Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 12, 2007 @ 01:33 PM
-kT

Thank you for the constructive criticism there.I think the sharpies ruined the piece because it had very thin lines before but the sharpie made them fat.Are you saying I need to make my work more legible though?Because I thought the point of it was to make it almost unreadable.And I have actually gotten my work out there but not very much.I've also done a few colored pieces on a local legal wall but this is a blackbook thread so I'll leave it.And I've still got lots of room for improvement as I only started drawing pieces a year ago(at the age of 13)and I only started painting a couple of months ago.Thanks for the comments.

The point of it is to get your name out there. Consider..you can't really get your name out there if nobody can see what you're trying to write, right?

Most it'll ever be is "Oh, it's that guy who writes stuff we can't read". NO INSULT AT ALL, but if you look at stuff like this..

You can SEE the letters. Says GEMS. Sometimes, you still can't see it, but people will see some points about it, sometimes see the name. And then, if they see another one, they'll go, oh hey, that's that other guy I saw down the street.

It pretty much all comes down to legibility. Getting up isn't gonna work if nobody can read what you're doing, right?
May 12, 2007 @ 05:08 PM
Japan4

yeah usually i cross out toys....u can just tell who they are. But technically if you can read it and yet it still has style....they arnt a toy. Plus if u can't read the burner then just read the tag. That's a dope pic tho...def saved it on my comp. : D

rilly doe?

May 12, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
-kT

yeah usually i cross out toys....u can just tell who they are. But technically if you can read it and yet it still has style....they arnt a toy. Plus if u can't read the burner then just read the tag. That's a dope pic tho...def saved it on my comp. : D

So you walk down the street, and if you see a toy tag, you whip out your marker, and cross em out?
and if you walk down the street, and you see a "toy" burner, you whip out a can of paint and just scrawl a huge X onto it?

I hope that's not what you're saying.
May 13, 2007 @ 09:34 AM
Drak

Yeah I understand what you're saying there KT.That last post came out wrong though,I didn't want to come across as annoyed.I'll try to make my work more legible in the future.
May 17, 2007 @ 12:40 AM
Theseventhletter

cool your jets turbo this thread doesnt have the intent of starting beef
May 17, 2007 @ 06:09 PM
-kT

your from san jose the fuck you know about writing

Quit trying to start shit with everyone.

I developed my handstyle largely. Pics when I can find my cell phone usb cord sad
May 20, 2007 @ 01:56 PM
grits

not to start any beef, battle, etc.

but some of you guys REALLY need to work on your writing style aka tags.

while almost all of you have great skill with pieces, lil burners and shit...i have yet to see one tag with style or any grace.

that shits your blood and signature man...gotta represent it properly.

and no, i'm not going to start up writing and battle anyone here. i haven't touched any of this since 1995. just trying to throw out a little constructive criticism.

again, most if not all have great color pieces. smile
May 20, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
LOCHNESS

Seems like we have some good argument going on in here haha. Ill try to post some stuff up in here.

I never claimed to be a good/ decent/ above average anything writer. I write because I enjoy it I stopped getting up a long time ago.

Culture it would be chill if you threw something up here for the fam sounds like you have experience and its very easy to put something up without exposing ya self.
May 21, 2007 @ 08:20 PM
Antics

yo im pretty new here on hb, not sure of the expectations of you guys here but here i go. i know this one is REAAALY sloppy , just did it like an hr ago in the car with my mom.
(a few styles)

Aaand a few hand styles if you dont mind.
Been writing for about two years now.hope you guys like it. my name varies. ketsr kets. ketsup. sad
May 22, 2007 @ 03:42 PM
MELK

your from san jose the fuck you know about writing

I know a lot about getting up bro...
Im saying there are different views of graffiti
& that taggers \ bombers \ muralists
are different catagories...
& now a days there are tons of Tag Bangers
Which isn't even writing for fame anymore

& You don't have to read what others graffiti say
just look how its painted & the effort they put in it.
the Cuts the blends The Flares The Drips Etc.
To me.. its about style
May 22, 2007 @ 08:04 PM
realignant

quick shit while taking cst.
"JASY"
May 22, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
Antics

digin the hand steez
May 22, 2007 @ 09:26 PM
Antics

. damn im sloppy. i shall start erasing all the pencil marks ahah.fucked up on the t, dont know what i was thinkin.
May 22, 2007 @ 09:37 PM
realignant

ty antics.
dope ish right up there.
makes me want to sketch something sick.
May 23, 2007 @ 11:30 AM
Drak

What pens do you lot use?You can get an almost painted look with them I'm stuck with sharpies.Your pens look alot more quality.
May 23, 2007 @ 12:06 PM
MELK

What pens do you lot use?You can get an almost painted look with them I'm stuck with sharpies.Your pens look alot more quality.

Basic Caligraphy pens \ Fine point Pens for outlines
Le plum Markers
Prisma Color Pencils
Prisma Color Markers
Deco Paint
Sometimes Sharpies.. but they bleed out of the lines

This is from Prisma Marker & Pencils & Deco Paint
GRSE Gi - Graff Idiots
May 23, 2007 @ 05:10 PM
Antics

gea im using prismas and caligraphy pens for outlines.could look ALOT better if i actually just took my time, but eh.
May 23, 2007 @ 05:27 PM
Drak

Thanks for the info but in England its hard to come across that sort of thing for a decent price.Plus we don't have all the same bands as you do.I got my sharpies from a trip to America.I'll have to get a decent set of touch markers one day.

New Sketch:

I think I made this one clearer but then made it undecipherable with the fill.I think the clouds came out great though.
May 23, 2007 @ 06:13 PM
Antics

looks decent to me, the coloring is good now find a better letter structure.sharpies arent even all that bad.used to use em all the time.
May 23, 2007 @ 08:20 PM

Inactive

May 23, 2007 @ 08:26 PM

Inactive

May 23, 2007 @ 09:12 PM
Antics

what happens when i try =/
May 28, 2007 @ 10:15 AM
creep3

Afew of my joints, to peep more check my website.

www.endpixel.net

May 28, 2007 @ 10:41 AM
Makepeace

very dope, lettering and colorways! where is the website? oh nevermind...

Bless.

May 28, 2007 @ 04:53 PM
groserloks

the only good one is loch...rest are toys. no 0ffense
May 28, 2007 @ 05:14 PM
realignant

^o rly?
show some work.
motherfucken blackbook writers!
get up, i bet you have never ever touched a can in your life.
May 28, 2007 @ 05:38 PM
-kT

^o rly?
show some work.
motherfucken blackbook writers!
get up, i bet you have never ever touched a can in your life.

again, this is the motherfucking blackbook thread. why the fuck would we post walls if it's a blackbook thread?

are you dumb?
holy hell.
May 28, 2007 @ 06:33 PM
realignant

was it intended to you!
i know its a blackbook thread.
i simply told him to show work, seeing how he's callin everyone whos contributing toys.
no offense, but your going no where with your handstyles.
even if you practice for damn years, your handstyles will not be damn worthy enough to be called tagging, yours is simply scribble-scrabble.
and if you really are into graff, put up work, blackbooks isn't really going to do you no good.
it's not for sketches, blackbooks are piece books, you piece on it, then pass it onto another GOOD writer.
i'm not talkin any shit, but it's true.

this picture says alot about what you know about graffiti.

p.s. my handwriting is better than your damn handstyle.
krEAM..UNO
May 28, 2007 @ 09:42 PM
LOCHNESS

By all means post walls itll make for a better thread. and theres shit in here way beyond what I posted I am not beyond a toy myself. Ill try to get some new things in here...
May 28, 2007 @ 11:27 PM
Third Eye Jedi

the only good one is loch...rest are toys. no 0ffense

??
what happened to the old graff thread?

Please login first to reply.