Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 10, 2010 @ 05:49 AM
GoRubio

I just want to hear from other people what they have to say about Wacom tablets. It could be a question, a review, something new you found out, how you use it, what works well with it, what doesn't, etc. I think this was a great place to start a thread like this also, since this would probably gain some perspectives from graphic designers, to regular guys just doing art on the side.
Personally, I've used every single tablet already, and the Cintiq 21UX was godly, but the Intuos medium is practical for me since drawing and designing is just a little side thing I do.
November 14, 2010 @ 07:56 PM
t0fu

i currently own a cintiq 21ux, and i can honestly a say it is a beast. unfortunately the only group of people that can truly take advantage of it are, illustrators, and CAD/3d designers. I myself do web design, which does require much hand drawn stuff, so at this point is just collecting dust. its not really that good for normal computer use either even if you have virtual keyboard loaded.
November 14, 2010 @ 10:14 PM
obakeissick

I got one for christmas last year, but i dont know what to do with it. I'm an noob.

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

November 16, 2010 @ 09:58 PM
rajah

I personally could never get the hang of a wacom tablet. I work mostly in illustrator and photoshop and I feel I have much better control with the mouse. Another reason I havent really jumped on the tablet bandwagon is I dont want to have to rely on another piece of equipment to get my work done. My little cousin on the other hand swears by it and she's gotten pretty good with it.

<>
November 17, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
aeterno

i've been using my wacom cintiq12 for over a year. took some time to get used to it but now i have a hard time designing anything with out it!.
November 18, 2010 @ 12:14 PM
stlfstj

I got Wacom Intous3 6x8. Ive been using it as my work horse and for surfing the net for years! it hasn't given me any problem at all. Its a great size for me i can have it right in front me and have the key board on top.
November 18, 2010 @ 05:37 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

I've wanted a Wacom tablet for some time now, since I don't have a quality scanner for pencil drawn pictures. lol BTW do any of you happen to scan drawings to your computer? If so what kind of scanner do you use? Because it'd probably be either a proper scanner or a Wacom before the other
November 18, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
Gutts

^^^^^^^^
I use the scanner from my fax machine then edit the picture in photoshop. They turn out really shitty but whatever.
Here's one.
November 18, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
DavidOh

I've always wanted to try one, but never really had any need to purchase one. I usually scan my work onto photoshop and redraw everything with the pentool. I might post some of my stuff soon...
November 18, 2010 @ 10:21 PM

I have an Intuos 3 9*12 SE I got it when It came out. I love it, it's made photo editing much more hands on and tactile. However, you don't need a big one for retouching like I got that was a mistake It takes up way too much space.
November 20, 2010 @ 05:11 AM
illestvillains

i currently own a cintiq 21ux, and i can honestly a say it is a beast. unfortunately the only group of people that can truly take advantage of it are, illustrators, and CAD/3d designers. I myself do web design, which does require much hand drawn stuff, so at this point is just collecting dust. its not really that good for normal computer use either even if you have virtual keyboard loaded.

Would you be interested in selling? Better yet, I have an Cintiq 18x that I'd be down to trade + cash for a 21ux if you still wanted one for certain occasions.

PM me.
November 22, 2010 @ 01:19 PM
GoRubio

One of the key things isn't the tablet itself, but it's know your way around the program you're using. I personally use Photoshop C5. It whoops ass. I haven't really tried using illustrator or anything else. It took some time getting used to the program, knowing about layers, where all the options were at, how to adjust, etc. But after messing around with it over time, everything becomes easier.
As of it becoming something you rely on, there's different opinions about it. If you were strictly an illustrator, then yeah, this thing is your go to weapon. If you're designing websites, I don't see it being a primary tool at all, but something that comes in handy.
As for some of the people talking about scanning their drawings. I do that a lot. I draw a lot when I'm away from a tablet. Usually, I don't pay much attention to my sketchbooks, but if they come out great, I'll scan them to my computer, and clean them up, and maybe even expand on it.
November 22, 2010 @ 07:08 PM
desolemere

hi
December 2, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
stevenwang888

doesn't matter really, I just get use to mine wacom, nothing expensive really

Please login first to reply.