Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 17, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
brianb6

Hello everyone,

First time posting on the forum (hope this works). Anyways, I wanted to post some custom pieces I've been working on for a while now. Years ago, I tried to produce my own set of vinyl figures, "Boutiqueoeuff". Things went fairly well until the end when I struggled with the manufacturers. All was not lost as I was able to take the samples I received and created my own set of customs using my original design as a platform. The customs were inspired by some brands I like, those who have helped me along the way and aspects of my daily life.

I wanted to share them on the forum to see what people think. Maybe if enough people like the concept, I'll have some motivation to keep going. I'd love to hear what you think. I shared my work on some toy related sites, but thought I'd try Hypebeast as a lot of my figures are inspired by "streetwear" brands.

Here's a link to my site but I've also posted some photos below. You can probably guess the inspirations but can find out more and see more on my site.

Thanks for checking this post out!
Brian "B6"
Boutiqueoeuff.com

Brian B6 (Boutiqueoeuff)

January 19, 2012 @ 10:14 AM
Toriko

These are awesome :D but to be clear, theyre eggs right?
January 20, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
brianb6

Hey Toriko. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Yup, the base of all the figures is inspired by the egg ("oeuf") theme.

Brian B6 (Boutiqueoeuff)

January 20, 2012 @ 03:45 AM
Enryu

suspended

Dope, keep doing it bruh. Did you got the egg ("oeuf") inspiration from Calimero(he's an Italien character in a anime) ?

-->
January 20, 2012 @ 07:09 AM
Toriko

Well Brian, I really like the detailing done on these but the only problem i have is that theyre eggs sad i mean i did say they look awesome but Eggs aren't exactly the coolest thing to have as a toy, no offense .....

maybe implement the silhouette of a cuter animal, that is detailed with all the badass stuff you put on the eggs.
IMO
January 26, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
brianb6

Thanks for the feedback Toriko!
I appreciate the comments (both positive and suggestions). For me, I chose the egg as the basis of my figure since I like the oval shape and thought it would look good in soft vinyl. Also, for eggs there are a variety of shapes, sizes and types that could serve as a good reflection of the different of characters I was going to do (ie. small quail egg, huge ostrich egg, or the century old black chinese egg). I also just like eating them so thought it would be interesting and hadn't been done yet. When I started this 6 years ago, there were already a lot of animal themes out there (bears, rabbits, labbits, dunnys, etc.) and although they were cool, I wanted to do something different.

Illpedrino, I haven't seen the Calimero figure or anime before. Interesting though.

Thanks again,
Brian B6

Brian B6 (Boutiqueoeuff)

Please login first to reply.