Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 3, 2010 @ 10:46 PM
Shanklin

Alright, so me and andy were talking earlier about how ill it would be if the photo members of HB collabed to produce a photobook, right now this is just brainstorm process so anything is up in the air.

Personally I believe there should be groups of three to four people photographers at most and then give them a set time to produce pictures. Then the next group goes and so on and so forth. The small group numbers allow less confusion and relieves stress, and also allows everyone an equal opportunity of exposure (think a volume of five 80pg books vs one big 400pg big book). IMO, to get this all printed (maybe in bulk if thats where everyone wants to go...) blurb would be the most preferred.

Like I said before, anything is up in the air right now, so lets hear some ideas.

Discuss

UPDATE

Official forum here
, threads, pictures, ideas, groups, etc. can ALL be discussed and found here. People let's use the forum as the main site for communication purposes. Thanks

Okay so I went ahead and made an (un)official grouping of the team. I simply organized them alphabetically and did an ABCD pairing. Hope everyone is cool with it.

GROUP A
vinsanityy
halfbred
Johan Liebert
mrscrouge
vinFTW

GROUP B
4ngow
hod
kingkoor
pfortades
00nikolas00

GROUP C
gaws
jaco
Lloyd
Shanklin
YDNA

GROUP D
glaq
jamestapoz
Mr. Oizo
Urbanite
365hustle

Reserved: indirectlete(sorry bro you were the 21st person, if someone drops out you're first in line for the spot)

We have 3 organizers and 16 photographers with 4 more available spots.

PRICING

Bare minimums

"Premium paper" selected

"Custom logo" selected

Both "custom logo" and "premium paper" selected

www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing#standard-landscape

And I thought about a few deadlines...Group A: Jan. 3rd, Group B: Jan. 23rd, Group C: Jan. 31st, and Group D: Feb. 2nd. So the FINAL deadline for ALL pictures will be Feb 3rd.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

November 4, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
YDNA

I was about to post this, I was thinking somewhere more along the lines of a blog. have one - a few moderators/people to run the blog. And submit photos to be put on the blog, get a small section to write about your shot, links to flickr's etc. just more exposure would be amazing because some of the work I see here on a day to day basis blows me away.
November 4, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
AW

Love the idea. We have so many creative people on here, I think it'd be great to have a collab on something. Whether it may be a blog, website, a new book, etc. It'll be great way to showcase everyone's work...i think it'll at least be a better platform than forum posts.

As to what the book/blog/site will be about, it's still such a broad subject. Fashion? Music? Lifestyle? ,etc. I think it'll be a lot easier if there's a main subject we can base this thing around, instead of just an array/ a collection of random themed photographs.
November 4, 2010 @ 12:25 AM
jamestapoz

sounds bueno
November 4, 2010 @ 12:40 AM
YDNA

glad to see some people interested. As far as topic goes, how about it could change weekly, or every couple weeks just to keep things interesting and some sort of variety.
November 4, 2010 @ 12:51 AM
vinsanityy.

i could do this
November 4, 2010 @ 01:14 AM
CanvasO8

I would be down for this
November 4, 2010 @ 02:11 AM
billabong

swag. cool
November 4, 2010 @ 06:50 AM
Lloyd

Love the idea!
November 4, 2010 @ 10:30 AM
Veeurbanite

Love the idea!

indeed cool

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

November 4, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
Shanklin

So what does everyone want to do? Book or blog? Honestly, I think a blog would be more work and it's less appealing imo since everyone and their mother has a blog. Not knocking the idea cause i'm sure we could make a dope blog, but I think working together and producing a book seems far more fulfilling. Just my .02, what are you guys thinking?

November 4, 2010 @ 12:46 PM
sjem

I think you need a theme to begin with, then decide on the format you're gonna use.
November 4, 2010 @ 12:51 PM
Shoutbox

or you can make an online blog/magazine, kinda like the madbury spreads minus the other menus and such, just make the URL take you directly to the spread
November 4, 2010 @ 02:12 PM
jamestapoz

I think you need a theme to begin with, then decide on the format you're gonna use.

yeah i like the idea. also since there is alot of us how should we go along splitting into groups?
November 4, 2010 @ 02:24 PM
Shanklin

I'm really bent on doing this book lol, I was going to do one myself either way, but collabing with a few heads will help a lot. If we're still indecisive on what format we should just do both. I take it everyone who posted in here is interested and that's already 11 people.

But I we should discuss how we are going to go about organizing this. Will it be theme oriented, how many pictures we each ne, deciding groups. These are just a few questions that come to mind...

November 4, 2010 @ 02:32 PM
Glaq

yeah split into groups, and groups gets to pick a theme and work on that. each group member will take an X amount of shots and the group will choose the best ones out of all those pictures the member took. and those pics will go to the book or whatever. and all members will get the same amount of pictures in the book if a book is what we are all getting at.
lol did that make sense??
November 4, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
jamestapoz

yeah split into groups, and groups gets to pick a theme and work on that. each group member will take an X amount of shots and the group will choose the best ones out of all those pictures the member took. and those pics will go to the book or whatever. and all members will get the same amount of pictures in the book if a book is what we are all getting at.
lol did that make sense??

yup. about we spilt into groups from location?
November 4, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
MF CHEUNG

This idea sounds sick, I'd be down.
November 4, 2010 @ 03:44 PM
vinftw

i think a book would be a better idea, i'm down to do this. I think we should the group thing. 4 people to each group, each group has a theme and every group has a variety of themes. People, architecture, etc.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

November 4, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
Veeurbanite

The book is a better idea but why not do it by volumes. for example have a 50-60 pages or even more and just have a number of shots from each participants, it can still be seperated by themes within the book but It'll be everyone's shots for that appropriate that. more varieties instead of just 4 people imo, with only 3-4 ppl it look more of a collab between them then a whole HB fam collab.
Just throwing that out there
and then you we can pretty much rinse and repeat
just a thought

November 4, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
sjem

You should do it so that the groups are decided on the themes people would rather do. So say someone decides on say 6 themes to be in the book, then everyone picks a first and second choice. Then they get split up into groups of 4 depending on their choices.

Edit: Just saying but I'm not putting myself forward to take any photos because, well, my photography skills are definitely sub par. But I'd be willing to help out in the organisation of this if necessary.
November 4, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
vinftw

well 4 people to each group, like 5 groups for each volume?

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

November 4, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
Shanklin

The book is a better idea but why not do it by volumes. for example have a 50-60 pages or even more and just have a number of shots from each participants, it can still be seperated by themes within the book but It'll be everyone's shots for that appropriate that. more varieties instead of just 4 people imo, with only 3-4 ppl it look more of a collab between them then a whole HB fam collab.
Just throwing that out there
and then you we can pretty much rinse and repeat
just a thought

I really like this idea. But you think we should just do it as one big project, and then break all the pictures into volumes? Care you explain further?
well 4 people to each group, like 5 groups for each volume?

4 people is a perfect amount per group imo, I was looking at blurb and they have an option for 80pg books, which I think is the perfect amount of pages. 20 pics per person, and also allows room for volumes. www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing

November 4, 2010 @ 04:27 PM
pfortades

doowwn

http://www.pfotography.tumblr.com

November 4, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
Veeurbanite

You should do it so that the groups are decided on the themes people would rather do. So say someone decides on say 6 themes to be in the book, then everyone picks a first and second choice. Then they get split up into groups of 4 depending on their choices.

Edit: Just saying but I'm not putting myself forward to take any photos because, well, my photography skills are definitely sub par. But I'd be willing to help out in the organisation of this if necessary.

Feel the same way lol

November 4, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
Veeurbanite

I really like this idea. But you think we should just do it as one big project, and then break all the pictures into volumes? Care you explain further?

4 people is a perfect amount per group imo, I was looking at blurb and they have an option for 80pg books, which I think is the perfect amount of pages. 20 pics per person, and also allows room for volumes. www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing

Yes one big project is exactly what I meant and break the pics into volumes. there can be a volume put together and release let's say every 3 months or whatever timing that's realistic to the organizer , but I think it'll work pretty good that way .

November 4, 2010 @ 06:05 PM
Lloyd

A book would definitely be dopest! I would buy it without a doubt, no matter if i contribute to it myself or not. (Would love to contribute, though)

Dividing in to smaller groups with different themes, or just do a whole book with the same theme. Either way, it'll be dope!
November 4, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
YDNA

word. id be down. i think a book would be dope.

heard Adorama makes good photo books. www.adoramapix.com/products/books
November 4, 2010 @ 07:28 PM
vinsanityy.

since me and halfbreded live so close to each other maybe we could be in a "group" and take pictures of the same thing but from different angles to show how each photographer see things differently?
November 4, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
CanvasO8

doap soap. im down to be in a group with vinbro. I like the idea of the book, but the only thing that I'm worried about is how this will be paid for.

Please login first to reply.