FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 23, 2011 @ 01:53 PM
Hod

Basically they let you take a picture and chose whatyou want to have in focus. The focus can be changed anytime after the picture is take. An example is given in the source and more on the website.

Have you ever taken a picture that would have been great if only it were in focus? Of course you have. So have we, countless times. But those days may soon be past all of us with the introduction of Lytro, an entirely new kind of camera that allows users to completely change the focus of a picture after the shutter clicks. And, according to AllThingsD, this next-generation camera will be available before the end of the year.

The secret behind the Lytro camera is a new type of sensor that gathers much more information about the light coming into the camera than the sensors found on all other types of digital cameras. Rather than record a finite amount of information about the light in a photograph, as is the case with other camera sensors, the Lytro sensor records the entire

Diamond Supply Co., Crooks & Castles, and more (XL-3XL) http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/136442/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/hodrick

June 25, 2011 @ 05:26 AM
Lloyd

Impressive technology and all, but i'm not a fan. Everything's getting too easy...
June 26, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
wtfHarsh

I agree^ it's pretty cool but it's gonna kill the art of photography. Also, the fact that it gathers more information, is gonna be costly, think about storage and the size each file itself. Boooo!
June 26, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
nat turner

I agree^ it's pretty cool but it's gonna kill the art of photography. Also, the fact that it gathers more information, is gonna be costly, think about storage and the size each file itself. Boooo!

file size could be small...you never know what they'll come up with..

That's really cool and innovative. it'll be expensive

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

June 26, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
deathsheep

prett cool
June 27, 2011 @ 08:46 AM
Bedless

Cool toy and nothing else, it will be useful only with particular type of photos. Still, that camera won't turn anyone into a better photographer, it will just make the pictures come out sharp.

irrelevantcompanion.tumblr.com

June 29, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
Fitch

I don't think these will take off. I think that this is pretty awesome but can't see any professionals switching to this kind of camera (if this technology is even gonna be available for DSLR's). Also, I can't seem to find that much info on this. I went to the website and you can toy with the focus on sample pictures and whatnot but that's really it, no showing what the camera looks like or anything.

Please login first to reply.