Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 24, 2007 @ 09:41 PM
L.A.R.93

How can I create the all white and black photos yet leave some areas with colour? thanks.
March 3, 2007 @ 05:36 PM
L.A.R.93

anyone...
March 3, 2007 @ 05:41 PM
HARTY

We'll be turning this:
img124.imageshack.us/img124/3073/originalye3.jpg
into this:
img20.imageshack.us/img20/3986/finalfs3.png
So let's begin.

Step 1: Open up the image you want to isolate the color from. For me, I'll be using the image of the roses (the colored version above.) Make sure the image layer is unlocked by double-clicking on the layer and pressing "Ok."

Step 2: The roses layer selected, go to Select -> Color Range:
img77.imageshack.us/img77/1323/step2tw6.gif

Step 3: A dialog box will appear. Where it says "Select", choose "Reds". What this is doing is telling what color should be selected. Then where it says "Image", make sure that that is selected. This tells it to select the color you chose from the image, rather than the selection.
img49.imageshack.us/img49/6629/step3aq3.png

Step 4: Press "Ok" and Photoshop will automatically select all the Red colors from the Image that you chose.
img162.imageshack.us/img162/5536/step4cg0.png

Now that you have all the red colors selected, press Ctrl + J three times. This will duplicate the red selection from the image three times. We duplicate it three times so that the red color is more vibrant than it would be if it was only duplicated once.

Step 5: Your layers palette should look like this now: img78.imageshack.us/img78/8074/step5cp5.png
Select the original roses layer and press Ctrl + Shift + U to desaturate the layer (turn it black and white.)

Step 6: Your image will now look like this: img402.imageshack.us/img402/3866/step6wr5.png
To give it a more vivid look, press Ctrl + A to select the entire canvas, then press Ctrl + Shift + C to copy all the layers as one (merged copy). Press Ctrl + V to paste the copied layer. With the layer that you just pasted selected, give it a Gaussian Blur (Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur) of about 2.7 pixels. Press "Ok". Set the blurred layer to "Overlay". Then press Ctrl + A again, Ctrl + Shift + C, and Ctrl + V to once again copy and paste all of the layers merged. Sharpen the newly copied layer (Filter -> Sharpen -> Sharpen).

img20.imageshack.us/img20/3986/finalfs3.png

You have now successfully isolated all of the red colors from the image and turned the rest black and white. You can do this with any image and for any color, just change the "Select" portion from the Color Range dialog.

a friend of mine made this, hope it helps you.
March 3, 2007 @ 05:59 PM
aziz

one above doesnt really help in most cases..only if what youre trying to leave colored is red..

there's a bunch of different ways to go about doing this. easiest way, if you've got a steady hand, is to just lasso the part you want to leave colored, and invert your selection and desaturate it..or you can use the pen tool but judging by this thread you probably don't know how to use that yet..or you can use quick mask to make your selection..press q and use the paintbrush to paint over the part you want to leave colored, press q again and desaturate the selection..
March 3, 2007 @ 06:47 PM
A.N.S.

You can use the eraser tool, too. Just make a new layer over the picture on the Layers window and fill it with Black or White using the Paint Bucket tool. After that, on the Layers window, change the 'Normal' to 'Color,' the pics' color should be Black & White. Then just use the Eraser tool to erase the part you want colored. Just adjust the size or zooming in the pic helps if the part is too small.
March 3, 2007 @ 07:03 PM
TheFly

You can do it the ghetto way too...
"Edit in Quick Mask mode" ->
Use paintbrush over the colors you want to keep ->
back to "Edit in standard mode" ->
Image->Edit->Desaturate->
Tada.
Whatever you colored in in quickmask mode should still be colored.
March 3, 2007 @ 07:40 PM
L.A.R.93

thanks a lot guys. really helpfull..Im just a noob at photoshop in trainingsmile
March 4, 2007 @ 06:52 PM
SF ftw!

you can always use the sponge tool & sponge away all the color you don't want.
March 4, 2007 @ 07:05 PM
jumpinjohn1234

sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone tell me how can I replace a blemish in the orginal photo from a spot in the photo. For example If i took a picture of a face, and there happen to be a acne spot I wanted to take out, i know theres a way where I can take a clean part from the person's face and replace it over the acne spot. That way I keep the correct skin tone of the person while covering the spot. How can I do that in cs2?

I dont want to start another "photoshop thread"
March 4, 2007 @ 07:17 PM
focus

How can I create the all white and black photos yet leave some areas with colour? thanks.

Gradient map. Then take out your brush tool, make the color is black, and then brush over the parts you want color.
March 4, 2007 @ 10:16 PM
tedrjr03

open the image,go to layers palete,click hue/saturation at bottom,move middle bar all the way to the left, use eraser to erase what u want to be color
March 4, 2007 @ 10:57 PM
aziz

sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone tell me how can I replace a blemish in the orginal photo from a spot in the photo. For example If i took a picture of a face, and there happen to be a acne spot I wanted to take out, i know theres a way where I can take a clean part from the person's face and replace it over the acne spot. That way I keep the correct skin tone of the person while covering the spot. How can I do that in cs2?

I dont want to start another "photoshop thread"

use the bandaid tool. press alt and click on a part of the skin thats..not blemished, let go of alt, brush over the blemish.
March 6, 2007 @ 02:00 AM
jumpinjohn1234

use the bandaid tool. press alt and click on a part of the skin thats..not blemished, let go of alt, brush over the blemish.

I dont like the band-aid since it doesnt always give accurate colors- anyone can answer my question ?
March 6, 2007 @ 02:02 AM
aziz

I dont like the band-aid since it doesnt always give accurate colors- anyone can answer my question ?

what? if you use it and define the source image as a spot right next to the blemish on the face where the skin is clear its exactly the same composition as it would be if the blemish werent in the original spot..
March 7, 2007 @ 01:34 AM
sNeakerBrain86

hmmm i found some links before. ill let you know

Please login first to reply.