SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
June 9, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
projunt

I'm looking for another film camera, any recommendations? I'm working with a Canon T70 right now.
Yeah send me a PM and I can help you out!

I'm considering taking up film photography. Can anybody suggest some cameras and anything that I need to know?
Likewise, just send me a PM!
June 9, 2013 @ 05:53 AM
madhaussss

an idea I had
June 9, 2013 @ 04:03 PM
Boston-Strangler

June 9, 2013 @ 05:21 PM
Shanklin

Shot with Rolleiflex 2.8D using Kodak Portra 400NC scanned and color treated digitally. Film was given to me by the legendary photographer Jamel Shabazz
Dope. How'd you meet him?

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 10, 2013 @ 02:20 AM
awwsheeet

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQJsQPPRCE

xjudjudx sucked 15 years ago.....still sucks now
June 10, 2013 @ 07:39 AM
projunt

Double Exposure

Normal Exposure

June 12, 2013 @ 12:04 PM
senchi

film is still alive, right? been using my pentax me super for a couple months now, and i just gotta say i'm really getting into film photog.
just got a few more cameras; canon a-1, olympus pen ees-2, and an agfa silette. i also noticed how the pen is a godsend of a camera when you're on your last roll of film

insta: @senchip

June 12, 2013 @ 04:51 PM
projunt

film is still alive, right? been using my pentax me super for a couple months now, and i just gotta say i'm really getting into film photog.
just got a few more cameras; canon a-1, olympus pen ees-2, and an agfa silette. i also noticed how the pen is a godsend of a camera when you're on your last roll of film
Film is alive and kicking digital's butt!  Do you have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)? seems like symptoms are starting to show. Post pictures to keep it alive as well!
June 13, 2013 @ 06:01 AM
senchi

Film is alive and kicking digital's butt!  Do you have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)? seems like symptoms are starting to show. Post pictures to keep it alive as well!
i do have gas...
it's starting to look up now since i know it's a bad habit and i should have self control over myself

i probably will post pictures in the future, except i don't think my pictures are actually any good to be posting up on here!

June 13, 2013 @ 06:20 AM
flu

I took a photo class this past school year and loved it. I want to stick with it but have only a Polaroid to work with. Anybody know any hookups for Polaroid film because 10$ each time is expensive 

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

June 13, 2013 @ 07:57 AM
projunt

i do have gas...
it's starting to look up now since i know it's a bad habit and i should have self control over myself

i probably will post pictures in the future, except i don't think my pictures are actually any good to be posting up on here!
Post them and i can c&c if you want.

I took a photo class this past school year and loved it. I want to stick with it but have only a Polaroid to work with. Anybody know any hookups for Polaroid film because 10$ each time is expensive 

For Polaroid pack film the cheapest I have seen is at B&H Photo; apart from that, have you thought of trying any other formats 135, 120 127, 620, 4x5, 8x10?
June 13, 2013 @ 10:10 AM
senchi

@projunt

will do once i get back! i don't have access to a scanner because i'm currently studying abroad till summer ends, then i'm heading back to the states

let's just say you get some very interesting shots in a foreign country...

also, what kind of film do you recommend for color and b&w? i'm currently using kodak gold 200 but i just scan them black and white... i need to expand my horizon with film in a sense

June 13, 2013 @ 06:47 PM
JohnvHarrison

$10 each time? that's a score..I pay $23-25 for Impossible Polaroid Film

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

June 13, 2013 @ 07:07 PM
projunt

Gotcha, in my opinion choosing film is important to individual style and creates emotion by texture. Try film sampler packs because they are the best at exposing you to different kinds films: http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/35mm-kodak-sampler-5-pack-1 (This one has Kodak Ektar 100, Kodak Porta 160, Portra 400, Kodak Tri-X 400, and TMax 100, plus a free roll of expired mystery film) All the films in this sampler pack are color negative films except Kodak Tri-X and TMax, which are black and white films. Other brands to consider are Illford (B&W), Fujifilm (E-6), Agfa, FPP, etc. I also recommend searching films, then going to flickr.com to see what other's peoples results are to see if you you like the style. 
June 13, 2013 @ 07:57 PM
Koven

find myself alternating between taking scans in totally flat and scans with some contrast. still not really sure which i prefer, as long as i'm getting similar results on the back end. slowly realizing scanning is just as much of an art as taking the actual picture is. i'm also realizing that people have never considered the fact that currently, analog is scaling with digital. our scans we are getting now out of our negs are much better than the scans people used to get, and the control we have over our images is so much stronger than before. digital hasn't fully outpaced analog, so in the mean time i'm just enjoying the art of it all.

Wow I love it when pics taken with film come out looking more realistic than digital. What camera and film did you use on these? Im assuming its MF  

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

June 14, 2013 @ 04:17 AM
bacontaco

dude there is no barrier to posting here. i think i speak for everyone when i say that we love seeing anything and everything. if no else people can tell you how to get better.

http://kylekukshtel.com

June 14, 2013 @ 09:57 PM
bacontaco

Wow I love it when pics taken with film come out looking more realistic than digital. What camera and film did you use on these? Im assuming its MF  
dude thanks seriously. yeah its so weird taking good film stuff, because like in digital it feels like when you take a picture you are kind of cheating reality. it's really hard to articulate with film, but when i get negs back im always surprised how utterly true to life film is, like it sees everything. like i get a pic back and am like "damn, yeah that's exactly what i saw" you definitely get what you give with film.

and all those pics, were on a mamiya 7 with portra 400. new shit coming up to once the artist gives me clearance.

http://kylekukshtel.com

June 15, 2013 @ 10:09 PM
awwsheeet

bacontaco got it
June 16, 2013 @ 04:36 AM
projunt

June 16, 2013 @ 09:54 AM
senchi

dude there is no barrier to posting here. i think i speak for everyone when i say that we love seeing anything and everything. if no else people can tell you how to get better.
thanks! will def post some shots then whenever i can

June 16, 2013 @ 09:55 AM
senchi

i've always wondered how people got edges on their pictures? 

June 16, 2013 @ 04:11 PM
Shanklin

^a scanner

June 16, 2013 @ 08:33 PM
Pieces

Found a Nikon FE-2 for sale which I am looking to purchase. How is it as a camera for every day shooting? Is it comparable to the Canon AE-1? The one I'm looking at includes a motor drive. What exactly does this do? Thanks guys
June 16, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
xxxyungoonxxx

yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 16, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
__Nicholas

Found a Nikon FE-2 for sale which I am looking to purchase. How is it as a camera for every day shooting? Is it comparable to the Canon AE-1? The one I'm looking at includes a motor drive. What exactly does this do? Thanks guys
the fe2 is superior to the canon ae-1. the fe2 has metal body (ae-1 has plastic), fe2 has faster max shutter speed, faster flash sync speed, and and can do longer exposures than the ae-1. i was using an ae-1 for a while but i recently picked up an fe2 and it feels like such a sturdier solid camera. both are great cams though.
June 17, 2013 @ 12:26 AM
Pieces

Thanks for the reply. Dude wants $150 for the FE-2, body only. It's in good condition apparently. Worth?
June 17, 2013 @ 10:55 AM
inaninstant

Just thinking about getting into doing some music video's for one of my homie's, could anyone point me in the direction of some decent software to use?

Thanks!
June 17, 2013 @ 03:19 PM
zoidanum

Just thinking about getting into doing some music video's for one of my homie's, could anyone point me in the direction of some decent software to use?

Thanks!
wrong kind of film buddy
June 17, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
Shanklin

June 18, 2013 @ 12:12 AM
jalanimorgan

Shot with Rolleiflex 2.8D using Kodak Portra 400NC scanned and color treated digitally. Film was given to me by the legendary photographer Jamel Shabazz
Dope. How'd you meet him?
I was introduced to him 5 years ago when he was in Toronto.

jalanimorgan.com jalanimorgan.tumblr.com @jalanimorgan

Please login first to reply.