tips on taking pics

October 08, 2006 @ 16:44:12 PM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
im in yearbook and i basically need some good tips on how to take pictures

UCSB.

October 11, 2006 @ 18:51:18 PM
Post: 44
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: south belfast
1) get camera
2) load film (b+w of course its yearbook)
3) turn on camera
4) point at persons bake
5) if they are ugly dont tell them
6) press big button
7) repeat 100 or so times
smokeyface transfer the job onto a nerd, if u aint one yourself
9) holla
October 11, 2006 @ 20:32:13 PM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
Ty ur tips teally helped&) &) &)

UCSB.

October 11, 2006 @ 23:34:26 PM
Post: 172
Join Date: Jun 2006
angle + perspective (add depth)
October 12, 2006 @ 18:35:59 PM
Post: 364
Join Date: Jul 2006
Originally posted by Inactive User
im in yearbook and i basically need some good tips on how to take pictures


take pics of what?
portraits, candid shots, sports, etc?
you have to be far more specific when asking for help.
October 14, 2006 @ 01:41:15 AM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
candid shots

UCSB.

November 02, 2006 @ 21:27:04 PM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
help plz!

UCSB.

November 03, 2006 @ 09:29:54 AM
Post: 1343
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: vancouver
go read some books.
November 03, 2006 @ 23:47:02 PM
Post: 268
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: nyshitty
you guys are so unhelpful
November 04, 2006 @ 17:34:01 PM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
Originally posted by Inactive User
go read some books.


why? i hate reading books plus this is an art/ PHOTAGRAPHY section

are u gonna tell the nike section to go read a magazine a bout shoes no...

and this is what it says under the forum...Discussion of art from Piscasso to Futura. Also, share your photographs or get tips to take better pictures.

UCSB.

November 05, 2006 @ 02:07:40 AM
Post: 1285
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Originally posted by Inactive User
why? i hate reading books plus this is an art/ PHOTAGRAPHY section

are u gonna tell the nike section to go read a magazine a bout shoes no...

and this is what it says under the forum...Discussion of art from Piscasso to Futura. Also, share your photographs or get tips to take better pictures.


that may be the case, but reading books about this will help you greatly. plus, reading may help your attitude. theyre just trying to help. no need to be a smart ass.
November 07, 2006 @ 21:44:28 PM
Post: 1862
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: toe ron toe
For candids? Just walk around and make sure your camera is on and in hand. Watch for kids to be doing stupid shit.
November 07, 2006 @ 21:46:39 PM
Post: 19
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on vacation in cali for a month, BUT FROM MIAMI!!! GO MIAMI!!
i suck at pic taking
November 07, 2006 @ 22:05:07 PM
Post: 1356
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston/Philly
for candids, try and really keep them from knowing you're taking them
November 08, 2006 @ 14:02:31 PM
Post: 13
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: D.C.
Learn about depth of field for this type. Get a good focus on the subject as to direct the readers attention mainly to that spot/that subject.

Get them in their element, so as not to look staged.

If you are not too familiar with your camera either learn about exposures, or get a general overview and use the bracketing feature if there is one, so you get a range of exposures and can pick the best one.

Most of all familiarize yourself with your camera so that these actions come natural when in the field.

Hope this helps some!
November 10, 2006 @ 01:04:21 AM

Inactive User

make sure they dont notice your taking the pictures so they act normally to really capture "campus life"
November 14, 2006 @ 17:59:44 PM
Post: 8230
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brooklyn New York City Where They Paint Murals Of Biggie
though i dont have photoshop ive found a program on my computer called photoimpression(lol copyright infringement) and ive been experimenting in it now i just wanted to know as far as taking pictures of graffiti murals and sneakers what should i do to make the colors more vibrant and camera placement for portraits ( or stil lifes ?) ) of shoes al a' djbooduh any help would be greatly appreciated and kennmon i tried to be as specific as possible
thanks
November 21, 2006 @ 21:33:36 PM
Post: 13
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: D.C.
To start, mess with the photo's levels, and the contrast of the colors to make them stand out more.

For taking stills of sneakers make sure you light the still life, try putting them on a background that is all one solid color. Also, experiment with zooming in on the sneaks, changing angles, and focusing on specific parts of interest of the sneaker to peak the "reader/viewers" interest. This will actually add elements to the photo that will have more than just sneaker heads lookin'.

Post up some more questions developing from here, and some samples of what you've done with this project so far for critique.

Hope this helps a bit!
November 21, 2006 @ 23:25:43 PM
Post: 1343
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: vancouver
Originally posted by Inactive User
why? i hate reading books plus this is an art/ PHOTAGRAPHY section

are u gonna tell the nike section to go read a magazine a bout shoes no...

and this is what it says under the forum...Discussion of art from Piscasso to Futura. Also, share your photographs or get tips to take better pictures.


dunkpunk i am gonna tell you something right now i am learning from a very good book right now on photography and from just experimenting.. but this book is called photography school by Micheal Freeman..this book is amazing! i recommend this, but good luck finding it.. its a really old book, and slightly rare. my dad gave it to me soo.. yea but no need to be a smart ass.. like vans said reading helps alot too.. ahah by us giving you tips on the forum your reading. so reading a book on photography your also reading tips, but the stuff is achually published.
November 22, 2006 @ 00:07:19 AM
Post: 8230
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brooklyn New York City Where They Paint Murals Of Biggie
Originally posted by Inactive User
To start, mess with the photo's levels, and the contrast of the colors to make them stand out more.

For taking stills of sneakers make sure you light the still life, try putting them on a background that is all one solid color. Also, experiment with zooming in on the sneaks, changing angles, and focusing on specific parts of interest of the sneaker to peak the "reader/viewers" interest. This will actually add elements to the photo that will have more than just sneaker heads lookin'.

Post up some more questions developing from here, and some samples of what you've done with this project so far for critique.

Hope this helps a bit!

thanks ill be taking some pics when i get my rebel in a few weeks
November 22, 2006 @ 00:27:41 AM
Post: 4186
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
Originally posted by Inactive User
dunkpunk i am gonna tell you something right now i am learning from a very good book right now on photography and from just experimenting.. but this book is called photography school by Micheal Freeman..this book is amazing! i recommend this, but good luck finding it.. its a really old book, and slightly rare. my dad gave it to me soo.. yea but no need to be a smart ass.. like vans said reading helps alot too.. ahah by us giving you tips on the forum your reading. so reading a book on photography your also reading tips, but the stuff is achually published.


im not being a smart ass im stating the obvious

EDIT: but sure why not ill check out the bookblushing

UCSB.

November 22, 2006 @ 00:57:58 AM
Post: 1285
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Originally posted by Inactive User
dunkpunk i am gonna tell you something right now i am learning from a very good book right now on photography and from just experimenting.. but this book is called photography school by Micheal Freeman..this book is amazing! i recommend this, but good luck finding it.. its a really old book, and slightly rare. my dad gave it to me soo.. yea but no need to be a smart ass.. like vans said reading helps alot too.. ahah by us giving you tips on the forum your reading. so reading a book on photography your also reading tips, but the stuff is achually published.


oh, that book, u can get for about 10 bucks at amazon.com GREAT book.
November 22, 2006 @ 01:05:11 AM
Post: 1343
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: vancouver
really now?..are you sure your not talking about the Digital one by him..i am talking about the oldschool 35mm film one publish in 1982.

cool dunkpunk blushing
November 22, 2006 @ 21:14:06 PM
Post: 8230
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brooklyn New York City Where They Paint Murals Of Biggie
im just going to buy a camera ( a rebel) and a book on photography and run with it and experiment my ass off
November 23, 2006 @ 01:19:38 AM
Post: 1343
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: vancouver
dope good luck!
November 24, 2006 @ 20:27:43 PM
Post: 8230
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brooklyn New York City Where They Paint Murals Of Biggie
Originally posted by Inactive User
dope good luck!

thanks ill need it
Please login first to reply.
x