Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 16, 2009 @ 12:18 AM
prolifick21

This will be my first DSLR camera however, I've been using my rebel xti for 6+months and I've also played with my other friends D80 pretty extensively as well.

i've been deliberating over which one few days. I dont plan to make my purchase until next month (when I have more saved up), but it's been on my mind a lot lately. i've been weighing the pros and cons and still can decide. I think the t1i would have slighlty better image quality and do better in low light and have better HD video capabilities. however, i think the UI system in the nikon is way better than the new UI they put in the t1i. Plus i think having the swivel lcd adds more versatility.

my plan is to just buy the body and accessories together. Then just buy a lens separate. I'm looking to buy just one lens to start at it'll either be 18-105 VR/IS or 18-135 VR/IS depending on body i decide to go with. I'm looking to SPEND NO MORE THAN A GRAND for TOTAL for everything.

the other alternative option is: just wait another moth save up more and buy a D90.

Thanks for the Advice.
July 16, 2009 @ 01:06 AM
be@rywh!te

so you already have a XTi and you want to buy a new camera?
July 16, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
prolifick21

no i don't it was my friends. I was just borrowing it since he never used it.
July 16, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
jay tee

if saving for the d90 is an option, then i would go that route. i would much rather give up the tilting lcd screen to get the same cmos sensor thats in the d300.
July 17, 2009 @ 11:11 PM
prolifick21

yea i might go that route, but I almost feel like that might be alittle too much camera for me. But I want to start doing some professional freelance shooting in the long term. do u think going d5000 or d90 would be a significant step? or could i get by with the d5000? and make enough money from that to get a d90 or a d300 even.
July 17, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
dynobotz

I moved from a Canon XS to the T1i and I'm loving it, especially the movie mode. Was messing around with the D5000 at the store but didn't really like the layout. One thing about being a beginning photographer is that I always wish I had the next camera in the lineup. XS to T1i, but of course I would love to have a 5DMarkII (really want full-frame now). I say wait for the D90 if you think you will really get into this photography stuff.
July 27, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
prolifick21

yea that t1i is pretty nice. although u cant use any manual controls in the canon video mode it's still pretty good compared to that of the d5000. i would buy a canon but it seems like all canons accessories cost way more than nikons ever do. so i dunno. from all the review ive read comparing the two the consenus is has a higher res but shots are underexposed more often than than the nikon. and it seems like the Nikon pics show more detail too. But I think im gonna buy the D90 at costco or sam's club. use it for a month or so if i think it's alittle to powerful for my skill level i'll take it back and just get the D5000 or just sell the body and body and body and get it. cuz i really like that lens.
July 29, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
Nuno

I had the same dilemma and went with the T1i. I am happy with it.
July 30, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
jtso23

I'm partial to Canons since I made the switch from a Nikon d40 to Canon 40d so I vote T1i.

Please login first to reply.