May 30, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

alright so i feel as if i need a backpack for my camera. when im going through cities i feel awkward just having my camera around my neck walking around. feels like im trying to say " ya i got a camera bitch. what up?" so anyone have any suggestions on backpacks? i have a nikon d40x. if you dont feel like a backpack is the right way to go, how do you get around with your camera?

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

May 31, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
indirectdelete

Keeping your camera in a backpack means missing shots. I usually have a backpack with me when i shoot, but that's because I'm usually biking to a location, and sometimes I end up climbing things to get a shot. If I'm just walking around I always have my camera over my shoulder so I can get a shot if I see one.
May 31, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
Iceboogie

suspended

you make a good point about missing pictures. but i get so paranoid when im in big crowds with a camera around my neck. i feel like someones gonna snatch it or break it or something. maybe its something that i have to get used to.

Waffles : u guys are just internet faggots

May 31, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
indirectdelete

Ah yeah, that's understandable. I've kind of gotten into the habit of clutching my camera when I'm in crowds. I've never had a problem...
June 7, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
EYETOGRAPHY

Back pack for just a camera alone? Do you have more than 1 lens depending on the backpack you'll have alot of extra space. Which isn't a big thing but If you're looking for something like a backpack with easy acess I would recommend a LOWEPRO Sling Shot 100. Google it my post count isn't high enough for me to post links/ pics just yet but definately a bag I would recommend getting.
June 8, 2009 @ 12:00 AM
Bob Sacamano

In my opinion Crumpler bags are the dopest. They have a lot of protection, don't even look like a camera bag, and look great. Not enough posts, but google them. I have 3 different bags and I think they're dope. Their older bags are a lot nicer and you can probably get them cheap at your local camera shop.
June 8, 2009 @ 01:55 PM
that_dude05

no backpack,you need something that hangs in the front of you. you can find good ones at your camera shops...or get a filson to stunt
June 10, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
Ryan

^ a filson wouldnt have any padding tho, so not really useful for this particular application unless you buy a camera block that may or may not fit it.

Otherwise if you want to be more discrete domke's are pretty stealth (and pricey)

for a backpack when i'm carrying alot of stuff I use my Burton Zoom Pack. Its a pretty sturdy pack, and doesnt really look like a camera bag at first glance.
June 12, 2009 @ 11:16 AM
Jones

I recently bought a Billingham... Pricey, but it's a perfect size bag in my opinion and doesn't really look like a typical camera bag at all:

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/179303-REG/Billingham_503301_Hadley_Shoulder_Bag_Small.html
June 22, 2009 @ 06:31 PM
kineda

I used a simple black AE bag. It's discrete and doesn't stick out like normal camera bags.

Kineda http://www.kineda.com

June 23, 2009 @ 05:30 PM
entangledvyne

idk, i wouldnt put an slr in my backpack personally. A camera case made for SLR's is going to protect it much better, even if it does stick out alot. Wouldnt want a cam in my backpack on the subway, or even in large crowds, Too many people bumping into you, as well as thieves.
June 29, 2009 @ 02:58 PM
zomgimobbq

Check out the Lowepro Flipside X00. I've got the 200 model, and I love it. Slim profile and it opens from the side closest to your back so thieves can't open it when you're in a crowded place. It also has a waist strap that lets you slide the backpack to your front so you can access your gear much more easily.
June 29, 2009 @ 03:51 PM
vex

another vote for crumpler here
or just buy the bag insert and throw that in whatever bag youve got
July 16, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
jay tee

i carry naneu pro camera bags and they are the best built padded bag i have ever used. you can check them out a naneupro.com. i use the military ops alpha l and the urbangear u120.
July 16, 2009 @ 02:05 PM

Inactive

Is a HP or a Visvim backpack worth the money?

Please login first to reply.