Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 8, 2009 @ 02:27 AM
Yom

I'm planning a 1 week trip to shibuya/akihabara
dont know the language, cant read kanji/kana
dont have a lot of bread.. all I know I want to experience Japan for the first time! PLUS I gotta check out that Evangelion movie when it drops, annd get check out the red light district....

hopefully this summer, If my passport comes in time

holler this way if you got an extra futon!!!!

why would u want to experience Japan in that way?

save some money, come out when u can actually afford to enjoy yourself

also, what evangelion movie are u talking about, and what red light district

www.nagoyayom.com

May 9, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
rayshiest

yeah I should probably make it two weeks, only thing that scares me is that the trains stop running at midnight, and Hostels close their doors at 10, what the hell can you do????

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 is coming out june 27th
i was talking about kabukicho

roughing it and backpacking/ exploring is what I enjoy
May 22, 2009 @ 06:59 AM
stylistics

agreed with yom. save your loot and do it right. nothing worse than being in a land filled with temptation and not having the funds to really experience it.

as for trains stopping at 12, just stay out till the first one. and forget hostels... if you're gonna do it on a budget, just do net cafes. they're probably just as cheap/safe as net cafes and theres no check in/check out. not the most comfortable, but if you want to save loot thats probably the way.
July 9, 2009 @ 09:43 AM
AbDizzy

Where can I cop Jordans in Tokyo.
July 9, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
Yom

Where can I cop Jordans in Tokyo.

Harajuku has loads of shops that sell Jordans

just be prepared to pay rape prices

www.nagoyayom.com

July 16, 2009 @ 08:11 AM
AbDizzy

Harajuku has loads of shops that sell Jordans

just be prepared to pay rape prices

WUT??? I mean like ain't there anywhere with footlocker prices ?
July 16, 2009 @ 08:17 AM
nikeshoesbase

?
July 16, 2009 @ 03:46 PM
tokyoastroboy

goin to uni in tokyo this summer lol
July 16, 2009 @ 10:37 PM
Cboom

I'm planning a 1 week trip to shibuya/akihabara
dont know the language, cant read kanji/kana
dont have a lot of bread.. all I know I want to experience Japan for the first time! PLUS I gotta check out that Evangelion movie when it drops, annd get check out the red light district....

hopefully this summer, If my passport comes in time

holler this way if you got an extra futon!!!!

Please do not come, Japan does not want you.
July 17, 2009 @ 05:34 AM
Dek25ive

If you dont have money your not gonna have a great time in most major cities, especially Tok. Stack up and come later...Question anyone know a good barber shop in Tok that can cut black hair or razor cuts? Headed out next month and itll be the first time I have to get cut up on the economy.
July 18, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
AbDizzy

If you dont have money your not gonna have a great time in most major cities, especially Tok. Stack up and come later...Question anyone know a good barber shop in Tok that can cut black hair or razor cuts? Headed out next month and itll be the first time I have to get cut up on the economy.

What dates I'm out there next month too.
July 20, 2009 @ 03:50 AM
Dek25ive

Yo Ill be out there from Aug. 20 till Sep 7th hit a nig up.ONE
July 20, 2009 @ 03:33 PM
AbDizzy

Impossible I leave on the 19th I arrive on the 5th.
July 21, 2009 @ 05:24 PM
Dek25ive

HA aint that some shit...
August 5, 2009 @ 08:50 AM
mikeezy

AbDIzzy you in japan now? whats your plans.

oh and jaylib if you read thtis shit. i got tickets to nujabes at zushi beach on the 23rd.
October 14, 2009 @ 06:35 PM

Inactive

i remember i was stuck in umeda after forgetting that the trains stopped at 12. miss it there, very mellow and a good skate scene.
February 10, 2010 @ 08:39 PM
Jirugi

Question anyone know a good barber shop in Tok that can cut black hair or razor cuts? Headed out next month and itll be the first time I have to get cut up on the economy.

Damn. good luck. SOMEBODY there has to cut black hair
February 16, 2010 @ 05:47 PM
Thriceguy

If you're into fashion, the best thing about Japan is shopping, and also the worst thing about Japan is shopping.

Sneakers cost rent prices sometimes, no kidding. I saw some AF1's with holes in them at a store called Kinji in Harajuku. It is weird because they could sell a like new Supreme hoody for like $35, then come around and sell some AF1's with holes for 120? Yeah. I think people care about footwear more than anything else here. Maybe because they are constantly not wearing shoes when at home or friends homes, sometimes at work.

Good luck finding clothing that fits if you are above 5'8 or stocky, because that is probably the most annoying thing for me here. Shoes, shirts, jackets, everything is usually small. If it is a jacket, it is either wide but short, tall but thin, or just smaller than what it says. They make it like if there is no such thing as athletic or stocky body types, just skinny and short.

I enjoy mostly the food though, food is the mad OD thing here. I know that sounds stupid, but you will see when you come to Japan. Everytime before I lived here that I visited, I gained mad weight.

I find food the opposite in Japan. The portions are half the size compared to the US. I mean look around and you will hardly see any overweight people in Japan. In the US half of the population is probably overweight. There were a couple times when I was in Japan that I needed to get something else to eat after dinner since I was still hungry after I already spent a good amount of money on dinner. The food is bomb in Japan if your into asian food but portions are very small.
February 17, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
calintz

I enjoy mostly the food though, food is the mad OD thing here. I know that sounds stupid, but you will see when you come to Japan. Everytime before I lived here that I visited, I gained mad weight.

this.

my uni time in japan gained me around 5kgs
February 17, 2010 @ 07:06 AM
emel

thats a good question
February 17, 2010 @ 07:40 AM
Yom

ive done nothing but lose weight here lol

but i was a fat bastard when i moved here so its not surprising really

www.nagoyayom.com

February 17, 2010 @ 02:23 PM
Ledger

Agreed with Yom, each time I go to Japan i tend to lose weight. Less fats and sugars than most other cooking, plus I tend to walk a lot more in Tokyo then back home so i'd burn off anything I ate.
February 17, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
Potsnu

Are the girls easy in Japan or really conservative? Plan to make it out next year and confirm if those noises they make is true!
February 17, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
rayshiest

how come nobody ever mentions the Pasmo? its a metro card you throw money on and not worry about the prices between stations..
May 5, 2010 @ 12:48 PM
Helgen

Beer is great here.
July 15, 2010 @ 09:31 PM
TKDESIGNROOM

Sapporo beer rules!!

streamzoo = redsalapao - instagram = greensalapao

July 21, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
aka_gunsmoke

This is a dope thread, plan to visit next summer will deff take all the shit you guys are saying to heart. Wanna be prepared and enjoy myself.
July 23, 2010 @ 10:37 PM
Cboom

Clear Asahi honestly life changing.

Please login first to reply.