July 20, 2012 @ 10:30 PM
itsjonnyyabish

I know one of you fiends have to know some good tips for tagging? Any help? confused
July 31, 2012 @ 12:11 PM
OG_ENABLE

This is one of those things you really have to learn on your own. But what do you need help in?! Markers?
July 31, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
aldrxn

Develop your own handstyle. Keep writing.
July 31, 2012 @ 02:31 PM
johnbos

Bomb during the day, not the night.
And dont dress like stereotypical writer.

IG: @johnbos2001

July 31, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
overdrive

I know one of you fiends have to know some good tips for tagging? Any help? confused

stop writing
July 31, 2012 @ 02:49 PM
supremeb4nine4

dont get caught

life

August 1, 2012 @ 04:43 AM
guyitsmathew

start simple and stay simple, do simple letters dont try to add style so much.. style takes time to develop.. buy a notebook with lines and just fill it up only with tags. practice writing your tag over and over and over and over till you get sick of it... eventually over time you will develop your own handstyle. go outside and look at other tags to get influenced but don't bite...... the best thing about tags is like johnbos said you can do that shit during the day

most importantly
dont rush yourself to go out and bomb everywhere until you have solid handstyle and your comfortable with your own tag

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

August 1, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
teows

I mean personally, I think it's alright to bite off of a couple people's handstyles starting out. I won't lie, when I started writing I mimicked Surgen. You're just practicing pen/can control. Eventually you're going to branch out and do different things.
August 1, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
craigsagersuit

how do yall get to some of these places doe??

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 1, 2012 @ 01:40 PM
cadenza

- Dont bite other writers, ESPECIALLY well known local ones. Taking influence is ok, little bits of fill, 3d, drop shadow, highlights, bands etc. Biting handstyles, names, letterforms, crew styles is not.
- Dont wander the streets at night dressed like fucking Marc Ecko, dress normal, go bombing during the day and keep it quick and simple.
- Keep your house, clothes, and hard drive clean.
- If you get arrested the only words you need to know and say are NO COMMENT. The fact youre being interviewed means the police dont have enough evidence to charge you outright. Keep your mouth shut and you'll be out in a few hours.
-Dont tell everyone youre a graffiti writer, dont tag your workbooks if youre still in school. Keep it to yourself or within your group of friends.
-Dont post every single shitty sketch you do on Flickr or Instagram, keep it to yourself until someone you arent friends with says its good enough.
-Dont bomb other writers brushup or backgrounds of their pieces, dont do chromes next to other crews or 'cling' near to other peoples graf.
-You WILL fuck up eventually and you will get punched, and you may get lined or bombed out, get over it and carry on.
August 1, 2012 @ 04:27 PM
jcalifornia

you shouldn't be painting or even tagging with markers (illegally that is) until you you're a blackbook champion. Develop a solid handstyle, find a name in which you think flows well for you, and start doing block letters / simples, as well as working with bars to make your letters and developing them further... for example:

you NEED to master this.. you must get into the habit of using "bars" to create your letters correctly. This is one of the things that if you want to get "good" at, you must be persistent, practice every day in order to get better and better. Be patient and smart.
August 1, 2012 @ 04:54 PM
REVS

Damn. First page. This shit is all my own opinion, other people who write will have different views.

So this is just some of the shit I picked up when I use to paint. First thing's first, the tools you need. Alot of people are down to rack shit from home depot, walmart, etc. Low end paint brands like krylon. I personally think the shit sucks, the caps blow and you don't get dick for coverage. I use to get all my supplies off artprimo or a shop in Philly, if I had to recommend some paint, I'd have to go with Low pressure Molotov, or Montana 94. You get great coverage, easy spray, just good paint. Comes in alot of different colors, really good for pieces. As far as caps go I always used males, usually fat caps to just do a tag, but with a piece I usually used a slim cap so it looks more accurate. Don't just go out and tag places where other people are painting, espically if you're pretty new to writing. Hit the blackbook for a while, then go to places that no one sees or goes to, during the day, take your time, and work on YOUR OWN STYLE. Don't bite shit.

If you're looking for markers, ink, shit like that. One word - Krink. Really nice the nibs on the markers are pretty nice, holds up pretty good. Pilot markers are good too, but they're thick as fuck and they really smell. But I usually didn't waste money on shit like that because I wasn't into doing small scribble shit on like doors and buses.

As far as gear to bring with you when you go out and paint, plain backpack, with only your supplies in the bag, no licence, no id, no nothing. Basically I'm saying if it came down to it, you can ditch the backpack without having someone find it and knowing it was yours. Like some other people said, no shit on your computer, no shit in your house, just keep a neat clean blackbook somewhere. Don't be a dipshit posting all your pieces online, that shit is gay and fucking stupid.

I got caught about 4 years ago, it was my first offense and I really didn't paint anywhere where it was a huge problem, so I only had to do community service. Be smart, and be safe, espically if you're painting in a city. NY, LA, Philly, etc. After I got caught, I slowed down a bit, really don't paint anymore.

Also, whenever I painted I had my buddy come along, just to watch out, have some company, etc. I really never painted by myself, nor did I find people who painted. Hope some of this shit helps. Sorry it was a bit long. Good luck. cool

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

August 6, 2012 @ 01:33 AM
REVS

Sorry I felt the need to post again. Start watching at 1:35 to like 4:12 Shit like that does happen. My buddy's friend was a dipshit and painted over some dudes roller in a crew and got his face beat to shit. Real crews in NY and LA don't fuck with people painting over their shit. There are a fuck ton of writers in big citys, and alot of writers means people will try to paint over other peoples shit because good spots are limited. Be smart man.

I use to live in Pittsburgh, which, in my opinion is one of the best cities to paint in, alot of bridges, in fact, I believe Pittsburgh has the most bridges in America, this, combined with it being a small city, means alot of places to paint, without the huge amount of people trying to hit them, there were only a few main crews in Pittsburgh, NSF, JYK, MHA and alot of the dudes in different crews were cool with each other, but I never knew any of them, just heard this.

One of my favorite writers in Pitt was Mook who hit the 10th street bridge, piss drunk one night.

Just to put it into perspective, this is the bridge.

He climbed up to the top of it, painted this, which is actually big as fuck in like real life, then climbed back down and didn't get caught that night. But obviously later on he did get caught and got jail time. This tag was painted atleast 9 years ago, I was in Pitt yesterday and it is still there. One of his few tags left.

It's really fun to paint, I'm not going to lie, but you really do need to be smart, cause alot can go wrong, but if you plan out spots to hit, do the work, it can be really cool. Again, sorry for the long post, this is just a topic that I could talk about for days on end. Haha.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

August 11, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
overdrive

@ 4.10 suprised
August 19, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
pattshreds

dont get too fancy, simple cleaner lines look better than exaggerated overlapping letterforms. especially when youre new to tagging.

SUPREME MECHANICS JACKET FOR SALE. RED, M. we flex like 90 px || instagram: pattshreds ||

August 19, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
♥♥♥♥☮☮☮☮☮♥♥♥♥♥⚐⚑☺☺☺

Who writes with paint markers?
Not like krink or mops... but those sharpie paint markers, i used to... that's some toy shit, all its good for is tagging little tiny gay shit... do you, but its not my thing..

https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami MY MUSIC---

August 19, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
♥♥♥♥☮☮☮☮☮♥♥♥♥♥⚐⚑☺☺☺

Sorry I felt the need to post again. Start watching at 1:35 to like 4:12 Shit like that does happen. My buddy's friend was a dipshit and painted over some dudes roller in a crew and got his face beat to shit. Real crews in NY and LA don't fuck with people painting over their shit. There are a fuck ton of writers in big citys, and alot of writers means people will try to paint over other peoples shit because good spots are limited. Be smart man.

I use to live in Pittsburgh, which, in my opinion is one of the best cities to paint in, alot of bridges, in fact, I believe Pittsburgh has the most bridges in America, this, combined with it being a small city, means alot of places to paint, without the huge amount of people trying to hit them, there were only a few main crews in Pittsburgh, NSF, JYK, MHA and alot of the dudes in different crews were cool with each other, but I never knew any of them, just heard this.

One of my favorite writers in Pitt was Mook who hit the 10th street bridge, piss drunk one night.

Just to put it into perspective, this is the bridge.

He climbed up to the top of it, painted this, which is actually big as fuck in like real life, then climbed back down and didn't get caught that night. But obviously later on he did get caught and got jail time. This tag was painted atleast 9 years ago, I was in Pitt yesterday and it is still there. One of his few tags left.

It's really fun to paint, I'm not going to lie, but you really do need to be smart, cause alot can go wrong, but if you plan out spots to hit, do the work, it can be really cool. Again, sorry for the long post, this is just a topic that I could talk about for days on end. Haha.

aaah a nigga bleedin out his eye

https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami MY MUSIC---

August 20, 2012 @ 03:55 PM
threesicksteez

stay creative. But more importantly DON'T SNITCH and DON'T BLOW UP SPOTS. And don't bother with montana or other good paint while your still toy cuz its a waste.
August 22, 2012 @ 02:36 PM
awwsheeet

"toy"
September 20, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
evomase

nice

Please login first to reply.