June 4, 2010 @ 01:56 AM
A-WESOME

hello guys,

I always wanted to shoot with a fish eye lense.

If I buy a lense like this for my Nikon D40:

cgi.ebay.fr/Fish-Eye-Macro-Lens-for-Nikon-D40-D40X-D50-D60-D70-/270557562892?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3efe7cc80c#ht_5554wt_904

Would I have those kind of picture ? with the little black sport around ?

www.cyber-immo.net/engine/fisheye/fisheye.jpg

Thanks !
June 4, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
jamestapoz

yeah it'll give you that effect

what your looking at is a fisheye screw on adapter. you have to find the right size to fit on your lens.

these adapters will typically give you shit quality, but whatd you expect out of $40 ya know
June 4, 2010 @ 02:13 AM
Koven

Those are a waste of money

What you want is this

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

June 4, 2010 @ 02:22 AM
A-WESOME

thanks,

i don't understand about fish eye , it's that sometimes i see picture with the fish eye effect but not the black spot.

So if i buy a fish eye lens do i have to buy an adaptor for the effect or a lens like above will give me all satisfaction ?
June 4, 2010 @ 10:29 AM
gaws

It boils down to this;

If you buy a fish eye LENS you will have a normal fisheye effect with no black border

If you buy a fish eye ADAPTER you will have the black border and elitists will make fun of you for not having a fisheye lens.
June 4, 2010 @ 02:20 PM
A-WESOME

thanks man, you really help me up to understand the difference smile

I'm gonna buy an adaptor , don't have really the money to buy an ELITIST LENSE
June 5, 2010 @ 02:06 PM
Brosef

^ then don't fucking buy it cuz your pictures are gonna look like shit. you don't have to be an "elitist" to know that those shitty screw on adapters make things look like shit.
June 5, 2010 @ 03:50 PM
Spankbank

Lol @ all you guys shitting on the adapters.... lets look at it this way, do you think an "elitist" would really laugh at someone's work because he/she used an adapter add-on shit for their lens and there's a black border or will you think they'll laugh at your work because each picture is slapped on with the fucking vintage look and you think its artsy and each one of your pictures are HDRs with haloing on it? I think its evident what they'll laugh at.

I rather see quality pictures instead of photoshoped bullshit. Regardless, its to each their own, so let the OP buy what he wants.
June 6, 2010 @ 03:48 AM
Koven

Lol @ all you guys shitting on the adapters.... lets look at it this way, do you think an "elitist" would really laugh at someone's work because he/she used an adapter add-on shit for their lens and there's a black border or will you think they'll laugh at your work because each picture is slapped on with the fucking vintage look and you think its artsy and each one of your pictures are HDRs with haloing on it? I think its evident what they'll laugh at.

I rather see quality pictures instead of photoshoped bullshit. Regardless, its to each their own, so let the OP buy what he wants.

I'm an elitist so I guess ill chime in.

The reason people bash fish eye adapters has nothing to do with elitism, those adapters make your camera perform worse not better, they take worse pictures then the stock lens. Nobody should spend money on that shit. OH and OP you can do the same thing that adapter does in Photoshop. Look up Spherize. Or even better, There are cheap after market and vintage fish eye lenses that will bolt up to your camera, they just wont autofocus.

I know that Art is subjective and everyone has different tastes but im sure we can all agree that something that makes your camera perform worse in every way is a bad thing.

Here is an example of someone who had good intentions but ended up ruining what could have been great pictures of his trip by using an adapter.

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124656

As for the rest of your post, I appreciate your opinions but I don't think that stuff has anything to do with this thread.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

June 7, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
Kingkoor

Im gonna be going for a wide angle lens soon as I dont really like full fisheye too much, but for 40 bucks the adapter provided me some enjoyment and it took some decent shots.
June 7, 2010 @ 12:27 PM
cadenza

i bought an adapter off of ebay last year and it really is shit.
June 9, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
bkrawk

i work at a photo store and we sell these things and i can tell you..these adapters really fuckin suck
June 17, 2010 @ 11:58 PM
diamondsr4eva

i have an attachment that works fine and the black ring around it depends one how far zoomed in or out you are for the attachment.
June 18, 2010 @ 12:41 AM
CJofHL

for 40$ its worth it and you will get the effect you want... but if you shoooooot reallly really close. but a real fish eye would cost hundreds and wouldnt be a hastle for good quality pics. notice how fuzzy it gets on your example pic you want to shoot. thats what the $40 lense will get you.

trust me, i have something similar. but i still enjoy having it.
June 18, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
Sandy

suspended

here are some pics i took with my adapter
hypebeast.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2537309&postcount=689

Please login first to reply.