Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 26, 2006 @ 06:47 AM
Allure

Hey everybody,

I'm probably going to visit japan next year, but i can't choose wether I should go to osaka or tokyo.

anyone wanna share his/her experiences with osaka or tokyo?

thanks
October 26, 2006 @ 03:44 PM
Kevin Ma

i have not went to osaka before but tokyo is definitely a great place to visit because of all the shops there and there's so much going on.

i heard the people in osaka is nicer though and they do have most of the shops too.

HYPEBEAST.COM

October 26, 2006 @ 04:01 PM
Allure

yoo kevin thanks for the info.
btw my name is exactly the same as yours.
that's right KEVIN MA i have the same name dudee!
i swear to god. hella fun.
October 26, 2006 @ 05:05 PM
Kevin Ma

haha hella freaky!

gimme my name back! haha

HYPEBEAST.COM

October 29, 2006 @ 08:39 AM
Allure

also is it hard to communicate out there if u dont know japanese?
thanks
October 29, 2006 @ 03:50 PM
Kevin Ma

hmm yes cuz they dont speak english well.

remember to bring a map and stick to the JR or Subway

HYPEBEAST.COM

October 29, 2006 @ 04:16 PM
Allure

thanks man i needed this info so much!
December 30, 2006 @ 07:58 AM

Inactive

I think Osaka and Tokyo have their own good and bad points. It just depends on what you want to do.

If you want to stick to shopping, Tokyo has Osaka beat. The price difference between the two cities (1000 yen here or there) isn't enough to make up for the smaller selection in Osaka.

But, with less people from all over the world coming to buy out stores in Osaka, good items stay there for a bit longer than they would in Tokyo, I think.

For reference, I've been to Tokyo three times over the past four years, but I'm now living in Osaka. I'm not sure if this post would be any different if it was the other way around.
December 30, 2006 @ 06:30 PM
Oshin

you should probaly goto Tokyo first if you haven't been to Japan.
December 30, 2006 @ 07:59 PM
Allure

Thanks for all the suggestions but i think i'm gonna stick to Osaka.
I'm not necessarily into shopping and stuff.. just need a laid back vacay.
btw i also have the feeling that it's more peaceful, more nature, more tradition in Osaka than Tokyo don't know why and i might be wrong about that (which i probably will), but yeah we'll see if i don't like it - option B = JR.
I could use a guide when im out in Osaka, Jesse.. lol.
thanks.
December 30, 2006 @ 08:13 PM
Oshin

Thanks for all the suggestions but i think i'm gonna stick to Osaka.
I'm not necessarily into shopping and stuff.. just need a laid back vacay.
btw i also have the feeling that it's more peaceful, more nature, more tradition in Osaka than Tokyo don't know why and i might be wrong about that (which i probably will), but yeah we'll see if i don't like it - option B = JR.
I could use a guide when im out in Osaka, Jesse.. lol.
thanks.

yea definately osaka if ur just there for a lay back vacation, enjoyin view etc
December 30, 2006 @ 08:46 PM

Inactive

Yeah, the varied scenery you can get to within a few hours from Osaka has Tokyo beat if you're looking for a nice place to relax. Osaka is definitely a city though - I never feel quite right until I can get out to the Kyoto surrounds for some real greenery and smaller-town feels.
January 4, 2007 @ 01:00 PM
Cazal79

Osaka...what?
January 8, 2007 @ 05:42 AM
Allure

Osaka...what?

its a city in japan
October 19, 2007 @ 08:09 AM
ThatDude

uppin this thread,,,
October 19, 2007 @ 10:24 AM
Teriyaki_K

im going japan nxt year i think if i can save enough...=DD tokyo is the place to be though i think...got everything =DDD
October 20, 2007 @ 06:50 AM
ThatDude

i have 10 days in Japan...i still dont know how long im goin to stay in Osaka and how long in Tokyo,,prolly go first to Tokyo,,
October 24, 2007 @ 10:42 PM
keebz!

Osaka would be perfect for a laid back vacation. I was there last year for a week and it was definitely worth the trip. Make sure to visit Kyoto to see all the traditional stuff.
December 3, 2007 @ 12:44 AM
kenjik9881

all y`all should get teh Japan Rail Pass and just travel around unlimted for 1 or 2 weeks or however long you`re...it will save you a crap load of money
December 12, 2007 @ 08:57 PM
rayshiest

OK BIG QUESTION FOR MY HYPEBEAST FAMILY.

how do you bring your funds over ,do you use your credit card ? fill up your debit card? bring over paper money and hit up a post office?? please help!

also where are the cheapest hotels in tokyo/akihabara

-planning a 1 week trip to tokyo in 08.
December 14, 2007 @ 12:57 AM
kenjik9881

OK BIG QUESTION FOR MY HYPEBEAST FAMILY.

how do you bring your funds over ,do you use your credit card ? fill up your debit card? bring over paper money and hit up a post office?? please help!

also where are the cheapest hotels in tokyo/akihabara

-planning a 1 week trip to tokyo in 08.

Cash Cash Cash. Japan is a cash based society so just bring over paper money and exchange it, it doesnt hrut to have a credit card too but not that many places use it.

Cheapest hotels in Tokyo are in ueno/asakusa area. Or you coudl just stay in a capsule hotel for 30 bucks a night. or a youth hostel for bout the same amount.
December 15, 2007 @ 01:55 AM
rayshiest

GREAT
thanks alot, actually i had thought of doing the exact same thing, staying at a capsule hotel in akihabara/ueno (read it on a travel wiki)

which is the better season: spring or fall ?
December 18, 2007 @ 08:41 AM
kenjik9881

GREAT
thanks alot, actually i had thought of doing the exact same thing, staying at a capsule hotel in akihabara/ueno (read it on a travel wiki)

which is the better season: spring or fall ?

go in spring during hanami (cherry blossom) time. probably the best time weather wise in japan
January 7, 2008 @ 06:41 PM
Replicant

all y`all should get teh Japan Rail Pass and just travel around unlimted for 1 or 2 weeks or however long you`re...it will save you a crap load of money

If you can find a post office, they have international ATMs where they accept pretty much any card for cash withdrawals.

Even my shitty St.George savings card worked.

January 9, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
dare2dream

I was in Tokyo earlier in the year for some R&D for my label, damn good!!! That was a sweet place to search for great threadz & kickz. I spent the first night in Osaka and had a great night, ordering food with hand signals and drawing pictures on a piece of paper. We booked the trip 2 weeks before we left, so no time to elarn the language, but that made it so much more exciting!!
We are actually looking to head back there in the next few months for some more R&D for our next 12 months of ranges, we will prob spend more time in Osaka searching and talking with buyers about our Label, Tokyo is a blast though and the guy asking for cheap hotels in Tokyo, i dont think they existsad
Hella expensive, but worth while with the savings on some rare kickzsmile

Enjoy your travels guys.

JG
January 16, 2008 @ 07:35 AM

Inactive

any recommendations boutt he shops in osaka? im goin there @ feb.. been to tokyo quite alot but still not sick of it. shibuya is DOPE, can spend like 3 days there haha. thanks anyways.
January 17, 2008 @ 08:42 PM
calintz

3 days? you joking right?
3 weeks is too short!

it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are in Osaka or Tokyo, pick up a Spy Master magazine, check the clothes in there, and find the places to go - both places are kinda the same in terms of fashion. Tokyo may have more variety, bbut Osakans are more relaxed in their dress style - but both are street.

Money?
Check the postals for ATMs that let you take money out of your visa credit cards. they open til 4pm tho, and only on weekdays.
January 18, 2008 @ 08:43 AM

Inactive

i stayed in conrad tokyo and almost cried wen i was bout to leave.. that hotel is fuckin dope. well anyways..agreed. 3 days is too short.. i prefer shibuya over harajuku.. lol
January 19, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
dare2dream

Just booked another trip to Japan yesterday, so freakin excited!!! Spending 2 days in osaka and 6 days in Tokyo. Can anyone tell me the sweet stores or area to hit up in Osaka?? Im pretty sweet with Tokyo as I will be based in Shinjuku and have spent sometime in Shibuya and Harajuku, so know my way around pretty well. I am leaving in 6 weeks so will be doin some prepping and also looking to hit up some shops that are keen to take on an OZ label. Anyone have any contacts for shops in Osaka or Tokyo??
Thanks Guys.
January 20, 2008 @ 08:39 AM

Inactive

i need store info on osaka as well! thanks =]

Please login first to reply.