Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
April 9, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
Inf4mou5

Drawing has always been a passion of mine, but the artistic genes didn't get to me [a lot of family of mine are very artistic].

So, instead of dealing with the fact that I can't and will never be able to draw, I was thinking of maybe learning how to draw?

Is it possible, and has anyone here actually learned to draw?

Obviously, I know people have to learn how to draw better, but most people who I know that are artistic had the talent from a very young age and just built up on it.
April 9, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
shinesolo

kill yourself you worthless herb you are a drone, you cannot learn creativity, better off dead
April 9, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
stuffle

you learn to draw by drawing some people learn easier than others but everythings like that
April 9, 2009 @ 07:34 PM
Flatland Funk

^wow...

take classes and you'll learn. its good if you already have some sort of talent already though
April 9, 2009 @ 07:52 PM
richedesilien

what do you think they do in the illustrator classes in college? AI starts from scratch, im talking about stick figures

do you support systematic white supremacy or nah?

April 9, 2009 @ 08:33 PM
kitren2

graffiti you can learn but not plain art skills
April 9, 2009 @ 08:38 PM
spicybasil

take some class, and you will learn that it not that hard to draw. It just take time to make your drawing look good.
April 9, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
iTsZDrE

Well I mean, you either have drawing skills, or you dont.
But most people who have a natural ability, still need to learn about proportions of people, and perspective of locations n such. So I guess thats part of learning how to draw.
April 9, 2009 @ 08:48 PM
stuffle

^wow...

take classes and you'll learn. its good if you already have some sort of talent already though

art class is to much just to learn to draw

if you suck draw alot and youll learn yourself
April 9, 2009 @ 10:56 PM
WGMeets

Just sit outside with a pad and pencil, and draw. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't draw. Now to get better, obviously you would need some guidance (classes). The best thing about art, is that everyone takes it in a different way, so not one person is right.
April 9, 2009 @ 11:58 PM
rommell84

Yeah you can, like it has already been said before just draw. Go NOW to your local hobby store and buy a pad and a pencil and start drawing what ever comes to your mind. sure you will make crappy stuff but keep at it and it will get better.

drawing and being creative in general is something that needs to be done often to keep your skills, I personally try to draw a least everyday I helps out that I have a phone job so i set and draw a lot. but I always finish them at home or wherever im at.

also go to your local library and get some books like realistic drawing books and well as manga and cartoons just to get a feel for what you like and can do.

good luck to you.
April 10, 2009 @ 01:06 AM
Luther_lennon

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7v50jh25j0

and my only suggestion is draw, and draw, and draw, draw, draw, draw until your hands fall off. carry a small moleskin notebook with you and just draw anything and everything you see. from people to buildings to plants, i mean EVERYTHING!!!!
April 10, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
AW

i think you just need to practice a lot.
i want to "learn" to draw too...
i need to get my perspective and shadowing right. And theyre something i can never seem to do :\
April 10, 2009 @ 03:52 AM
unvrsl

start off by perfecting a happy face. when you can draw 100 interesting happy faces, you're ready to move on. some of the world's best artists can't draw a stick man to save their lives.

good luck.
April 10, 2009 @ 04:11 AM
wikedwun

Of course anything is possible as long as U put ur mind to it homey
April 10, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
SK1

You can't learn talent. You can learn perspective, proportion, etc, all that bullshit they teach in art classes. But, if you don't have the natural born skill, it won't make much of a difference.
April 10, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
unvrsl

You can't learn talent. You can learn perspective, proportion, etc, all that bullshit they teach in art classes. But, if you don't have the natural born skill, it won't make much of a difference.

Things wrong with this reply:

a) The question is not whether you can learn talent. The question is whether you can learn Drawing. Drawing is not a talent all by itself. You can draw and not be talented. You can be talented and not draw. You can be somewhat talented at drawing, but very creative. You can be somewhat creative, but very talented at drawing. You can be neither, and still be good with visual communication. You might be a horrible at drawing, but excellent at directing movies, documentaries, or films. You might be a great painter, but a bad sketch artist. You might be a horrible technical drawer, but a great cartoonist. Once again, the question is not whether talent can be learned or taught. The question is whether you can be taught to draw and the answer is yes.

b) perspective and proportion, and all that other stuff taught in art classes aren't bullshit at all. I don't have a clue what you mean by that. an extremely talented self-taught artist might still be horrible in their understanding of proportion, scale, movement, contrast, rule of thirds, symmetry, closure (the "et ceteras" you speak of) and somehow naturally talented at making an illustration look pleasing to the unsuspecting eye. for example you may have never gone to art school, but you're amazing at graffiti.

I can understand what you're trying to get at but the simple fact is you're still not on point even if part of what you're saying is valid
April 10, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
Chewbakka

start off with stick figures to learn placement and motion. Sketch still life to learn detail and shadowing. Practice practice practice practice, and I cant stress it any more, PRACTICE.
April 10, 2009 @ 10:41 PM
line-one

u ever heard about that class called drawing?
It is possible to leard to draw you just got to take it serious and practice allot. You will definatly see improvements after the class and practice
April 10, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
scrm

Take classes and practice with an open mind.
April 12, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
BSH

of course, there is no "creative gene"
April 13, 2009 @ 12:21 AM
bloxheads

kill yourself you worthless herb you are a drone, you cannot learn creativity, better off dead

man. this is beautiful.
April 13, 2009 @ 08:19 AM
Isaac Trump

study. maybe buy a book. but mainly, observe. i agree to have style is difficult to learn aside from practicing and a little bit of natural ability... but you can LEARN technical skills and methods to rendering images.

for instance i can draw cartoon style and i am/was a graffiti writer, good with letters and shapes, but i had to buy a book to learn figure drawing. (i also took a course in college)

observe, study, practice

no easy way to learn anything worth learning
April 13, 2009 @ 11:07 AM
shadip

Drawing can be learn't as long as you don't have any hand eye coordination problems...
April 13, 2009 @ 11:53 AM
vinhhhh

Nah drawing can be very easy if taken into real small steps.

I mean, first try taking a picture and make grids on it. And one by one draw each square to what you see rather then what it is.

That's how I learned how to draw. Draw everything, not the person, tree, animal, etc. It's not a nose it's just shading. You feel?
April 13, 2009 @ 12:17 PM
dacrow

yes, you can learn. my brother used to suck ass at drawing but after a lot of practice he's crazy now, could do it as a career if he wanted to.

i suggest you go out and take some photos, then draw them as realistically as you can. (if you use one online it's just ripping other people's work which is no good).

as for creativity, which IMO is more important than technical skill, go explore some artists that are extremely creative. start here if you want, these are the kaikai kiki people. don't bite them of course but if there's a single element you like, for example color combinations or a shape or something, see what you can do with it.

english.kaikaikiki.co.jp/artists/
May 8, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
krissabatoon

how to draw
Of course you can learn, try to draw a special thing.. that way you can easily learn. |0 |0 |0razz razz razz

http :// www .drawingwithconfidence .com /index210ArtSecrets .html
May 8, 2010 @ 05:01 PM
northwest

ive always liked to draw. over time i got better? hopefully haha. but to answer your question, yes you can learn.
May 8, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
DStyles

That's BS. Just because you were not "born" with talent doesn't mean you will never have that talent. Draw, draw, draw! Take some classes to learn the basics and then apply those basics. You also need patience!

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 8, 2010 @ 07:21 PM
Shanklin

Fuck taking a class. IMO, you can either draw, or draw better. Repetition is the key to art so just keep drawing a lot. You'll eventually adapt to your own mistakes and develop your own style. Fuck what everyone else says, when it comes to art, there are no boundaries or guidelines.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

Please login first to reply.