July 9, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
robbieast

How can i get good at drawing? i'm a complete noob at art, and have the skills equivalent to a 1st grader.

Do you guys have any guidlines, tips, or advice to get me started?
I really like __Nicholas's stuff in the blackbook thread. Like his stuff is random and creative. I want to make random art like he does, but i dont think i have the creativity to think of stuff like that off the top of my head. here's some of nicholas stuff pusted in blackbook thread

But, what i really wanna do is learn to paint, but i feel like you need to learn how to draw before painting?
how does one get into painting?
July 10, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
Brosef

Just do it really, that's all there is to it to be honest. Just start drawing a few things a day everyday. Don't listen to people who say copying shit is fucked up. You're a starting artist you're not ALWAYS going to be able to draw something from the ol noodle. If you see something you like, fucking draw it, see more shit you like? Draw that too, and eventually you'll stop doing that so much and you'll draw what you want because you CAN draw what you want. I started out drawing 3 things a day for months on end, and I've gone through about 3 sketch books since I started and I look back and it's pretty funny. As they say practice makes perfect.

Please login first to reply.