FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
October 5, 2011 @ 09:28 AM
uusunn

What's up fellas? I figured you guys would appreciate these photos here more so than anywhere else. The Nike MAG 2011s showed up at my doorstep about two weeks ago and I happened to have a camera laying around. So I did what any normal person would do.. I took some pictures.

Keeping it authentic from the get-go. Hill Valley, CA UPS.

Special delivery from Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, OR.

Before opening the box (it's a huge yellow box), you see the signature of Tinker Hatfield, designer of all the shoes you've ever known to love.

Inside the box: the sneakers, the documentation, the charger. The charger has a big 'MADE IN CHINA' on it which ruins the illusion for me ha sad.

The sneakers... you've got to pinch the highest point to press a little button that activates the lights on the shoes.

The material is interesting. Kind of has a canvas feel to it. The padding inside the sneakers are definitely there though. Typical kind of quality you would expect from Nike.

The outside of the fold-open poster, describing what the campaign is all about.

A few drawings by Tinker Hatfield revolved around the sneakers. Some cool stuff is in here, such as drawings of MJ donning the MAGs, warnings to make it relevant to the movie.. basically stuff that makes the story around the shoes a little bit more authentic.

This is the documentation. There's a lot of cool drawings that add to the authenticity of the package. You've got verify your sneakers and register them with the database on Nike's own little website, and a unlabeled CD is included where you'll be able to watch a few videos of the whole promo that they put together with Wieden+Kennedy. I think all the videos are already out there on YouTube though. The Kevin Durant ones, the commercials they played at 21 Mercer, the commercials we all saw on its release.. etc. Also, hints at self-lacing in 2015. cool

That's it! Wanted to share this with you guys because I thought the whole way Nike put this together was pretty cool (they didn't just throw these in an orange box and call it a day). Hope you guys enjoy.

http://waynesun.com

October 5, 2011 @ 10:03 AM

Inactive

Here's my video on them

www.youtube.com/watch?v=exZDglYTECA

you can also catch the pics on
ghostmcfly.tumblr.com
October 5, 2011 @ 12:39 PM
Too Trill

what kind of camera did you use to take these pictures and what kind of lens?

great quality...
October 6, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
ChristianFGY

Everytime I see pictures of these things, they just get sexier. BEAUTIFUL shoes.

FILM | PHOTOGRAPHY | DESIGN - PORTFOLIO/BLOG: WWW.CHRISTIANFGY.COM

October 7, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
uusunn

what kind of camera did you use to take these pictures and what kind of lens?great quality…

Thanks brother. I used a Panasonic Lumix GF1 with a 20mm 1.7 lens for all pictures. Great small camera, treats me well. Would recommend to anyone.

October 7, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
uusunn

Everytime I see pictures of these things, they just get sexier. BEAUTIFUL shoes.

Seriously haha. Had to pinch myself for a minute.. I think generally the cues on the shoe stood the test of time every shoe made since then. Kobes, Hyperdunks, Lebrons. A little bit extreme on the length, but it's still clean.. a good balance between something that could've potentially been much noisier. Tinker is a genius.

October 8, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
tomee

good quality
October 20, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
gamesnacks

Nice.

Please login first to reply.