Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 8, 2006 @ 04:44 PM
DunkPunk

im in yearbook and i basically need some good tips on how to take pictures

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

October 11, 2006 @ 06:51 PM
HostileProduct

1) get camera
2) load film (b+w of course its yearbook)
3) turn on camera
4) point at persons bake
5) if they are ugly dont tell them
6) press big button
7) repeat 100 or so times
cool transfer the job onto a nerd, if u aint one yourself
9) holla
October 11, 2006 @ 08:32 PM
DunkPunk

Ty ur tips teally helped&) &) &)

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

October 11, 2006 @ 11:34 PM
alkh3m15t

angle + perspective (add depth)
October 12, 2006 @ 06:35 PM
kennmon

im in yearbook and i basically need some good tips on how to take pictures

take pics of what?
portraits, candid shots, sports, etc?
you have to be far more specific when asking for help.
October 14, 2006 @ 01:41 AM
DunkPunk

candid shots

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

November 2, 2006 @ 09:27 PM
DunkPunk

help plz!

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

November 3, 2006 @ 09:29 AM
Jolin

go read some books.
November 3, 2006 @ 11:47 PM
COCO

you guys are so unhelpful
November 4, 2006 @ 05:34 PM
DunkPunk

go read some books.

why? i hate reading books plus this is an art/ PHOTAGRAPHY section

are u gonna tell the nike section to go read a magazine a bout shoes no...

and this is what it says under the forum...Discussion of art from Piscasso to Futura. Also, share your photographs or get tips to take better pictures.

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

November 5, 2006 @ 02:07 AM
-NegRepBandit

and this is what it says under the forum...Discussion of art from Piscasso to Futura. Also, share your photographs or get tips to take better pictures.

that may be the case, but reading books about this will help you greatly. plus, reading may help your attitude. theyre just trying to help. no need to be a smart ass.
November 7, 2006 @ 09:44 PM
ahhhrt

For candids? Just walk around and make sure your camera is on and in hand. Watch for kids to be doing stupid shit.
November 7, 2006 @ 09:46 PM
FaPeHaTeZ

i suck at pic taking
November 7, 2006 @ 10:05 PM
Freshcity

for candids, try and really keep them from knowing you're taking them
November 8, 2006 @ 02:02 PM
Obs

Learn about depth of field for this type. Get a good focus on the subject as to direct the readers attention mainly to that spot/that subject.

Get them in their element, so as not to look staged.

If you are not too familiar with your camera either learn about exposures, or get a general overview and use the bracketing feature if there is one, so you get a range of exposures and can pick the best one.

Most of all familiarize yourself with your camera so that these actions come natural when in the field.

Hope this helps some!
November 10, 2006 @ 01:04 AM

Inactive

make sure they dont notice your taking the pictures so they act normally to really capture "campus life"
November 14, 2006 @ 05:59 PM
Theseventhletter

though i dont have photoshop ive found a program on my computer called photoimpression(lol copyright infringement) and ive been experimenting in it now i just wanted to know as far as taking pictures of graffiti murals and sneakers what should i do to make the colors more vibrant and camera placement for portraits ( or stil lifes confused ) of shoes al a' djbooduh any help would be greatly appreciated and kennmon i tried to be as specific as possible
thanks
November 21, 2006 @ 09:33 PM
Obs

To start, mess with the photo's levels, and the contrast of the colors to make them stand out more.

For taking stills of sneakers make sure you light the still life, try putting them on a background that is all one solid color. Also, experiment with zooming in on the sneaks, changing angles, and focusing on specific parts of interest of the sneaker to peak the "reader/viewers" interest. This will actually add elements to the photo that will have more than just sneaker heads lookin'.

Post up some more questions developing from here, and some samples of what you've done with this project so far for critique.

Hope this helps a bit!
November 21, 2006 @ 11:25 PM
Jolin

dunkpunk i am gonna tell you something right now i am learning from a very good book right now on photography and from just experimenting.. but this book is called photography school by Micheal Freeman..this book is amazing! i recommend this, but good luck finding it.. its a really old book, and slightly rare. my dad gave it to me soo.. yea but no need to be a smart ass.. like vans said reading helps alot too.. ahah by us giving you tips on the forum your reading. so reading a book on photography your also reading tips, but the stuff is achually published.
November 22, 2006 @ 12:07 AM
Theseventhletter

To start, mess with the photo's levels, and the contrast of the colors to make them stand out more.

For taking stills of sneakers make sure you light the still life, try putting them on a background that is all one solid color. Also, experiment with zooming in on the sneaks, changing angles, and focusing on specific parts of interest of the sneaker to peak the "reader/viewers" interest. This will actually add elements to the photo that will have more than just sneaker heads lookin'.

Post up some more questions developing from here, and some samples of what you've done with this project so far for critique.

Hope this helps a bit!

thanks ill be taking some pics when i get my rebel in a few weeks
November 22, 2006 @ 12:27 AM
DunkPunk

dunkpunk i am gonna tell you something right now i am learning from a very good book right now on photography and from just experimenting.. but this book is called photography school by Micheal Freeman..this book is amazing! i recommend this, but good luck finding it.. its a really old book, and slightly rare. my dad gave it to me soo.. yea but no need to be a smart ass.. like vans said reading helps alot too.. ahah by us giving you tips on the forum your reading. so reading a book on photography your also reading tips, but the stuff is achually published.

im not being a smart ass im stating the obvious

EDIT: but sure why not ill check out the booksmile

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

November 22, 2006 @ 12:57 AM
-NegRepBandit

oh, that book, u can get for about 10 bucks at amazon.com GREAT book.
November 22, 2006 @ 01:05 AM
Jolin

really now?..are you sure your not talking about the Digital one by him..i am talking about the oldschool 35mm film one publish in 1982.

cool dunkpunk smile
November 22, 2006 @ 09:14 PM
Theseventhletter

im just going to buy a camera ( a rebel) and a book on photography and run with it and experiment my ass off
November 23, 2006 @ 01:19 AM
Jolin

dope good luck!
November 24, 2006 @ 08:27 PM
Theseventhletter

dope good luck!

thanks ill need it

Please login first to reply.