Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 24, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
feelscollective

I got in with a portfolio with some of my photography from the past year in it. I'm still trying to figure out if this is right for me as a career, or if I should go into integrated media (film) instead. Here are some of the photos.
May 24, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
Stellar

Fix the pictures bro

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

May 24, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
jacobsever

My friend graduated from Brooks Institute of Photography like 4 years ago, hasn't had shit for work since.

May 24, 2012 @ 12:16 PM
feelscollective

Here, I made a tumblr with the pictures on it. Hopefully it works.
2012 Photography
September 20, 2012 @ 07:48 AM
evomase

nice
September 26, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
Black Donald Trump

I go to art school and am pretty confident i will find good work after graduating. you just have to be smart, work hard and make yourself marketable. the whole starving artist stereotype is kind of skewed. for one thing, a lot of art types aren't really interested in making a lot of money, as apposed to a business major who obviously is. If you want to make money at it, it is definitely possible. im applying at a motion graphics firm right now that is grossing a mill+ per month and is literally turning away customers because they dont have the manpower for the work, and this is after drastically raising prices and hiring freelancers all over the world. at the same time, my dad has an MBA and has been in and out of work for the past 8-10 years or so. I dont know what the photography field is by my suggestion would be to diversify your studies a bit. at my school the photo department is huge and honestly it is is not a difficult craft, so i would imagine there is a huge supply of photographers out there. in addition to photography you should study video, graphic design, and web design. make yourself stand out. if you are smart about it and driven you can be successful at it.
September 28, 2012 @ 11:53 AM
365Hustle

For things like photography and that. I don't think you need university for - to me your portolio is your CV. As an employer I'd take someone with a banging portfolio any and everyday over someone fresh 4 years from university with not much to show..

My advice if you're going to go ahead with it is start freelancing immediately for whoever and whatever you can - or start your own little photography business and do that alongside university..

I for example run 365mediastudios.com - we do photography and videography of all sorts - but I'm an accounting and finance student...yeah.
October 6, 2012 @ 09:10 AM
Koven

Do what feels right

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.