two are pretty close to X-Large. Theres an ok nike store just across from there it opened there pretty recently, in the last couple of months, (no SB but has some ok stuff, still had some of the atmos animal pack last time i was there, they get some jordan releases too - pretty lacking in AF1 25 stuff though). Adidas originals is in that same neighborhood too.

For toys pixie is definitely worth a look www.pixie.com.tw/
its slightly away from Da-an just accross dunhua south (towards sogo)

Also fyi Sweemie will begin to carry the Futura "Modified" line that was previosly only available in Thailand (or off egay).
May 7, 2007 @ 11:33 PM
thephreak

hell yea. goin to back to taiwan for 2 fuckin months!!! ima check out every fuckin store in taipei and taichung (not much here, but thats where ima live for 2 months)

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

May 8, 2007 @ 01:00 AM
hongkongsandy

Forgot to say leftfoot is opening in Taipei soon. Somewhere around D-An/ JXEast not quite figured out where yet

phreak - theres a branch of bamboo in Taichung
www.bambootw.com/
thats about all i know of Taichung apart from that massive club (youtube 'taiwan bikini party' and you'll forget all about going shopping anyway)
May 8, 2007 @ 07:39 PM
thephreak

oh yea, i been to Seduce before, but not on bikini night. it was cool, but is it jus me or they cant dance?

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

May 9, 2007 @ 05:58 PM
thephreak

Does anyone know where I can get AA in Taipei/Taiwan?

wats AA?

May 15, 2007 @ 03:27 PM
st00sEE

is Bounty Hunter @ 京華城 CORE PLAZA MALL 6Floor legit??? and the converse

i looked at the tags and the printing, looks pretty legit to me but what do u guys think/know
and also at such a big dpt store with huge variety

Please login first to reply.