Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 29, 2011 @ 08:13 PM
cheezyDaba

was goody hb.....

I am looking for a fish eye lense for my canon. I dont want to buy one of the $400 extra lens tho. I see the make like fish eye attachment lens that run $50-100.

Just seeing if anyone had bought one before or has any advice in general.....

thanks you!!!!

edit: my bad - didnt see the lens thread
December 5, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
Lukulele

I'm not a big fan of those, but I've used them before. They're pretty chill if you want the effect, the edges get pretty blurry when you zoom in, and your depth of field is pretty deep. I don't think it's worth buying though, but it will get the job done. I have examples if you want. I'm copping that Opteka 6.5mm f/ 3.5 for my t3i though, the cropped sensor should reduce the distortion.

stay pau

December 5, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
Anti-Hero

you can get those if you just want the effect, but it's a waste. it ruins the quality of photos substantially and videos will look like it's filmed from the 90's. Pretty rudimentary.

If you do not want to shell out the dollars for a proper one, then I'd get one of the manual focus ones, you basically just keep the thing at infinity and shoot away, AF on FE's are pointless unless you are doing AI Servo.

edit: didn't even realize this was gravedigging..wtf man.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

December 6, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
GoRubio

I'm not a big fan of those, but I've used them before. They're pretty chill if you want the effect, the edges get pretty blurry when you zoom in, and your depth of field is pretty deep. I don't think it's worth buying though, but it will get the job done. I have examples if you want. I'm copping that Opteka 6.5mm f/ 3.5 for my t3i though, the cropped sensor should reduce the distortion.

I have the Opteka 6.5mm right now. It's all manual focus, which I like a lot. It works pretty well in low light. For it's price (I paid about $300 for mines) it can't be beat.
Here's some photos I had with it:

December 12, 2011 @ 10:51 AM
ANTHONEEE

i use a vivitar 7mm and love it. one of those ~$300ish manual focus fisheyes.

http://anthonywho.com

January 25, 2013 @ 01:33 AM
joshj2398

Get a Rokinon 8mm Ultra Wide Angle f/3.5 Fisheye. It's the same as the Opteka 6.5mm and it's way easier to find for Canon cameras. I got mine for $275. 
August 12, 2013 @ 06:57 AM
todfu

Get a Rokinon 8mm Ultra Wide Angle f/3.5 Fisheye. It's the same as the Opteka 6.5mm and it's way easier to find for Canon cameras. I got mine for $275. 
Great lens - I'd recommend it if it's within your budget.

Please login first to reply.