Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
November 30, 2006 @ 10:35 PM
vince321

Im going to Taiwan in 3 weeks. I have time to go to 1 other city. I want to pick up some sneakers
Where is there a better selection of shoes HK or Japan?

thanks
December 1, 2006 @ 06:53 PM
vince321

thanks for you help
naked pimp thanks for all your help
do u want anything from NYC, let me know and i can bring them to HK
thanks again
December 2, 2006 @ 07:20 PM
vince321

places to stay in HK
WHere are some decent places to stay in HK (near sneaker shops as well as other shopping since im going with my gf
thanks
December 3, 2006 @ 04:49 PM
DotaFreak

HARD TO CHOOSE.
I THINK BOTH PLACES ARE EQUALLY GOOD.
GREAT SNEAKERS ALL OVER. JP - HK are almost head on head with fashion noises
December 5, 2006 @ 10:49 AM
hamham3001

japan for more limited ones... i guess.. hk would have some better prices tho..
December 5, 2006 @ 11:30 AM
KOWLOONTONG

JAPAN IS FU*************N EXPENSIVE. WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IF U PLAN ON BUYING STUFF. EATING AND TRAVELING AROUND ON THE TRAINS ARE COO. BUT IF U PLAN TO BUY STUFF WOW. I REMEMBER T SHIRTS BY 10 DEEP GOING FOR $80 IN HARAJUKU. HK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
December 13, 2006 @ 08:39 PM
encore

JAPAN all the way!
December 14, 2006 @ 01:50 AM
Oshin

make it simple if you're rich and got the cash to spend. goto JP for rare and hot shit. if not goto hk and find alot of good pricing store and good stuff
December 14, 2006 @ 04:47 AM

Inactive

do u want anything from NYC, let me know and i can bring them to HK

I'll take the entire Louis Vuitton store on 5th Avenue please..... >sad

So i guess it really depends on a few things, Spending Budget, Time you have to spend in the country, if you speak either Japanese or Chinese (even if its just a little)? and How good you are with Finding places...

Actually the language barrier is a huge problem. Most Japanese people don't speak English well, if at all. So unless you have a good command of Japanese I would advise against it. It just makes things that much harder and takes away the focus of actually finding stores and kicks.

Wow, thanks for the offer, but i seriously don't know what there is thats in NYC that i want since i have never been there myself...

Supreme, aNYthing, Madison Avenue, just to name a few. Oh, and of course Barneys. cool

JAPAN IS FU*************N EXPENSIVE.

That's what I keep hearing, and unfortunately true.
December 16, 2006 @ 08:46 AM
mikeezy

Well I live in Japan and yeah some places are expensive. But I know a couple shops here in Yokosuka where like every pair of shoes in the store cost around 120. So it would be a rip-off if you copped Weigers for 120 but it would be a decent buy if you copped a pair of Morks for 120 in the store. There's most definitely some spots in Harajuku and Shibuya where you could cop some sneakers, my boy got a pair of Zoo Yorks for 800 down there. There's nike outlets here that get some good stuff sometimes. I say come to Japan.
December 16, 2006 @ 04:21 PM
gRapz

i''d go to japan
January 4, 2007 @ 02:23 PM
Cazal79

What a Question....
January 12, 2007 @ 07:54 AM
KOWLOONTONG

did u ever choose?? check out www.loskong.com hong kong got some nice stuff
January 12, 2007 @ 09:28 PM
james19

japan!!!
January 19, 2007 @ 04:53 PM
HonestAbe

Japan definitely has cool cool cool
January 19, 2007 @ 07:59 PM
KOWLOONTONG

uhhhhh HONG KONG
February 24, 2007 @ 07:42 AM
lbdas.22

Japan is the way to go, I go in random stores in Shibuya and Harajuku and they got some nice shit. But unfortunatley most limited edition shoes are hella expensive. I've seen the Nike De La's in a few stores they where around 30,000 yen.
February 24, 2007 @ 05:40 PM
nothx

i would prefer HK hands on. ive lived in tokyo n still got heads there same with HK.

simply because of the wider spectrum it has to offer. i think japan is just too cookie cut and way too brand oriented vs HK (even though kiddies would go on to note that HK is nothign more than a followup of japan) where its more on style and exclusive/ limited quota

HK basically started the whole queueing of goods
February 26, 2007 @ 02:03 AM
KOWLOONTONG

but i will be going to tokyo next month before goin back to hk =)
February 26, 2007 @ 02:16 AM
soundbomber

If anything, I believe Hong Kong has everything Japan has, you just have to know where to shop (Majority of the top end shops are hidden in alleyways). However, Hong Kong is also known as bootleg capitol, so you should definately know your sneakers to prevent buying fakes.

It's obvious, if you want to save money go to Hong Kong.
April 7, 2007 @ 03:00 PM
kid_fromhk

If anything, I believe Hong Kong has everything Japan has, you just have to know where to shop (Majority of the top end shops are hidden in alleyways). However, Hong Kong is also known as bootleg capitol, so you should definately know your sneakers to prevent buying fakes.

It's obvious, if you want to save money go to Hong Kong.

hk is not the bootleg capital.. thats in mainland china...

hk is like the capital of "water stores" selling "water stocks" for cheap prices too....

after going to both japan and hk quite a few times... i say hk is much better in coppin clothes...especially sneakers... plus even hk got comme des garcon boutique too... so even better now
April 8, 2007 @ 07:31 AM
bloomsta

Definetley Japan. People are over exaggerating about prices.. i mean it is an expensive country but you can find shoes for pretty normal prices. Shirts and clothes are hella expensive, but since you said you are looking to get kicks, i advise japan..but then again i'v never been to Hong Kong.
Also all the stores you would wanna go to are pretty much centered in one or two areas, so it's pretty convenient. PM me if you need any more info on stores here
April 8, 2007 @ 01:09 PM
KOWLOONTONG

ya people OVER exxagerate how expensive tokyo is. i think they expect it to be cheaper than US, but when they find out its not, they think of it as expensive. food, transportation etc is all the same. where it gets pricey is clothes/sneakers. gr's are same price, some of the more exclusive stuff can get really pricey. last month when i was there they were charging $400 something for flip 3's. but ya i dont think tokyo is that expensive.
April 8, 2007 @ 01:17 PM
soundbomber

hk is like the capital of "water stores" selling "water stocks" for cheap prices too....

after going to both japan and hk quite a few times... i say hk is much better in coppin clothes...especially sneakers... plus even hk got comme des garcon boutique too... so even better now

You obviously never really explored Hong Kong, because If you go to Causeway, every other legit shop is surrounded by atleast 3-5 shops selling fakes.
April 8, 2007 @ 01:20 PM
soundbomber

You obviously never really explored Hong Kong, because If you go to Causeway, every other legit shop is surrounded by atleast 3-5 shops selling fakes.
April 9, 2007 @ 05:54 PM
kid_fromhk

man i was born and grew up in hk, tsim sha tui and CWB is MY area lol... are u sayin mainland china doesnt have more fake shops than hong kong...

THE ENTIRE CITY of shum jung is full of fakes... they have ENTIRE shoppin malls selling fake stuff...

so its pretty obvious mainland is the capital of fakes...

Please login first to reply.