Share this article with friends Share
HYPETRAK is now part of HYPEBEAST Music. Read the latest music stories here.

A New Grooveshark Is Online After Shut Down of Original Site

Last week, in order to avoid facing a multimillion-dollar lawsuit, Grooveshark shut down “forever”

Last week, in order to avoid facing a multimillion-dollar lawsuit, Grooveshark shut down “forever” due to having lost a legal battle with record labels; but, only seven days later a replica website has started up, and its plan is to replace Grooveshark in its entirety. The new site is almost identical, and there are suspicions as to how it is able to be live online. With Grooveshark users frantically trying to relieve their playlists of the last seven years, this new site will see them all breath a sigh of relief. The lines however, remain blurred as due to the aforementioned lawsuits, it is debatable as to whether the new replica will be able to stick round. A contact at the site states:

“I started backing up all the content on the website when I started suspecting that Grooveshark’s demise is close and my suspicion was confirmed a few days later when they closed. By the time they closed I have already backed up 90% of the content on the site and I’m now working on the remaining 10%.”

Written by Joss Meek

Read Full Article

What to Read Next

Find Out What the Most Popular Drugs Are at Each Music Festival
Soulection x Daily Paper 2015 Spring/Summer Coach Jackets
Watch RL Grime Play an Unreleased Skrillex and What So Not Track
Gentry 2015 Fall/Winter Lookbook
What's the Biggest Music Festival in the U.S.?
Watch Blur's First Live NYC Performance in 16 Years
Load More