FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
March 28, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
AbDizzy

How much money do you need to spend whilst in Japan if you wish to live quite comfortably. I have a hotel so I just want to know how much food + travel + clubs + drinks etc cost. Thank you !
March 29, 2009 @ 07:58 AM
mikeezy

what part of japan?
March 29, 2009 @ 03:44 PM
AbDizzy

what part of japan?

Tokyo my man.
March 29, 2009 @ 07:18 PM
Ken..

all i no is that if you are taking the train you NEED to have a map with you at all times because its confusing. And its not like NYC where you can just pay 2 bucks per ride. The price matter from what point to what point you want to go to. And it can cost from anywhere from $$ (i dont no the cheepest price) ~ $40+ per ride. So your gonna need to dish out mad cash to go to places to shop.
March 29, 2009 @ 07:52 PM
Yom

What are u talking about??? ^^

anyway, i used to go to Tokyo for 2 weeks, stay in a Ryokan (traditional japanese hostle type place) in Nezu. I would usually spend between around $3000 not including accomodation.

it depends on where u want to stay obviously. just do a google search for cheap places in tokyo, there are loads

as for travel, all the stations are written in english, stick to the Yamonote JR line (green one) as that takes u to all the tourist places plus all the fashion places (shibuya, harajuku etc)

getting tickets is not difficult, if u use your brain. Yes, it can be hard to wrok out the cost, so, buy the cheapest ticket available at the machine (u can change the machine to english language if that helps u) then, when u get off at the station u r going to, find the "fare adjustment" machine, put ya ticket in, it tells u how much extra u need to pay.

simple

Having said all that, if u r planning on travelling outside of tokyo, u would be better off getting a Japan Rail Pass (google it) as that can save u loads of money if u r using the bullet trains, but not worth it if u r just staying in Tokyo

dont get stressed about using the trains, guy above me makes it sound like a nightmare, its really not

also, dont be afraid to walk. u should walk from harajuku to shibuya anyway, as there are loads of shops in that secction that u will miss if u get the train. takes about 20-30 mins walking

I can highly recommend using google earth as well. really helps with actual landmarks, like what a shop looks like, or if its next to a crossing or a big tree etc.

hope u have a good time smile

www.nagoyayom.com

March 29, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
AbDizzy

What are u talking about??? ^^

anyway, i used to go to Tokyo for 2 weeks, stay in a Ryokan (traditional japanese hostle type place) in Nezu. I would usually spend between around $3000 not including accomodation.

it depends on where u want to stay obviously. just do a google search for cheap places in tokyo, there are loads

as for travel, all the stations are written in english, stick to the Yamonote JR line (green one) as that takes u to all the tourist places plus all the fashion places (shibuya, harajuku etc)

getting tickets is not difficult, if u use your brain. Yes, it can be hard to wrok out the cost, so, buy the cheapest ticket available at the machine (u can change the machine to english language if that helps u) then, when u get off at the station u r going to, find the "fare adjustment" machine, put ya ticket in, it tells u how much extra u need to pay.

simple

Having said all that, if u r planning on travelling outside of tokyo, u would be better off getting a Japan Rail Pass (google it) as that can save u loads of money if u r using the bullet trains, but not worth it if u r just staying in Tokyo

dont get stressed about using the trains, guy above me makes it sound like a nightmare, its really not

also, dont be afraid to walk. u should walk from harajuku to shibuya anyway, as there are loads of shops in that secction that u will miss if u get the train. takes about 20-30 mins walking

I can highly recommend using google earth as well. really helps with actual landmarks, like what a shop looks like, or if its next to a crossing or a big tree etc.

hope u have a good time smile

Thanks a lot dun. I've got my accommodation done, so it's not a worry. I just wanted to know if travel is going to run me crazy doh because I'm planning on being out and about every day, are taxi's the best way to travel back from the club at night ?
March 30, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
Yom

NO!

do not get a taxi

ever

lol

first, they wont understand u, 2nd, expensive as fuck

if u go out and miss the last train, then stay out, all night and get the 6am train back

unless u can walk back

or go to karaoke with friends and stay there all night, works out cheaper than getting a taxi home usually, plus u can just pass out there as they are all private rooms.

www.nagoyayom.com

March 30, 2009 @ 02:04 AM
Ledger

Wise words there Yom, never ever bother with a taxi unless ur loaded or are unable to walk. I've walked from Aoyama to the other side of Tokyo during the night, its quite fun when your drunk.

If you don't wanna be on the street at those hours, try find a capsule hotel, pretty sure they let foreigners in.

Or better yet, find a Maccas and just crash there for a few hours.
March 30, 2009 @ 02:11 AM
Yom

Thats the good thing about Tokyo

u can walk around at night drunk as, with pretty much zero chance of getting mugged/getting into a fight etc lol

some ppl may even try and help u get home (happened to me a couple of times haha)

www.nagoyayom.com

March 30, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
AbDizzy

Thats the good thing about Tokyo

u can walk around at night drunk as, with pretty much zero chance of getting mugged/getting into a fight etc lol

some ppl may even try and help u get home (happened to me a couple of times haha)

Haha sounds dope. Thanks a lot.
March 31, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
kuli

yo
everything that yoms said is spot on
i was over in japan over new years and spent 5 weeks traveling all around
me and my mate got a JR rail pass for 21 days - was expensive but really worth it if youre going to travel around alot
if youre just gonna be chilling in tokyo then you can probs get away with just buying daily subway tickets - but yeah check it out on JR website
definitely advise you to walk around and just take in the sites
theres just so much to see!
the maps on sufu really helped me out as well
if you dont know any japanese grab a phrase book - it helps with directions and food
but half the fun is the miming game ;)
using the trains seems daunting initially but the train system is amazing!
went on the shinkansen heaps and the tokyo subway was so good
you hardly have to wait for a train to come by
i would recommend staying at K's house - me and my mate were at the osaka and hiroshima one and they were excellent
man i miss japan sad
March 31, 2009 @ 11:25 AM
THiZZ

Yom lives in Nagoya thats why his facts are true LMAO...but yea beware you have to pay just to get into the taxi...

-THiZZ
April 1, 2009 @ 12:49 AM
mikeezy

watch out for being date raped in roppongi. that shit's been getting big these past couple of weeks. people waking up with bleeding assholes and their wallets gone. when are you getting to japan?
April 1, 2009 @ 03:40 AM
Dek25ive

That nig Thizz...When you going back out there? I'm planning a trip out in Jul-Aug hit me up son.ONE
April 1, 2009 @ 11:28 AM
THiZZ

That nig Thizz...When you going back out there? I'm planning a trip out in Jul-Aug hit me up son.ONE

Hahaha what up fam!!! Shit i will be gone during that time. If it was after september i would get on that shit asap. I need to go back out there though i wanna see if anythings really changed. Probably see the same hoes in Yokohama Bayhall and shit LMAO...

And the whole Roppongi raping shit has been going on for years. *****'s don't know how to hold they liquour and forget they are in a mass tourist area and well thats what happens...

-THiZZ
April 1, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
Dek25ive

Word it is the same tired ass hoes but its fun you feel me. Where you gonna be at? Im out in Iraq contracting but gonna hit up Cali in Oct and Ausi for new years. Hit me up on Myspace.
April 1, 2009 @ 05:35 PM
THiZZ

Word it is the same tired ass hoes but its fun you feel me. Where you gonna be at? Im out in Iraq contracting but gonna hit up Cali in Oct and Ausi for new years. Hit me up on Myspace.

Yea imma be going to Iraq... in late may/early june. And then were supposed to get back in Aug or Sept. we'll see though... You got a connect with flying though cuz if so im down to head out. And you already knowing off top its the same old ass hoes in the clubs hahaha matter of fact one of the girls i used to date was like when are you coming back to Japan...

-THiZZ
April 1, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
AbDizzy

watch out for being date raped in roppongi. that shit's been getting big these past couple of weeks. people waking up with bleeding assholes and their wallets gone. when are you getting to japan?

August my man and I don't drink so it shouldn't be a problem.
April 1, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
Yom

August my man and I don't drink so it shouldn't be a problem.

prepare for it to be really fucking humid and hot :D

www.nagoyayom.com

April 1, 2009 @ 07:40 PM
AbDizzy

prepare for it to be really fucking humid and hot :D

Haha that's what I want b, plus missed winter comiket.
April 1, 2009 @ 09:04 PM
Jaylib

truth...do u remember that one time me and u had to go there to do that to some chicks?
April 2, 2009 @ 10:08 AM
mikeezy

fuck yes. how could i forget, my man? i seriously can't wait until you get back dude. anybody that's in japan and on HB hit me up and we'll fucking chill.
April 3, 2009 @ 03:53 AM
Dek25ive

Mikeezy you live out there now? What do you do? Anyways Im gonna be out there either beginning of July or August so maybe we can get up and hit some spots.
April 7, 2009 @ 09:08 AM
Dek25ive

Thizz Ill let you know gotta shop around for some group rates.
April 7, 2009 @ 11:21 AM
mikeezy

i go to asij man. parents work in tokyo and shit. i'm down to chill and shit with some hb people in nippon.
April 7, 2009 @ 11:29 AM
AbDizzy

Do you get ID'd at clubs ?
April 7, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
THiZZ

Most of the time no...But most of the big clubs that are good and a little pricey do card...

-THiZZ
April 8, 2009 @ 10:38 AM
mikeezy

niga, if you need an ID. i got you.
April 8, 2009 @ 06:10 PM
AbDizzy

niga, if you need an ID. i got you.

Naw I'm of age lol it's just one of my dudes is a year young.
May 8, 2009 @ 02:25 AM
rayshiest

I'm planning a 1 week trip to shibuya/akihabara
dont know the language, cant read kanji/kana
dont have a lot of bread.. all I know I want to experience Japan for the first time! PLUS I gotta check out that Evangelion movie when it drops, annd get check out the red light district....

hopefully this summer, If my passport comes in time

holler this way if you got an extra futon!!!!

Please login first to reply.