Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 1, 2012 @ 07:20 PM
missy.

^ uh.. ok. this has been thought up since april 9, yo.

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

June 1, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
__Nicholas

yo im definitely down as an artist! is the zine gonna be color? also do you know what size each page is going to be? is everyone who contributes gonna get a copy? is each person going to get one page, or two, or is that undecided? stoked..
June 1, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
missy.

LOL nicholas.

we have to figure out if we can even print it but i was down to do just a regular sized "magazine" we can decide on all that later .... color would be dope. but if we cant cuz of funding, we can always do a digital one (i doooo want a printed one tho T_T)

again, the layout and contents and my goals for that will be explained on monday. i'm so happy there's such a huge turnout of people interested <3

June 1, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
bernardtheblack

I'm in.
June 1, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
AfroNinja

I'd like to contribute towards art, I have many acrylic paintings that I could submit.
June 1, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
Principal Buttsavage

I'm in too. I can contribute to the drawing section with paintings.
June 1, 2012 @ 08:37 PM

Inactive

I can contribute writing and photos

www.badpanthers.com www.flickr.com/photos/badpanthers

June 2, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
cestlavie

well, if you want, i am really good with photoshop, i could be a great effort.
June 2, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
WE DONDA.

i wanna help with pictures
929 is NOT TO BE TRUSTED

lool.
June 3, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
vonluden

yo i wanna get it in on some art!

this shit should get printed it could actually turn into something.
June 3, 2012 @ 09:46 AM
missy.

turn into what? i think it's fair if all of us gets a copy if we choose to print it out but if you guys want and we can all pitch in, we could make more.

i dont plan on "selling" anything cuz i wasn't looking to make a profit if that was also something else you guys were thinking.

June 3, 2012 @ 03:14 PM

Inactive

nice idea, claire, but do you have any real 'aesthetic' in mind for the zine? or is this gonna be "mindfully disparate" (dunno how else to phrase it)?
June 3, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
missy.

^ both! why not both, eh?

June 3, 2012 @ 06:28 PM
vonluden

nah not like making a profit just getting it out to alot of people.
June 5, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
missy.

I made a post but had to leave for family dinner so I'll have that up tonight! Don't think I forgot about you guys. Still with fam

June 5, 2012 @ 06:25 AM
missy.

Alright guys.

Let me tell you guys again one more time what I expect of this Zine.
I want this to be as open and free amongst us to work in anyway you want. This summer shall be the summer of chances, growth, experimentation, and collaboration. I don't know if you guys have ever collaborated before but now could def be a good time. Or, if you've ever wanted to try a new style out or rediscover an old one, this is your chance as well.
The point is, do something this summer. Whether it be crap or not, that's the whole point of experimenting, then you grow, learn, and try again.

For the making of this zine, there shall be two parts.

First, the first half of summer will be us working individually, collaborating with someone, or collaborating with a group. You have the option to say yes or no, but please don't be afraid to ask other people to work with them. I have listed everyones name (that I know), username (linked to their profile so you can message them), their website with their work (if they have one) and the categories they've been placed in [here]. I will continue to add until everyone's given me their info. If there's no website, again.. Don't hesitate to ask or message the person.

This is the time you'll be doing most of your actual work in your medium. I won't be bothering you guys but I do expect you all to be done by the time the second half of summer comes.

I also don't care what you come up with. If you've been meaning to start a new project, take advantage of this opportunity.

Entry dates shall be July 8 - July 14.

Second, the second half of summer will be all of us collaborating in the process of making the actual zine with layout and content. Like mentioned before, the entire zine doesn't have to be like a photobook (single images or one persons work on one page) since all our styles are different. So if decided, you have the choice to "collage" your work with others if you haven't worked with them, "collage" your work with whoever you collaborated with, or have your work on a single page. Placement and whatnot can be discussed here but pretty much, this part of the project is open ended. =T frustrating, I know but again.. All our styles are different.

OR, we can even choose to work in smaller groups to develop various pages together.

This is also where I need everyone pulling their weight. Again, I don't want to be putting all this together by myself. What you do in your own art process making is your business but this part of making the zine is the group part.

There are ways of making this work for all of us to collaborate in some way since all of us are in different areas of the world. I suggest skype, oovoo, or even tinychat (since nothing is needed to DL and it's possible to "view someones screen" there if you know how). I'll also make a separate entry thread for the photos, artwork, and writing if you guys don't mind it being seen by everyone else (in the future). I'll even ask the mods to delete any retarded posts irrelevant to the actual project. OR i can just have you guys email me errthang (so it's a more higher resolution file? )

Zine finish date? Hopefully by End of August/Early Sept.

--

sorry it's long... T_T pm me or post if you're confused or have any questions.

June 5, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
missy.

tl;dr?

idgaf what you do, just do work and hand it in in a thread (or possibly email) by july 8 - 14 then get ready to do collab work with everyone and finish by end of august/sept.

June 5, 2012 @ 07:44 AM
missy.

ideas on how to work together?

-photography and graphic designer can work on mixing a photo with digital artwork on top.

-two drawing artists can maybe scan and send an illustration to one another and draw from there.

-a writer can write about another's work or an artist can paint a picture of a writers work.

i know that doing this may be hard and not everyone might not be able to collab but these are jsut ideas. we dont have to collab with one another in the first half. just making it an option.

June 5, 2012 @ 07:45 AM
ignorantian

i dont take pictures lol i was gonna write something
June 5, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
missy.

fixed

June 5, 2012 @ 08:00 AM
ak

If anybody is willing to do double exposure experiment for the collab part, I'm down. Basically I finish a roll and send it to you, you pull out the leader in a darkroom, load it up and shoot over what I shot or vice versa. I think that would be pretty cool.
June 5, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
BKBROWN

If anybody is willing to do double exposure experiment for the collab part, I'm down. Basically I finish a roll and send it to you, you pull out the leader in a darkroom, load it up and shoot over what I shot or vice versa. I think that would be pretty cool.

i'm down

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

June 7, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
bernardtheblack

So are we going to do one layout throughout the book, one layout for each of the 3 sections(art,writing,and photography) or is it going to be up to the person who contributes how there work will be displayed?
June 7, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
missy.

the entire layout of the zine can be mixed up however much anyone wants. so yes, the ladder of your entire question is the answer "up to the person who contributes how their work will be displayed"

if you want yours on a specific page a specific way, thats fine
if you dont care where yours goes, thats fine.. at least help with the layout of it.
if you want yours to be collaged, thats fine.

i've also done a mural where i had to put several different pieces (from like 17 or so students) onto a single mural all collaged together. if you guys can, mock up drawings of your collaged work can be made (with who you collaborated) or even i can help with that. (only an example)

cestlavie is willing to help with the overall zine layout (he's a graphic designer) so we can also ask him for help when the second half of this project comes up..

--

an example of collab work: me and wowdamelms are doing ink/watercolor so we might combine our characters or styles in some way.

--

again, take advantage of all the people you have working with us on this project. network. ask for advice. get help. suggestions. we're all working together so don't be afraid, kaaay :D

June 8, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
madhaussss

do we have to collab? I'd much rather just take some really dope pictures and send them in.
June 8, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
missy.

nah you dont have to

June 14, 2012 @ 08:03 PM
Space Dandy

suspended

bump
June 15, 2012 @ 08:45 AM
mn

Great idea, I would also like to contribute some photography. Also, cool that the layout can be different from project / contributor to project / contributor. I'll make sure to come up with something nice.
What dimensions should the pages have? And what about the amount / extend of everybody's contribution?

I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get hard copies of the whole thing. In my opinion that's way better than just digital issues. Are you familiar with MagCloud?

Looking forward to see everybody's work!
June 15, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
BKBROWN

If we use magcloud, then i suggest this because it's cheaper than the standard option

"5.5 x 8.5” or 8.5 x 5.5” page size"
at 300 dpi that is 2550 x 1650 pixels

now should we do landscape or portrait orientation?

edit: http://www.magcloud.com/help/faq/item/1121

photoshop users

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

June 17, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
missy.

hmmm i'll look into it. i'm using my store's computer right now cuz the internet at home isn't working but thanks thanks for being on this guize <3

Please login first to reply.