Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 11, 2009 @ 01:14 AM
prolifick21

its already a cheap lens to begin with... most stores won't even carry them used.

yeah i talking real cheap. just bought my d90 kit and i dont have much money to spend. im talking below 100
September 11, 2009 @ 01:34 AM
babyshoe

yeah i talking real cheap. just bought my d90 kit and i dont have much money to spend. im talking below 100

really cheap.

shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=50+mm+nikon+&_sacat=See-All-Categories
September 11, 2009 @ 02:55 AM
Lew

any recommendations of a good lens for my xsi?

i was a lens thats sort of the jack of all trades that can be used for anything thing. specifically low light situations and daytime picsI want crisp clear quality obviously and zoom. im looking to spend under 300

I'm thinking about the www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/423714-REG/Tamron_AF016C700_17_50mm_f_2_8_XR_Di.html what do you guys think of this lens?
September 11, 2009 @ 09:56 PM
EggyStaysFresh

im in the process of buying my first DSLR camera.

i was looking at this package
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400072639854&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or i can get a d60 for around the same price but without all the extras just body and lense.

what do you guys recommend? is the d60 a huge step up from a d40?

i only wannna spend around 550 on a camera since its my first one.
September 11, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
Hamez

king- that lens might run a little short on the zoom but it looks pretty nice. i would look on flickr and see what kind of pictures it takes to see how crisp they are. i use a 17-85 for my everyday lens but its bulky and not very fast.
eggy- D40's are quality cameras and take great pics but a lot of the stuff that comes with is more than likely garbage. those filters are garbage and the tripod probably is as well. i would personally go with a nicer camera with a kit lens and go from there.
September 11, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
3 Stripes

hey guys. im taking a photography class in college. i need a 35mm cam with built in light meter, adjustable shutter speed and aperture, and manual focus. Nothing over 200 bucks. I went to a shop and they where selling me a new vivitar for 190. ive never heard of the brand or anything. So i need advice on what to get. Im only gona use it for this class and im probably going to resell it after this class. anything besides the canon ae1 with the features i mentioned? thanks for the help.
September 12, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
its_BJ

Why when people thats selling there camera tell u how many clicks is on it. is that to show the wear on it?, like miles on a car???
September 12, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
sgt H

ya i think so BJ, but hey if it still clicks then its all good razz
September 13, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
babyshoe

Why when people thats selling there camera tell u how many clicks is on it. is that to show the wear on it?, like miles on a car???

yeah, some cameras don't last that long. most people don't know what it means though. Most cameras will last 10k+ clicks. It basically is a marker of weather or not the camera needs to be serviced.
September 13, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
themessenger

Yeah It's somewhat like that.
Every DSLR has a Shutter cycle limit usually It's 100k limit. When you hit the limit It doesn't mean the shutter is going to fail. It's just an estimate for how many cycles a shutter can do before it needs to get serviced. hope that helps.
September 13, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
sgt H

question: ORDER 50MM 1.8 (NIKON) AND TIFFEN POLORIZER TODAY

yesorno
September 13, 2009 @ 11:13 PM
EggyStaysFresh

eggy- D40's are quality cameras and take great pics but a lot of the stuff that comes with is more than likely garbage. those filters are garbage and the tripod probably is as well. i would personally go with a nicer camera with a kit lens and go from there.

thanks for the advice.

ill shoot for a d60 if i can get a good deal.

anybody know any good websites for cameras besides ebay/bestbuy/newegg??
September 13, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
September 14, 2009 @ 12:46 PM
EggyStaysFresh

adorama.com / www.keh.com/onlinestore/home.aspx / www.bhphotovideo.com/

thanks for the links.

is it not a good idea to buy refurbished cameras? is it like buying a used camera from CL?
they have d60's for low prices on adorama.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD60GA.html

my bad for all the questions guy just wanna get everything cleared up before making a purchase.
September 14, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
HelenOster

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
thanks for the links.

is it not a good idea to buy refurbished cameras? is it like buying a used camera from CL?

my bad for all the questions guy just wanna get everything cleared up before making a purchase.

All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer. A refurbished unit from Adorama may be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

A refurb can also have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurbished item will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

In the past Adorama warranted Canon refurbished for 90 days; since 1st May, all Canon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 1 year return-to-Adorama warranty; 14 days from date of receipt for a full refund, and the balance for repair or replacement.

The warranty we give covers anything the manufacturers warranty covers for a new unit, including shutter defects.

All other refurbished units from Adorama Camera come with a 90-day return-to-manufacturer warranty.

I hope this helps, but do contact me, helen.oster at adoramacamera.com if you need anything else.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
September 14, 2009 @ 03:52 PM
Lew

anyone know anything about the sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5, might be my next purchase

reviews seem pretty good
September 14, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
sgt H

thanks for the links.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD60GA.html

that link doesnt even have a lens, so you wont be able to use it
September 14, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
EggyStaysFresh

that link doesnt even have a lens, so you wont be able to use it

oh your right

still looking around.
September 14, 2009 @ 07:14 PM
sgt H

i got my d60 from amazon, just the body and 18-55 was pretty good deal
September 14, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
sgt H

i really have no idea it was a few months ago, pretty cheap tho cause it didnt come with camera bag and ect.

edit: 50mm will be here Wednesday
September 15, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
prolifick21

thanks for the link, ive check ebay. I'm just having a hard time figureing out what lens with it. I know the D90 has a built in AF motor, So i can save money and one with out AF right? or will there be some that still be manual focus anyway?
September 15, 2009 @ 04:56 PM
sgt H

they still have manual focus lenses if thats what you mean

i want a 50mm AIS 1.2 :D
September 15, 2009 @ 08:33 PM
EggyStaysFresh

finally bought my d60 thanks to everyone who answered my questions and helped me out.
September 16, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
sgt H

noice m8

so bored waiting for my UPS... it comes today and they get here at 5:30pm to as late as 9:00pm(onetime)
September 16, 2009 @ 10:41 PM
Lew

damn i just figured out not a lot of people own canons here, where all my canon people?
September 17, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
jay tee

damn i just figured out not a lot of people own canons here, where all my canon people?

HEY YO KINGLEW619, IM REAL HAPPY FOR YOU. IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT NIKON MAKES SOME OF THE GREATEST CAMERAS OF ALL TIME...OF ALL TIME!

September 18, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
sc00tert00ter

best canon lens under 500? preferably macro
September 18, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
Keileo

HEY YO KINGLEW619, IM REAL HAPPY FOR YOU. IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT NIKON MAKES SOME OF THE GREATEST CAMERAS OF ALL TIME...OF ALL TIME!

lol, it doesn't matter what camera you use its how you use it...if seen some great work from regular point and shoot camera...each person is different
September 18, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
sgt H

^true, im in yearbook class at my school and they have like 5 canons but they just put it on auto and shoot away, i could probably do better with a Point and shoot than they do with the DSLR's

its just how you use it / compose a photo
September 18, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
AW

^true, im in yearbook class at my school and they have like 5 canons but they just put it on auto and shoot away, i could probably do better with a Point and shoot than they do with the DSLR's

its just how you use it / compose a photo

ya, its pretty much like that for every yr book class ive heard about. what a waste of a dslr. : (

Please login first to reply.