HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
March 3, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
inv3ctiv3

Savvy, make sure you check out Omotesando Hills - this place is the new Ginza, and its only acouple of blocks up from Harajuku

i bet you'll find some high class shit there, street or not...

just go up the main street, but look into the side streets too, as that's were you'll find the street shit
the Bape store isn't on the main street either, but it should be easy to find...

If you check that link I posted you can see where it is, I love that area.
March 3, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
calintz

me check?
dude, i've been there a number of times, last time i did my year-long stay in Japan...
March 4, 2008 @ 04:41 PM
Savvy

thanks for the info everyone..ill def. make sure to check out Omotesando while there..i plan on staying for 6 nights and have been considering the Hilton, Cerulean tower and Prince park. Im leaning towards the Hilton though because it seems like what im looking for..ive checked out your blog numerous times inv3ctiv3 i have it bookmarked cool
March 4, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
inv3ctiv3

thanks for the info everyone..ill def. make sure to check out Omotesando while there..i plan on staying for 6 nights and have been considering the Hilton, Cerulean tower and Prince park. Im leaning towards the Hilton though because it seems like what im looking for..ive checked out your blog numerous times inv3ctiv3 i have it bookmarked cool

No Problem man, glad you liked it, if you ever have any questions feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I frequent Japan and love it to death so I can help out if need be.
March 4, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
calintz

6 nights?
better rush through Tokyo :p

i was there for a year - and i still didn't get everywhere in Tokyo :p
March 4, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
inv3ctiv3

6 nights?
better rush through Tokyo :p

i was there for a year - and i still didn't get everywhere in Tokyo :p

Yea I was gonna say, 6 days is not nearly enough time....Almost 2 days are dedicated to travel (Airports, planes and trains) and at least 2 days to start adjusting fully to the new time....You gotta go at least 10-11 days, also are you going alone or with friends?
March 4, 2008 @ 06:50 PM
Savvy

yea i shouldve known 6 nights wouldnt be enough..im thinking your right since its such a long travel i might as well stay as long as i can so i can experience/see as much as possible while im already there..i plan on taking a friend along with me..ill probably pay for most of their trip as well just so i have some good company along for the trip.
March 4, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
inv3ctiv3

yea i shouldve known 6 nights wouldnt be enough..im thinking your right since its such a long travel i might as well stay as long as i can so i can experience/see as much as possible while im already there..i plan on taking a friend along with me..ill probably pay for most of their trip as well just so i have some good company along for the trip.

Not sure how much money you make but the Hilton can be rather expensive when you are paying for it for yourself for many nights. You may consider on of the cheaper hotels in the Shinjuku area?
March 4, 2008 @ 11:47 PM
Savvy

sure im not used to living in an upscale place so a less expensive place wouldnt bother me much..although ive made about $10,000 in the last month that i planned on putting towards the trip and im not too concerned with how much i end up spending of it..i think for the original trip i had planned for 7 days 6 nights was gonna run me like $4,000 total for round trip flight at the Hilton for 2 people...but if you have any other recommendations id love to hear them. Did you stay at the Hilton for like half your trip then the Hyatt the remaining time?
March 5, 2008 @ 05:02 AM
calintz

damn you guys are rich... -_-"

i guess being an international student didn't afford me the luxuries of hotels and all out shopping sad
March 5, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
inv3ctiv3

sure im not used to living in an upscale place so a less expensive place wouldnt bother me much..although ive made about $10,000 in the last month that i planned on putting towards the trip and im not too concerned with how much i end up spending of it..i think for the original trip i had planned for 7 days 6 nights was gonna run me like $4,000 total for round trip flight at the Hilton for 2 people...but if you have any other recommendations id love to hear them. Did you stay at the Hilton for like half your trip then the Hyatt the remaining time?

Yup, it's the perfect trip. I highly recommend you stay in the Hyatt for your last night! Best hotel ever!
March 5, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
Savvy

haha nah im not rich calintz..i just went away on this job at this nuclear plant busting my ass for 5 weeks straight so i made a nice sum of cash by the end of it..the whole plan was to go on that job just for this trip smile

the hyatt does look amazing..im not perfect with currency conversion but it seemed kinda pricey so thats not a bad idea to just stay there for the final night..i never even thought of the idea that i could always split the trip up between places to stay..is the hyatt in a good location also?
March 5, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
inv3ctiv3

haha nah im not rich calintz..i just went away on this job at this nuclear plant busting my ass for 5 weeks straight so i made a nice sum of cash by the end of it..the whole plan was to go on that job just for this trip smile

the hyatt does look amazing..im not perfect with currency conversion but it seemed kinda pricey so thats not a bad idea to just stay there for the final night..i never even thought of the idea that i could always split the trip up between places to stay..is the hyatt in a good location also?

The Hilton is in the perfect location IMO, I love it and so is the Hyatt. Rooms at the hyatt start at $500 a night, I usually stay in the nicer rooms which are about $700 a night but only for the last two nights of the trip. It is well worth it, I love that hotel. I highly suggest you pick up Lonely Planet's Guide to Tokyo.
March 5, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
Savvy

nice where can i grab the guide at? i got tokyo superguide from superfuture its pretty informative as far as shopping goes and some other basic need to knows when traveling to tokyo but ill take all the info. i can get..i plan on going in the middle of May would that be a good time to visit?
March 6, 2008 @ 01:32 PM
inv3ctiv3

nice where can i grab the guide at? i got tokyo superguide from superfuture its pretty informative as far as shopping goes and some other basic need to knows when traveling to tokyo but ill take all the info. i can get..i plan on going in the middle of May would that be a good time to visit?

May can be good, might be a little rainy as June is their rainy season! You could pick it up at boarders or www.lonelyplanet.com/
November 25, 2009 @ 04:24 AM
MiesCrew

I like Osaka more :D

Please login first to reply.