Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 7, 2011 @ 01:37 PM
Swagging

^Exactly.

If you're going to Cooper Union, the name alone strikes awe.

The top Art Schools in NY are Cooper, Purchase, Tisch, and SVA.
March 7, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
Capt Baho

Art school is dumb. I can youtube the education they give. Its just good if you like korean or indie girls
March 7, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
firebert

besides meeting chicks I don't know what art school is good for.
March 7, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
RawShack

Not really, with that mentality you yourself won't get any jobs.
and SVA is not a waste.

Again it's what you make of it. You kids go to these schools with heads this big, you'll be easily shut down. There are kids with tons of talent. Then there seem to be rich kids like yourselves who just go. Just to go.

Your right it is what you make of it, i just don't think i want to pay for the institution's name you know what i'm saying.
March 7, 2011 @ 11:52 PM
uusunn

I wouldn't stress too much on art school. Was just talking about this with a friend last night. He's a big designer on a Nike account and he tells me all the time that there are some art directors there who have no formal schooling on a university level.. they've just been at the agency long enough to know the ins and outs (having a great portfolio matters more).

Digital agencies hire a lot of talent based on their portfolios.. so if anything, I would focus on building a strong portfolio that showcases your aesthetic because at the end of the day, what is the largest asset to any agency is concrete visual proof. That and being adept with front-end developing is a big asset (depending on what kind of agency you are looking for.. digital agencies, for example).

I would focus on developing your skills and not relying entirely on an education to propel you through. Ideally, you want the talent to match the degree so that you've got more leverage when trying to pull a job as either a creative, copy-writer, or just a general way to get a ticket in.

http://waynesun.com

March 8, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
wtfHarsh

^Agreed.

Having gone to the greatest art school in the world won't matter, if your work is shit.
March 8, 2011 @ 01:25 AM
Capt Baho

art school is good for networking tho. if you are good enough, your teacher can hire you to do work with him/her or help you get good connects.
March 8, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
Reginald Fairfield

I"m in my foundation year so I can't judge whether the education is really worth it. We all know what the point of art school is anyway, it's the connects and networking. Also you want to have the best opportunity to put together the best portfolio. The reputation of the school also might help y'know? like they could be like man, kids from sva really know their shit or someting like that.

the bottom line is you gotta put some effort in outside the class to be good i think. i feel like i should always be checking out design blogs and magazines. you gotta be curious; figure out what you like etc. i feel like your homework is what you do other than whats assigned. make what interests you, you can't please professor _____________ all the time.
March 8, 2011 @ 09:21 PM
RawShack

I"m in my foundation year so I can't judge whether the education is really worth it. We all know what the point of art school is anyway, it's the connects and networking. Also you want to have the best opportunity to put together the best portfolio. The reputation of the school also might help y'know? like they could be like man, kids from sva really know their shit or someting like that.

the bottom line is you gotta put some effort in outside the class to be good i think. i feel like i should always be checking out design blogs and magazines. you gotta be curious; figure out what you like etc. i feel like your homework is what you do other than whats assigned. make what interests you, you can't please professor _____________ all the time.

well said i'll keep that in mind thanks homie.
March 8, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
Reginald Fairfield

...and I'm not rich
March 10, 2011 @ 06:14 AM
vinsanityy.

art center for illustration with the entertainment tracks
coolcoolcool

finally set
March 10, 2011 @ 08:10 AM
Reginald Fairfield

cool
March 11, 2011 @ 05:40 AM
DontHate

art center for illustration with the entertainment tracks
coolcoolcool

finally set

You know if they give good scholarships?
March 12, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
justengish

art school is not for artist. its for people that think they are artist. art school is for people that have creative skills (doesnt mean they're an artist) and get used to do regular work when they get a job. no creating your own shit here
March 12, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
PiagetNoodle

huh? what? you're a fucking idiot... i have quite a few friends who were successful before they stepped into Cooper Union, SVA, etc

it's a place to refine raw skill, and yes most of them will be 100x the artist you will ever be
March 13, 2011 @ 10:32 AM
gram cooke

Digital Media Arts College in Boca Raton, FL

It's a smaller private college with focus for Graphic Design, Advertising and Animation. I've been there for a couple years now. I recommend it for anyone that's going for that focus that lives in the South Florida area.

www.dmac.edu

Speak softly & carry a big pistol.

March 15, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
vanitas

do any art schools give out any special academic-based grants or scholarships for a good high school GPA or SAT score? or do they just not give a fuck
March 16, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
Wash Pahpin

i am aid major

washpahpin.com

March 16, 2011 @ 08:31 AM
Swagging

Anyone get into Parsons?
March 16, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
jtangtwenty3

do any art schools give out any special academic-based grants or scholarships for a good high school GPA or SAT score? or do they just not give a fuck

some do
pretty sure mica does and i think risd might
and then there are some universities that have really good art programs such as virginia commonwealth, that also take academics into consideration
March 17, 2011 @ 07:08 AM
Dorsal

^^I know from experience that SCAD also gives a lot of academic and artistic based money
March 19, 2011 @ 03:11 PM
missy.

anyone go to CCA in the bay area and wnts to share their views and opinions? :]

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

March 24, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
soyou

Curious, does an art school specific really matter versus universities? About to finish my Associates at the community, mostly fine art classes, but i'm thinking about a hit and run with digital art. I'm more proficient w/ photography(who isn't), but I want to do more conceptual art.

Thinking about apping for Riot Games art department. Also I'm trying to minor in language, Chinese, if not then probably Japanese back to Chinese.
March 24, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
GhostfaceKilla

got accepted into SVA for fall 11 don't know if I'll go or not
March 26, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
almost1

art school is not for artist. its for people that think they are artist. art school is for people that have creative skills (doesnt mean they're an artist) and get used to do regular work when they get a job. no creating your own shit here

learn how to spell correctly and make some sense then come back and try to make a logical statement you f_cking herb.

basisny.com

March 29, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
C.Royalty

There's a little truth to this statement. I attend the Art Institute of Minnesota and my major is graphic design. I see a lot of students in my major that have creative skills but they're not artists. When I started attending Ai my style of art went out the window. We're mainly taught how to design for companies. Package design and logo design. The good thing about graphic design is there are a lot of other areas you can get into. Screen print, my roommate wants to use her degree for tattoos, package design, web site designing, illustrations, etc.
April 3, 2011 @ 03:21 PM
DRAKESKICKS

Got accepted into CVAD . But Tuition is fucking my asshole .
April 5, 2011 @ 09:20 AM
vinftw

class 2015 at SAIC wadup ♥♥♥♥♥z, anybody else going here?

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

April 5, 2011 @ 04:46 PM
jtangtwenty3

im there now
April 6, 2011 @ 10:05 PM
vinftw

how you like it?

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

Please login first to reply.