Sign up for our newsletters
Receive the latest in Footwear, Fashion, Music and Creativity in our newsletters.
To cap things off for Michael Lau’s Gardener Tenth exhibition in Los Angeles, the Hong Kong toy-maker teams up with MINDstyle and De La Barracuda to release two new pieces, an all black version of his Submilgaytona watch and his new character, M.L.M.D. If you pick up an M.L.M.D. (Sample) & Submilgaytona set, you will also be given an LA Fat figure in iconic Lakers colorways, limited to 109 pieces only. A detailed run-down of the character can be seen below.
Michael Lau x MINDstyle x De La Barracuda: M.L.M.D Watch Set
Here’s one of the hottest and new limited edition sets by toy pioneer Michael Lau for Gardener Tenth. The exclusive set includes an all black version of his Submilgaytona watch and his new character, M.L.M.D.
But that’s not all, with the purchase of the M.L.M.D. (Sample) & Submilgaytona set, fans and collectors will receive a (Not For Sale) ultra limited purple and gold inspired “champions” LA Fat figure in celebration of his 10th anniversary, definitely making this one of Michael Lau’s rarest collectibles.
Each set is hand numbered and signed by Michael Lau and limited to only 109 pieces worldwide, in celebration of his 109 Gardeners.
Gardener Tenth M.L.M.D. (Sample) & Submilgaytona set. Actually different parts of the M.L.M.D. figure are inspired by different parts of the watch:
- left and right eyes = the “12″ and “1″ hour graphic on the dial
- nose = the second arm
- mouth = the different hour graphic on the dial
- left arm = the hour arm
- right arm = the minute arm
- left and right feet are different as the top and bottom band
- right shoe is from the “4″ hour graphic on the dial
- the head and figure = Michael Lau
- the crown = MINDstyle
- the cross pattern on the body and color version = De La Barracuda
- the whole inspiration of the M.L.M.D. watch set is from sampling, mix-matching different iconic designs.
The M.L.M.D.“Submilgaytona”watch and (N.F.S) LA Fat figure will be available at De La Barracuda with limited sets being released each day of the exhibition. Each watch is numbered and signed. The box set and rare LA Fat figure will be priced at USD $495.00.