January 16, 2011 @ 08:53 PM
CamTitanic

My brother and I are planning on taking a three month(ish) vacation to Aus and wanted to know if you had any input on where to go/stay and what prices for apartments are like. We've been doing our research but I'm sure you guys are on some shit no website can tell us. We're trying to be relatively close to a beach so we can surf or at least near a way to the beach haha. Not sure what coast city would be cheap rent/dope night life and good waves etc.

Put me on some ish.
Thanks
January 18, 2011 @ 02:28 AM
noogsahoy

PERTH.
good weed, good surf, good girls.
January 19, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
CamTitanic

PERTH.
good weed, good surf, good girls.

Swag that's pretty much what we're looking for. But it's on the opposite side of pretty much everything else so it'd have to be that place haha.
January 24, 2011 @ 06:20 PM
CamTitanic

Good looks man, thanks. Perth looks dope but it's far as hell from pretty much everywhere else. We're probably thinking the eastern side of Australia along the coast unless others can back up Perth haha. Anybody else have any input?

Peace
January 24, 2011 @ 06:33 PM
Ledger

How much cash you wanna drop on accommodation? Might be too expensive for you in Melbourne or Sydney.

Melbourne surf aint great but we've got some amazing beaches about an hour away, but our nightlife is pretty damn good.
January 25, 2011 @ 05:11 PM
CamTitanic

We've been saving since we were kids so around nine thousand by this time next year each. A smaller city with cheaper housing would be key, we could always take a bus or whatever into a city like Melbourne.
January 26, 2011 @ 01:44 AM
Denny Crane

If the beach is important, other options could be the Gold Coast or Byron Bay:

Both are smaller, beachy/holidayish places in which anywhere you stay can't really be that far away from the beach. Gold Coast is seen as a kind of party place so there's certainly night life there but I wouldn't call it the 'cultured' type if you know what I mean. Byron especially is seen as a small, laid back town with I think only about 30,000 people and supposedly everyone that lives there smokes weed.

If you want to check out a bigger city in that time, Gold Coast is about 45 minutes away from Brisbane (the capital of Queensland and third biggest city) while from Byron is about a 2 hour drive. Alternatively it's about a 9 hour drive from Byron down to Sydney which, realistically, is a better tourist destination than Brisbane.
January 27, 2011 @ 04:31 PM
CamTitanic

We've heard good things about Byron Bay but it's hard to find places that rent for around three months online haha, you know any locals that could hook us up with info? Thanks for the post though man it's good looks.
January 27, 2011 @ 09:24 PM
Denny Crane

Nah, don't really know anyone down there too well.
February 9, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
Shiri

Melbournes the dopest city in the country and there is some mad as hell surf an hour or two away from the city. You go to Melbourne for shopping, coffee and lifestyle culture. Surf is decent in Sydney. Must visit both cities if you are coming, if you don't you're missing half of the reason Australia is great. Get up to the NT Nationals Parks too if you really wanna see what Australia is all about. But that's fucking WAY out of the way.

http://blog.careyciuro.com

February 11, 2011 @ 01:17 AM
aten

We've heard good things about Byron Bay but it's hard to find places that rent for around three months online haha, you know any locals that could hook us up with info? Thanks for the post though man it's good looks.

Hey man I live in Byron, if your coming over the lake to Aus definately come visit Byron. There is a lot of short term rentals around the best bet is to check out the local papers and rent a room/self-contained place (renting houses in byron is really expensive, upward of $500 a week and that triples during busy periods) Ill PM you the local newspapers they put the classifieds online so yeah.. Also, for the cities check out www.wotif.com.au they do deals.
Alternatively there are areas outside of byron which are cheaper.
Weed isnt too hard to get in the area for touros, Nimbin is about 40 mins away and is the marijuana mecca in Australia you can buy buds on the street. Surf is good in the area, real crowded though..
February 11, 2011 @ 12:04 PM
CamTitanic

Good looks Shiri and aten. We def want to make it to Melbourne and Sydney at some point but Byron is looking more and more like the place we're going to post up. Thanks for the newspaper classifieds aten these will be real nice around the time were leaving. The wotif site is nice too haha we can finally really see what the price ranges are going to be around.

peace
February 11, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
noogsahoy

nimbin..

coolcoolcool
April 3, 2011 @ 11:03 PM
endatteTon

Australians Help Me Out
I could potentially help you out, but I havent seen any in stores near me yet.

Ill check later this week and get back to you.
April 10, 2011 @ 04:55 AM
darko

+1 for Byron

also melbourne > sydney for sure. make sure you dedicate more time to melbourne
April 17, 2011 @ 03:51 PM
CamTitanic

Thanks for the help. Any input is good, we still have a few months to work out the details.
April 17, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
toneg

Don't come to Canberra
April 20, 2011 @ 08:00 PM
3h50

if you wanna shop in Sydney for apparel, go to Surry Hills, Darlinghurst or Oxford Street Area, some decent stores around there hidden in alleyways and such

the CBD's got
- the Galleries of Victoria (Carhartt, Superdry, Design Tshirts Graniph, Mooks etc...)
- 'Sneakerology' at Westfield Pitt St. Mall (Westfield Pitt St is pretty good overall)
- Espionage (2 Stores) 22 Goulburn St, Sydney or 80 Oxford St, Darlinghurst
May 3, 2011 @ 07:41 AM
darko

Don't come to Canberra

i concur
June 17, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
reecenoir

Byron!
July 18, 2011 @ 09:15 PM
nike1

Go to tasmania,

seriously, its just as good as anywhere else in australia, might not have any sneakerstores or anything much, but who goes to tasmania to shop? lol
September 1, 2011 @ 08:49 PM
hplyavrg

Start in Brisbane and roadtrip down the east coast, gold coast, byron, sydney, melbourne are all on the way.
November 18, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
CamTitanic

Thanks for all the input, this shit is actually happening in two months and we're pretty stoked. Looks like we'll be in Byron for March and April and we're gonna travel around a bit until then. Thinking of setting up in Noosa Heads for a bit, anybody have any input on the area? Just heard from a friend it was a rad place to be.
December 1, 2011 @ 06:54 AM

Inactive

You can't go past Surry Hills in Sydney. Basically an entire section of the Sydney inhabited by 19-28 year olds. Great bars, close to clubs, cheap weed, 15 minutes form the beach by bus or train, close to all the decent shops and stuff and lots of cheap accommodation.
December 1, 2011 @ 06:55 AM

Inactive

Thanks for all the input, this shit is actually happening in two months and we're pretty stoked. Looks like we'll be in Byron for March and April and we're gonna travel around a bit until then. Thinking of setting up in Noosa Heads for a bit, anybody have any input on the area? Just heard from a friend it was a rad place to be.

Just to let you know everyone in Byron is high 24/7 haha. Shrooms grow everywhere round there and the weed is really cheap cause it's near where a lot of Aussie dope is grown. Also great beaches but not much nightlife. Byron is just a little chill bay full of high.
February 29, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
supremeaustralia

mirrabooka is where its at

~~~~~~~~~LOOKING FOR A NAVY PAISLEY CAMP CAP $100 OR LESS SHIPPED TO AUSTRALIA~~~~~~~~~~

February 29, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
toyokogyo

Ok if you go to Melbourne which I highly recommend you do (I live in Sydney and have plans to move to Melbourne because it's the best city in Australia in terms of people and lifestyle).

Places to go:
King ST is Melbourne’s version of Kings Cross.
Ponyfish Island is a pretty wicked club/bar
Can’t say I’ve been to this place but it looks interesting: http://thecroftinstitute.net/
Other bars I recommend: Workshop, The Red Humming Bird, Pony, The Corner (Richmond), Section 8, Cookie, The Black Cat, Bar Open (Fitzroy), Sister Bella. The city is covered with them. The Long Room on Collins Street is pretty good too!
For entertainment go to a footy game on a Friday or Sat night before you head out, pick a good game with a big crowed, it’s awesome. Or go see a band play at the Corner, Hi-Fi, Epsy etc. Eat dumplings in China town, go to the strippers on King St, don’t go out with a big group of mates or you won’t get let in anywhere, few chicks with you will do you wonders. The Vineyard on a Sunday arvo in St Kilda goes alright, if I think of anything else I’ll be sure to post!

Places to stay: Whenever I go, I stay at the Rydges, if you join up and become a priority member (free) you get heavily discounted accomodation and all it means is that they can send you some junk email offers from time to time! Alternatively somewhere in south bank isn’t too bad, close by the city and a short walk elsewhere/to trams.
February 29, 2012 @ 11:53 AM
toyokogyo

Oh yeah and if you want something fun to do!
http://www.silhouettekarts.com.au/
February 29, 2012 @ 11:57 AM
SIRSMOKALOT

Why Aus exactly? World's economy is bad, dollar is valuable in pretty much every place.

Please login first to reply.