Official Film Thread

March 30, 2013 @ 20:25:57

its dirty cause i didnt clean it off before i scanned it in. but w/e. 
March 30, 2013 @ 22:15:33
does anybody know where i can get a relatively cheap (under $100) smc-m 28mm f/2.8 lens? they are super hard to come by.

instagram: @senchip

March 31, 2013 @ 01:22:31
still waiting on shanklin to post his pics from his 500C/M. i know that lazy ass got his negs back he just slacking.
Haha nah never slacking. I just really really don't like how Espon Scan manages colors with Ektar 100. And I don't have 70 bucks to drop on the plugin needed for ColorPerfect. Sooooo i'll just wait upload anything until then. I did come back from the darkroom today so I might scan in a print or something later.
i just do as pure raw of a scan is possible. i do like a 2400 dpi scan with none of the extra bullshit applied (those settings at the bottom), and then take the tiff into photoshop and use the color mixer for highlights/midtones/shadows for each picture. granted you don't get the scan absolutely right the first time and you have to spend a bit more time in post, but i enjoy the process so the time is worth it.
March 31, 2013 @ 02:46:23
anyone know if there is a thread for polaroids? cant seem to find one
March 31, 2013 @ 03:32:30
still waiting on shanklin to post his pics from his 500C/M. i know that lazy ass got his negs back he just slacking.
Haha nah never slacking. I just really really don't like how Espon Scan manages colors with Ektar 100. And I don't have 70 bucks to drop on the plugin needed for ColorPerfect. Sooooo i'll just wait upload anything until then. I did come back from the darkroom today so I might scan in a print or something later.
what you gotta do is just try and get it approximately right on the scan software then go into photoshop and make it right. its not too hard.
March 31, 2013 @ 06:31:24
Yea i use vuescan to scan RAW then I convert it to positive in PS with colorneg. I've tried other programs and methods but nothing for me beats the vuescan/colorneg combo.
March 31, 2013 @ 07:30:12

Anyway this is the cover I did for a friend. I think it came out pretty cool....I shot the initial picture with the hasselblad 500cm
March 31, 2013 @ 21:17:12
Yea i use vuescan to scan RAW then I convert it to positive in PS with colorneg. I've tried other programs and methods but nothing for me beats the vuescan/colorneg combo.
yo how do you use colorneg? I just downloaded it and its all in german. and did you buy the full version? could you hook me up with a activation code?
March 31, 2013 @ 23:02:22
^It's a filter you use for PS. And I don't have the registration key, thus why I haven't uploaded any new stuff in awhile except for prints. 
March 31, 2013 @ 23:37:53
dope shit guys
April 01, 2013 @ 03:11:05
So i'm finally starting to get a decent workflow going with this whole scanning shit. Im just gonna say fuck tutorials and go for what I feel is best. It hasn't let me down thus far haha.

500cm
April 01, 2013 @ 07:22:17
dammit shank, fix your website lol

anyway, can any of you recommend some "colorful" film for my AE-1? I've been using Kodak 400 ISO and it seems to have a yellow/orange tint. I want something more "flat" and true to what I see in the viewfinder if that makes any sense. I get my films developed at walgreens if that matters. Thanks guys, good shit.

instagram.com/everythingimperial

April 01, 2013 @ 08:55:17

anyway, can any of you recommend some "colorful" film for my AE-1? I've been using Kodak 400 ISO and it seems to have a yellow/orange tint. I want something more "flat" and true to what I see in the viewfinder if that makes any sense. I get my films developed at walgreens if that matters. Thanks guys, good shit.
maybe some Lomography color film? Kodak Portra has nice skin tones if thats what you want. but as far as what you "see in the viewfinder", the viewfinder can be dusty, clouded, etc... especially on an AE-1 (made in like 1977), so i'm not exactly sure how to help there. 
April 01, 2013 @ 12:49:57
Originally posted by Inactive User
Some shots that I took about 2 years ago that I just stumbled upon

cool, what kind of glass was he making? BTW, imgur doesn't embed on here for some reason. I had to go to the direct link
good lookin out on the embed stuff. If I can remember right I think he was making a bubbler. He usually only makes pipe and is in one of the better shops in the area. he dabbles in some other glass work but mostly keeps it to pipes, bubs, etc. 
April 02, 2013 @ 00:51:27

maybe some Lomography color film? Kodak Portra has nice skin tones if thats what you want. but as far as what you "see in the viewfinder", the viewfinder can be dusty, clouded, etc... especially on an AE-1 (made in like 1977), so i'm not exactly sure how to help there. 
the viewfinder on my ae1 is brighter and cleaner than the one on my dslr, but like johnvharrison said, kodak portra 160 or 400 is great film for natural flat colors. good for daytime natural light. my favorite film is fuji pro 400h. the colors are similar to portra but i think it handles artificial light better. very similar to what you see with your eye.
April 02, 2013 @ 00:52:56
i think im becoming spoiled by portra and 400h. the colors are so accurate and the grain is so fine. i am always disappointed when i get a roll of ultramax or superia developed, unless im going for that grainy lomography feel.

nikon fe2 with kodak ultramax 400

April 02, 2013 @ 01:10:03
you guys have really clean scans
April 02, 2013 @ 04:47:17

just fix it in photoshop to get the look you want. Porta is a great base though, I never finding myself really having to fuck hard with skin tones. i'll get a magenta shift here and there, but it's definitely the most "the camera sees what i see" film I've used. and medium format helps that as well. everything else before has just seemed like an approximation. seriously, medium format is amazing.
April 02, 2013 @ 05:52:00

t2
April 02, 2013 @ 06:54:16
great, thanks for the info guys. I'll try and mess around with some of the film you guys mentioned.

instagram.com/everythingimperial

April 02, 2013 @ 23:18:47
April 02, 2013 @ 23:22:53
oh and awesome stuff all around in here guys, keep up the good work everyone!!!
April 03, 2013 @ 01:43:26

For Sale: Air Jordan XI Concord 2000 Retro sz 10 VNDS Air Jordan VIII Retro White/True Red sz 10 NDS PM me if you're interested.

April 03, 2013 @ 01:43:32
sorry double post.

For Sale: Air Jordan XI Concord 2000 Retro sz 10 VNDS Air Jordan VIII Retro White/True Red sz 10 NDS PM me if you're interested.

April 03, 2013 @ 05:17:38
sorry double post.
Olympus OM ?
April 03, 2013 @ 20:57:27

April 04, 2013 @ 20:44:20
some shit I've been experimenting with:

April 06, 2013 @ 02:54:34

Olympus XA
Expired Arista Premium 100
April 06, 2013 @ 04:20:30

April 06, 2013 @ 19:40:02
so rad!!!!!!!!!!!
Please login first to reply.
x