June 28, 2011 @ 02:56 PM
musubigoods

Whats up hypebeast. I recently obtained a Minolta SRT 202 from a local thrift shop for dirt cheap. Its a fully manual camera and only needs a battery for the light meter. I was doing a few test rolls to see how the camera functioned and when I got the prints back from the local 1 hour photo spot my images looked like this.With the exception to the first photo there is a whole half of the photo being over exposed. what could the problem be? Im used to digital SLR's but not film 35mm. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

June 28, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
Gutts

I think your problem is with the winder. Either that or it was messed up during processing.
July 2, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
musubigoods

thanks for the help. do you know of any place that I could get it repaired and an estimate of the cost to fix the problem?
July 3, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
AW

A lot of those shots (albeit messed up) look good too! ...what a shame sad

Hit up a local camera shop in your town and ask for an estimate/diagnostic? Bring your roll of film / photos with you! Good Luck!
July 3, 2011 @ 03:14 PM
musubigoods

thanks!looked did a little research and sent out a few emails to some camera repair shops. Anyone know anything about garrys online repair shop? I get mixed reviews online and wanted to see if anyone could validate them. Also, does anyone know the actual problem related to my sample test photos?Thanks for the help!
July 3, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
Gutts

It probly won't be worth it to pay to get it fixed. Minoltas are always in thrift stores so you can probly pick up a working one for like 10 bucks.

Please login first to reply.