Official Film Thread

October 28, 2012 @ 01:10:33 AM

Zombie bar crawl. I've actually got a few more that I think turned out pretty well

What camera are these taken with?
October 28, 2012 @ 16:08:03 PM
aye peep my new website: www.raulaltosaar.com
still working on it and taking suggestions.
October 28, 2012 @ 19:47:50 PM
October 29, 2012 @ 03:23:14 AM

nice, what site did you make it through?
October 29, 2012 @ 07:50:03 AM
October 29, 2012 @ 18:26:52 PM
ektar one hunna:

October 29, 2012 @ 19:52:58 PM
I have some pictures on my college site about my semester abroad in Europe. Some are mine, some aren't but they're all dope photos nonetheless. Check it.

https://files.nyu.edu/jh2844/public/
October 29, 2012 @ 20:51:51 PM

nice, what site did you make it through?

Indexhibit. It normally costs 30 euros but you can write to them and just say you are a student and they will give it to you for free.

October 30, 2012 @ 03:17:49 AM
Good stuff as always guys.

Im giving away my extra Olympus Stylus Epic (mju ii) if anyone wants it. However, the shutter seems to be stuck closed. Ive tested everything else and it works perfectly besides that. I dont know, but hopefully its salvageable and an easy/cheap fix.

Comes with box and manual, you just have to pay for shipping. If anything it can be used/sold for parts. PM me.

Edit: Gone.
October 30, 2012 @ 03:26:00 AM
dibs!
October 30, 2012 @ 03:46:50 AM
great thread. very entertaining
October 31, 2012 @ 01:08:49 AM
October 31, 2012 @ 17:50:46 PM
@bacontaco Who is that?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 31, 2012 @ 18:25:02 PM
Looks like Garrett from Trash Talk.

edit: or maybe Spencer, i always confuse their names.

edit: doubtful if dude is from ATL.
October 31, 2012 @ 22:03:19 PM
i scratched up the mirror on my ae-1 smh

well, not the mirror...but the part above the mirror that leads to the viewfinder. there's no 35mm film repair close to me... anyone have an idea about repair costs? or if it will affect the photograph?
October 31, 2012 @ 22:40:22 PM
@bobby i dont think it will affect it, since the mirror goes up when the picture is taken
October 31, 2012 @ 22:42:26 PM
i scratched up the mirror on my ae-1 smh

well, not the mirror...but the part above the mirror that leads to the viewfinder. there's no 35mm film repair close to me... anyone have an idea about repair costs? or if it will affect the photograph?

The cost of the repair will be more than the camera is worth. I would Just buy another body, they're like 30 bucks at the most
October 31, 2012 @ 22:49:31 PM
shiiit i guess they are on ebay for less than 40 bones. looks like i'm re-upping... thanks guys
November 01, 2012 @ 01:59:29 AM
@bacontaco Who is that?
Originally posted by Inactive User
Looks like Garrett from Trash Talk.

edit: or maybe Spencer, i always confuse their names.

edit: doubtful if dude is from ATL.

lol thats MC Ride from Death Grips

www.headhunterla.com

November 01, 2012 @ 06:11:01 AM
Scanned on some standard printer. Not too clear.
Shot with yashica t4

WTB: Supreme x Thrasher Coach Jacket Medium

November 03, 2012 @ 06:32:41 AM

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

November 04, 2012 @ 03:06:32 AM

can anyone talk about shooting disposable? i heard the cameras are actually refillable? what's the lifetime of the flash/are there batteries for it? i've been using it more lately and really love it. still trying to get a t4 though.
November 04, 2012 @ 04:14:18 AM

can anyone talk about shooting disposable? i heard the cameras are actually refillable? what's the lifetime of the flash/are there batteries for it? i've been using it more lately and really love it. still trying to get a t4 though.
there is no point in using a disposable over and over again when you could just buy a cheap better camera with focusing, autoexposure etc
November 04, 2012 @ 08:37:29 AM

Well they're called disposable for a reason. One use, then dispose of them. While I'm sure you may be able to refill them (maybe), but disposables cost the same amount as a roll of film. They're like 6 dollars, so if you wanna shoot disposables, just keep buying them.
November 04, 2012 @ 23:03:25 PM
there is no point in using a disposable over and over again when you could just buy a cheap better camera with focusing, autoexposure etc

Well they're called disposable for a reason. One use, then dispose of them. While I'm sure you may be able to refill them (maybe), but disposables cost the same amount as a roll of film. They're like 6 dollars, so if you wanna shoot disposables, just keep buying them.

the problem comes from two things. i like the look of a disposable, but also you have to pay for the cost of the camera and the developing, so it comes in to like 15-20 per go. i wonder if you could replicate the look on a normal point and shoot.

and focusing is irrevalent if your camera if shooting f10 all the time, you've got to try really hard to take an out of focus disposable pic. and i'm getting so tired of DOF anyways i like the deep focus.

i like the simplicity of it. if i cared about autoexposure and focus i'd use my nice digital camera. disposable is nice because they are built like fucking tanks and i don't have to constantly worry about breaking my glass when everybody around me is going crazy.
November 05, 2012 @ 00:42:25 AM

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

November 05, 2012 @ 01:00:25 AM

the problem comes from two things. i like the look of a disposable, but also you have to pay for the cost of the camera and the developing, so it comes in to like 15-20 per go. i wonder if you could replicate the look on a normal point and shoot.

and focusing is irrevalent if your camera if shooting f10 all the time, you've got to try really hard to take an out of focus disposable pic. and i'm getting so tired of DOF anyways i like the deep focus.

i like the simplicity of it. if i cared about autoexposure and focus i'd use my nice digital camera. disposable is nice because they are built like fucking tanks and i don't have to constantly worry about breaking my glass when everybody around me is going crazy.

you can mad refill disposables. you have to reuse the can the disposable film came in so ask your lab to give you yours back and a couple extra. then you gotta pull off the film out of a fresh roll (tape the tongue to one of the extra cans you got from the lab and transfer it tongue first into the empty can) get to the tail end of fresh roll and tape that to a disposable can.

now you should be looking at a fresh roll of film rolled headfirst into an empty can with the butt end taped to the another empty can (the one you going to use in your disposable.)

set your disposable film counter to 26 or 27 frames remaining and go to a dark room and pull the film out of the can. you will have to roll the film and shove it in the let hand side of the disposable. then put the can in on the right hand size. strap the back on and you are ready to shoot.

i like the look of disposables but more than that you can load black and white and you can load slide for xpro (dont shoot slides normal cause it comes out like shit cause slides got no lattitude) also you can rock disposables in the rain and snow and in dog shit conditions. when pussys are shook on bringing there dslr or contax t2 out, you will still have a chance to get the shot. which is what counts in the end right?

also most disposables are 400asa which means if you put 100 in it you should only use it in the bright light. i usually put in 800 just cause the chances of me using a disposable in bright light conditions are rare (only exception is snow)
November 05, 2012 @ 06:02:05 AM
you can mad refill disposables. you have to reuse the can the disposable film came in so ask your lab to give you yours back and a couple extra. then you gotta pull off the film out of a fresh roll (tape the tongue to one of the extra cans you got from the lab and transfer it tongue first into the empty can) get to the tail end of fresh roll and tape that to a disposable can.

now you should be looking at a fresh roll of film rolled headfirst into an empty can with the butt end taped to the another empty can (the one you going to use in your disposable.)

set your disposable film counter to 26 or 27 frames remaining and go to a dark room and pull the film out of the can. you will have to roll the film and shove it in the let hand side of the disposable. then put the can in on the right hand size. strap the back on and you are ready to shoot.

i like the look of disposables but more than that you can load black and white and you can load slide for xpro (dont shoot slides normal cause it comes out like shit cause slides got no lattitude) also you can rock disposables in the rain and snow and in dog shit conditions. when pussys are shook on bringing there dslr or contax t2 out, you will still have a chance to get the shot. which is what counts in the end right?

also most disposables are 400asa which means if you put 100 in it you should only use it in the bright light. i usually put in 800 just cause the chances of me using a disposable in bright light conditions are rare (only exception is snow)

fuck dude i love you. i understood about half what you said but will pm you to clarify.
and yeah i shoot 400 typically, i shot 800 with flash for a show but it blew out all the whites, so switched to 400 for that death grips shot and loved the way they all came out near perfect exposed. those were also shooting in basically darkness (only one small blue light pointed at the stage).

any specific stock you recommend? also can i see your shit anywhere?
November 05, 2012 @ 06:59:43 AM
Originally posted by Inactive User

this one smokeyface
November 06, 2012 @ 04:23:51 AM
I just got this camera at a thrift store for $3 gonna need some info

-what kind of camera is this?
-what kind of film does it need?
-how do i operate this?
-any examples of pictures that this camera takes?
Please login first to reply.
x