September 11, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
kxnny

I want to start getting into photography. I've always kinda been it photo stuff and know some people ( but not really) that are heavy into it but ive never really gotten into it myself. Im looking to buy a camera and start taking photos but i dont know much anything and dont know where to start so if anyone has any advice that would be great. I want to buy a decent camera but i dont have much to spend so a good but cheap camera would do. Thanks
September 11, 2012 @ 11:22 AM
laxlife1234

I sure people will recommend a film camera, but I won't. Buy a used T3i or something to learn. If you're serious about getting into photography you'll learn how to use the camera - not just knowingnhow to use the same, I mean using it fully in manual and getting to learn how to. Depending on your budget, I say go digital first then when you learn how to use the camera instead of a film camera and wasting money on film trying to expose properly, then get a cheap film camera so you learn how to compose images better and it's definitely more fun.

Anyways, if your budget is around $1k I'd say go for a T4i. If its about $500-700 look at a D5100, D3200, or T3i. If its lower you can look into an XTi, T2i, D3100.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

September 14, 2012 @ 02:48 PM
awwsheeet

dont buy shit yet

1) find pics you like
2) find out who took them
3) study these dudes
4) ask questions
5) get a free digital camera
6) fuck with it like how they did it.or do your own thing
September 14, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
TheRealJoeBiden

dont buy shit yet

1) find pics you like
2) find out who took them
3) study these dudes
4) ask questions
5) get a free digital camera
6) fuck with it like how they did it.or do your own thing

This. I saw Sagan Lockhart's photos, emailed him, got some info about his camera/film, and went from there.

Please login first to reply.