Sign up for our newsletters
Receive the latest in Footwear, Fashion, Music and Creativity in our newsletters.
Ten of Billboard’s top journalists determined the highest earning artists in the industry for 2014. The numbers are based only on music-produced revenue and broken down into profits from sales, streaming, publishing and touring. The top ten alone includes a diverse group with 1Direction coming in first to be followed by Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Billy Joel, The Eagles (who sold 116,000 copies of their Greatest Hits album from 39 years ago, casually), Paul McCartney and JAY Z.
1. One Direction – $46 Million
2. Katy Perry – $30.1 Million
3. Justin Timberlake – $27.9 Million
4. Billy Joel – $27.2 Million
5. The Eagles – $26.2 Million
6. Luke Bryan – $25 Million
7. Paul McCartney – $23.5 Million
8. Geoge Strait – $22.5 Million
9. JAY Z – $22 Million
10. Jason Aldean – $20.2 Million
You can check out the rest of the list here.
Written by Rae Witte