Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 10, 2013 @ 03:18 AM

I currently have the Nikon d3000. But I just find the low light quality of pictures kinda lacking no matter how I configure it. Also the megapixel is only 10.1. I recently just bought the Sony nex f3 and its a great camera overall, but some photos I'm kinda having a harder time to focus. The Sony is only a micro 4/3 so it's not as versatile as a dslr. I'm just not too sure whether I should keep the Sony and sell the Nikon d3000 on Craigslist, or should I just return the Sony
May 19, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
dougphotos

sell both and buy a d7000. end of story.
August 12, 2013 @ 06:42 AM
todfu

Low light performance costs $$$. If you have lots of money to spend, no problem. If you're on a budget, you might look at other options. The NEX cameras are great, but the lenses suck. Way too slow, especially for low light situations. That goes for all the Sony cameras - from NEX to A99.  If you need a full DSLR system, the newer models might meet your needs. If you want to stick to 4/3, look at the Olympus OMD E-5 or the Fuji X100s. Both are good values for the money. You can always search by camera type on Flickr and see if you can find some high ISO/ low light photos from the cameras you're considering and see how they stack up. dpreview.com is also an excellent resource for researching cameras before you buy. Depending on where you live, you might also consider renting the camera before you buy. I'm lucky enough to live near a "borrowlenses.com" location where I regularly rent gear that I'm thinking about buying. Good luck.
August 12, 2013 @ 06:44 AM
todfu

I guess I forgot to specify which lenses would be good for indoor / low light shooting. Look for lenses with an f stop of f2.8 or lower. f3.5 and above are not going to provide good results using natural light during indoor shoots.

Please login first to reply.