September 24, 2007 @ 06:41 PM
LOCHNESS

I try not to laugh but that was hilarious ^.

Ill shit Rok keep posting when I take pics eventually I'll get some newness in here...
September 25, 2007 @ 02:37 PM
Drak

Best shit I've seen in a while, kid can get loose

It was funny but how's that gonna help him get better?

Also I'm changing my name as I can't be Drak anymore.Any suggestions?I like all letters apart from Q X L S F N U Y T.
September 25, 2007 @ 03:55 PM
r0k

It was funny but how's that gonna help him get better?

Also I'm changing my name as I can't be Drak anymore.Any suggestions?I like all letters apart from Q X L S F N U Y T.

meh....it really depends on you and how symmetrical you want it to look really....i always liked having kick offs at the ends that could go in diff directions so you could really stretch your letters out....

but really just find a word that fits you because its most likely going to stick with you for a really long time....and regardless what you choose you can make it work if you practice.
September 25, 2007 @ 04:09 PM
Drak

Thanks but I already did that.I loved the name Drak but it was taken by a king going by the name of Drax.I thought because there was a one letter difference it was okay but apparently it wasn't according to this local writer who's had years of experience in terms of London graff.He said that you should change it because Drax is a legend and also a nutter,so I figured I had to change.I would still have Drak today if it wasn't for that.I'm just finding it real hard to think of a name as theyre always taken and with alot of the names I think of I end up not liking after about a week.

Any name suggestions are appreciated.
September 25, 2007 @ 05:56 PM
zyezye

That is SOOO true...
September 25, 2007 @ 07:52 PM
bossdonkiddavel

damn i havent picked up a pencil in so long, ive been so busy and my mind is liked so blocked right now, i would post some picks of my old black book but i just gave to my homie as a going away gift, but ill try t ofind suttin and soon as i come up with some new work ill post pics

love this thread though

peace.
September 25, 2007 @ 09:07 PM
KUSH

r0k's piece looks like its been livetrace'd in illustrator...
September 25, 2007 @ 09:13 PM
radio raheem

OTR OR KRINK?

Both *****.
September 25, 2007 @ 09:20 PM
radio raheem

[QUOTE=Advantage
September 26, 2007 @ 09:31 AM
Advantage

Umm. Do you write MAKE? I know a guy who writes MAKE and a few others who do as well. Either way that ADVANTAGE is a better name.

yea I do write Make. I didn't think it to be a common name, but I think I'm going to keep it even if there is other people who write it... I just wrote Advantage because it's my name on HB haha. It would be too long of a tag anyway. And I like the letters in MAKE
September 26, 2007 @ 09:35 AM
r0k

r0k's piece looks like its been livetrace'd in illustrator...

live traced?....meh dunno about that man....its all about inking sketches with a fine point pen....

i guess if need be i could take a picture of the actual book....
September 26, 2007 @ 12:17 PM
Drak

just thought Id post my "stash":

September 26, 2007 @ 01:01 PM
Third Eye Jedi

I agree with your statement kick.. seems like most people want to learn how to write,cause "its cool" not realising most people into graff already knew the basics when they started.

Nice stash Drak I wish I had more stuff so my sketches wouldnt look as crappy. but ive never bought any thing to use for graff and I plan on keeping it that way..
September 26, 2007 @ 04:09 PM
r0k

I agree with your statement kick.. seems like most people want to learn how to write,cause "its cool" not realising most people into graff already knew the basics when they started.

Nice stash Drak I wish I had more stuff so my sketches wouldnt look as crappy. but ive never bought any thing to use for graff and I plan on keeping it that way..

honestly the only reason to do anything is because you think its cool...its a hobby....if i thought graffiti was lame as fuck i sure wouldnt have ever started painting at all....

if your sketches look crappy it just means work harder....i like sketches just straight black ink on white paper....anything else is sort of a waste....because lets face it you arent typically going to use the sketch with anything you paint.
September 28, 2007 @ 04:02 PM
Medic

primed, lochness, and drak w/ the talent! i didnt look through every page, but i did see some other nice stuff too.
September 29, 2007 @ 12:20 AM
JStorm803

I def got some work to do lol.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

October 3, 2007 @ 12:52 PM
r0k

Figured that after all my talkin' in this thread I should post a flick. This is some of my blackbook shit...its been awhile since I picked up a pencil, I mostly street bomb. I've got styles most dudes haven't even seen...
Keep in mind, I've been writing "T-Pain" long before that dreaded, rasta *****!

psst most black books donut have 3 hole punches and lined paper smile

i'm not really sure what you mean styles most dudes havent seen...
October 3, 2007 @ 01:13 PM
s.o.d.

drak

you should check out the kings and toys video, theres a section on drax on it, really dedicated. Its got a section of a writter who passed too, he used to live in the same city as me. In your blackbook those tox reaches genuine?
October 3, 2007 @ 02:35 PM
Drak

drak

you should check out the kings and toys video, theres a section on drax on it, really dedicated. Its got a section of a writter who passed too, he used to live in the same city as me. In your blackbook those tox reaches genuine?

I wish.Nah that's just something I did for an art project on journey's.

Yeah I've seen Kings and Toys.Lots of cool interviews with DDS members.I believe it's on google video if anyone wants to watch it.

R.I.P RASE

Where you from s.o.d?I'm guessing the UK?
October 3, 2007 @ 02:54 PM
s.o.d.

hahaha, tox is mad, yeah im from Kent, used to paint a bit. You heard of HOES? or PEARS? what part of london you from? drear <3
October 3, 2007 @ 03:39 PM
Drak

I'm from East London,Leytonstone.I haven't heard of any of those guys though.

I think I'm gonna make a big post in the Graffiti pic section with loads DDS pieces.
October 7, 2007 @ 04:01 PM
That Cat

^ word
October 8, 2007 @ 02:06 PM
JStorm803

Eh, I'm working on it, this is some of my older stuff though.

October 8, 2007 @ 03:01 PM
r0k

Eh, I'm working on it, this is some of my older stuff though.

the biggest thing i can say with lettering is make sure your bars follow through

like the main backbone of that E doesn't follow straight down it kinda inverts funky....start looking at some general fonts and just emphasize the letters and make them pop...
October 9, 2007 @ 03:28 PM
Advantage

^word.
But I like how you made the words surrounding a person, making it blend in.
October 9, 2007 @ 04:07 PM
JStorm803

'Preciate the comments, I'm gonna post up some more ish as I do it.

October 10, 2007 @ 12:16 PM
r0k

'Preciate the comments, I'm gonna post up some more ish as I do it.

since its a slower day at work i fixed up the letters a little bit so you have an idea what im talking about...

ez.

October 10, 2007 @ 12:58 PM
morcel87

nice that looks pretty sick
October 10, 2007 @ 09:32 PM
wxyz

hey guys ive been doing/ trying grafitti for about a year on and off.
this is just some dinking around stuff i did durring school today. Id like to know what i can work on and stuff so your comments are welcome!

thanks!
October 10, 2007 @ 11:06 PM
Third Eye Jedi

wow the 3-d on the 2nd one is f____d up. the first one is more like it.
its ok for 1year I guess. the more you practice non-stop the better you are likely to get. time off of graffiti usually is not a good thing..

Please login first to reply.